Best budget kids' helmet for racing?

My 8 year old daughter is starting ski racing this year and has to get a better helmet (one that has a hard covering over the ears). Anyone gone through this search and figured out a good option that's not $150 or more? I hate spending that much since she's growing fast and likely will outgrow it in a season or two, but obviously it's important so if that's what we gotta do then we'll do it. Her coach recommended POC and Shred helmets, but they start around $150 and go up from there.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

You should be able to get “racer pricing”, some online shops offer it online after you register, others will give you a discount when you call. POC orbic used to be around $140 with that.

teams typically have a swap in the fall where older racers put gear that needs a new home
    see if your team has such an event

or

they often run a facebook page where those sorts of requests can be filled pretty easily

My kids are not in a race program yet, but in anticipation of starting this season I bought the Briko Vulcano Jr. My 9 year old boy, with a near adult sized head, may out grow his this year, but my 7 year old has a lot of adjustment left.

https://brikousa.com/product/vulcano...helmet-legacy/

It is adjustable and has the FIS sticker. Looks like there are a few of last year’s colors, in limited sizes,on sale for $99.

Don't know if they still make it but Boeri used to have a hard ear kid's helmet that was a lot less than POC etc.. My kids used them when they were that age (they hated the POC fit). The Briko mentioned above is a good option too.

Also look at adult helmets - there's a lot of overlap in sizes and a S or XS adult helmet may fit. E.g. Giro Sestriere or Atomic Redster Replica (just like Mikaela!).

Go the second hand route, most all racing programs have a swap meet. If not buy a new one, DONT's put any stickers on it and in two years you can sell it for 60% of what you paid for it.

Not sure what they have now, but Uvex makes a good racing helmet and gets a lot less play in the US so sometimes google can find good deals.