16 YO getting from DIA to Copper

She's headed out for a camp at Copper, likely arriving late evening and needs to be at Copper the following morning. Any better/worse ways for her to get there on her own? Obviously will have a fair amount of gear (couple pairs of skis and poles and all the other usual crap). She's never traveled by herself before, so would like to make sure she doesn't end up stranded overnight at DIA or something (and then miss part or all of a day of the camp). I'm assuming she can get a ride back, but if not then she'll need to navigate the reverse on her own as well.
    [quote][//quote]

I can give her a lift if you need?

CME

Uber

https://www.epicmountainexpress.com/

They have a statement that under 16 requires a guardian to accompany.

Quote Originally Posted by pow_pow~ View Post
    I can give her a lift if you need?
    Great. Look for a PM from Rontele with her flight info.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    https://www.epicmountainexpress.com/

They have a statement that under 16 requires a guardian to accompany.
    Yeah, that looks good. Unless I hear something else I guess that will work.
    [quote][//quote]

Late evening arrivals can get screwed by CME, just a warning, most of the shuttles don't run late night. 8:30am-11pm so she'll need to be in that window, other services have even earlier cutoffs.

Might want to just make sure she get's an earlier flight.

That's one of my concerns, working on making sure it's as early as possible--problem is she's already missing some school for this which causes her a lot of stress, so I don't think I can pull her out earlier on the day she's supposed to leave. With the time change she should be able to get in early enough no problem, assuming no delays.
    [quote][//quote]

Have you contacted the camp organizers?

What day? If it matches my wifes return flight (she travels a fair amount for work), she has a large vehicle and ski box and loves chatting with racers since thats her background.

Otherwise 1st tracks, epic mtn express, or peak 2 peak transportation are all shuttle services thta serve dia to summit/eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

16? Nope can’t do it this year. Age of consent in CO is 17.

Will Benny be in CO by then?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Not help w transport but my lovely and talented wife will be there with the little rippers over the first camp...nov 2-10 or something. I’m sure if she needs help or anything she would be more than willing. If that’s her dates shoot me a PM. Their driving down from park city 11/1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Wasn’t Blurred thinking about opening a shuttle company for Summit/Vail?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was waiting for someone to suggest our resident bus driver (Blurred). I imagine she'd never travel anywhere ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Have you contacted the camp organizers?
    Yes and no--it's SMS so I know the coaches and have spoken with them, but she's arriving several days late (again, missing school is a big issue for her so she won't be there for the duration). Not sure if they'll do a pickup for one racer or which coaches might be able/willing to drive back and forth (no idea what SMS's vehicle situation at Copper will be).

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What day? If it matches my wifes return flight (she travels a fair amount for work), she has a large vehicle and ski box and loves chatting with racers since thats her background.
    Thanks, but seems a longshot--Monday evening the week of Thanksgiving. I assume one of the shuttles will work out.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I was waiting for someone to suggest our resident bus driver (Blurred). I imagine she'd never travel anywhere ever again.

Yes and no--it's SMS so I know the coaches and have spoken with them, but she's arriving several days late (again, missing school is a big issue for her so she won't be there for the duration). Not sure if they'll do a pickup for one racer or which coaches might be able/willing to drive back and forth (no idea what SMS's vehicle situation at Copper will be).

Thanks, but seems a longshot--Monday evening the week of Thanksgiving. I assume one of the shuttles will work out.
    No luck that Monday. This Monday would have been a go. I would book a shuttle sooner than later.

Blurred? He ran a limo service waaaay back in the day. He lives in CB now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

^^Uh oh.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Is she at SMS? Because missing school at SMS is no big deal. She has plenty of time to make it up.

You can try these guys too - https://www.freshtrackstransportatio...coppermountain

No, if she were at SMS this wouldn't matter at all. They probably don't even have classes those days. Her school is pretty crazy intense, so missed days have become almost non-existent recently. Even this was a struggle.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^^Uh oh.
    Pretty sure it's ok as long as you don't say it thrice
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

No, if she were at SMS this wouldn't matter at all. They probably don't even have classes those days. Her school is pretty crazy intense, so missed days have become almost non-existent recently. Even this was a struggle.
    If she needs a good tutor, I know a good guy in NYC. Same last name as me, but dont think we are related.

As an aside, I admire the OP’s balls in putting his 16 yo daughter “up for grabs” in this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    As an aside, I admire the OP’s balls
    Just what I need, another balls admirer. I feel like I already have a few of those who follow me around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    If she needs a good tutor, I know a good guy in NYC. Same last name as me, but dont think we are related.
    That guy is the best! Been a few years since he was in the game, though (and as she moves into calculus he'd probably have to be the one getting tutored).
    [quote][//quote]