WTB: Line Pescado (or Sanouk, if they're out there)

Anyone have a pair of Pescados lying around that need a new home?

And while we're on the subject of swallowtails, would be interested in a pair of Sanouks to replace the swiss-cheesed pair in my garage.

*fingers crossed*

You can pry my pescados out of my dead frozen fingers... But actually I remember seeing them somewhere cheap online, perhaps a canadian site... hold on I will try to find it.

Here's a good deal

https://www.ebay.com/p/Line-Pescado-...2259784&chn=ps

I remember there being some ebay coupons for a while, perhaps someone has one? I think there's an eBay deals thread here somewhere.

Also they are on regular level nine for the same price, and on steepandcheap, and a few other places.

You probably won't find them much cheaper used.

Also... they are literally the shit. Best pow ski I have ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    You can pry my pescados out of my dead frozen fingers... But actually I remember seeing them somewhere cheap online, perhaps a canadian site... hold on I will try to find it.
    Thanks, if you are thinking what I'm thinking, that place has them for $440. Hoping for a lightly used set for less, but may end up ponying up for new.

wait which place? corbetts?

yup

I would have the same logic... but the issue is that a crazy good clearance deal at the start of the off season isn’t the same as the build up to the season itself. They are a pretty low volume ski (for line at least). I might just buy those ones off eBay if you really want a set for this season.

I also have a set and really enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    yup

Giving it a day, but this is good advice.

Giving it a day, but this is good advice.
    I forgot Corbetts has free US shipping, and doesn't charge tax for US customers. That is a damn good deal. I am tempted to get a set for touring.

the sanouks have a very large turn shape and the Pescado is really turny. Other then the tail, do they ski similar at all?

(cuz I love my sanouks)

Yeah they’re really not similar save for the fact that they’re easy to ski in deep pow (one by hearsay, the other by personal experience). Lending them out to a friend for Japan then going to keep for myself/further lending.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    This mirrors my experience on the sanouk. Technically a ski with limited sidecut, but the flex (and intended conditions) make them easy to bend into shorter turns.

Granted I skied them in June on suncupped ice on Mount Washington at one point, and this ^ didn't exactly happen.

I grabbed the Pescado from Corbett’s for $440 delivered which included the fee from my bank

the sanouks have a very large turn shape and the Pescado is really turny. Other then the tail, do they ski similar at all?

(cuz I love my sanouks)
    Is the Sanouk reverse camber? or flat?

The Pescado has a sidecut that's like 1/3 the size of the sanouk, and quite a lot of camber, so they are really poppy, but stiff enough to be sturdy, and they turn on a dime once you figure them out. Especially in the steep and deep. The Pescado compared to the Sanouk are like a formula 1 car compared to a nascar. I would assume anyway, based on skis like the sanouk I have been on.

The Pescado has a sidecut that's like 1/3 the size of the sanouk, and quite a lot of camber, so they are really poppy, but stiff enough to be sturdy, and they turn on a dime once you figure them out. Especially in the steep and deep. The Pescado compared to the Sanouk are like a formula 1 car compared to a nascar. I would assume anyway, based on skis like the sanouk I have been on.
    Yeah I think this whole thread is pretty misleading at this point, wouldn’t say they’re the same in any characteristic besides their ease of use in deep snow (and the swallowtail, of course). Just happen to be two skis I’m on the lookout for.

Yeah I think this whole thread is pretty misleading at this point, wouldn’t say they’re the same in any characteristic besides their ease of use in deep snow (and the swallowtail, of course). Just happen to be two skis I’m on the lookout for.
    well I still recommend the Pescado. They are way light for the width, and ski much better on groomers than you would think. Any day that's too deep for my 106 waist skis I am on those, and I don't need anything else.

small camber, and VERY soft. turn into reverse VERY easily

I picked up a pair from corbetts along with a set of Pivot 14's this summer for around 600 shipped to my door. I would check them out and see if they have any left. I can't wait to get on them. Hopefully I get some good powder days in before I take off for Japan in Jan so I can get a few days to figure them out.

small camber, and VERY soft. turn into reverse VERY easily
    Interesting. I was under the assumption they were the typical Volkl stiffer flex.

Quote Originally Posted by pman View Post
    I picked up a pair from corbetts along with a set of Pivot 14's this summer for around 600 shipped to my door. I would check them out and see if they have any left. I can't wait to get on them. Hopefully I get some good powder days in before I take off for Japan in Jan so I can get a few days to figure them out.
    Here's a tip. I really like how they ski in a super low/neutral stance. So you aren't upright, more like you are ready to ski slalom or moguls or something, but instead of glued forward in your boots, sort of a forward/neutral weighting. But having more angle in all your joints puts more power on femur rotation and allows you to really drive the pescado the way you want it. And don't fear going over the front, its pretty hard to do. Even in Japan.

I have a spare set of Sanouks that I could be convinced to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    I have a spare set of Sanouks that I could be convinced to part with.
    really? what topsheet? mounts? price?

1x mount. Faux wood grain top sheets. Minimal topsheet chipping. Bases are in minty condition.

These continue to be my favorite pow skis of all time.

All PMs responded to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5689.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	827.6 KB 
ID:	253111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5690.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	965.8 KB 
ID:	253112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5691.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	817.9 KB 
ID:	253113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5692.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	932.0 KB 
ID:	253114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5693.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	253115
    Last edited by GBB; 10-29-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: photos

Well that solved that. Thanks for playing, all.