Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Peak opened today. Guess I was wrong. Was fun up there.
    So, now 2900ft vert laps are skiable from Peak to Big Red, right?

Are laps skiable from Roundhouse to WhisGondy MidStation yet?

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Negative. Midstation (Red/Creekside Gondi) is as low as you can ski. VERY little snow at Olympic station.

Busy weekend in the slack country! All kinds of random skin tracks and ski lines I've never seen before. People are keen for sure.

Near country is pretty beat now - not sure there is enough daylight to tour out to pow and make it back for downloading!

I have free early season that I don't think I'm going to use. Moguled slack country and 2 hour download waits? I think I'll just keep touring

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    I have free early season that I don't think I'm going to use. Moguled slack country and 2 hour download waits? I think I'll just keep touring
    You're missing out: I was inbounds yesterday and scored a free natural base grind on my Monster 88's -- though I will admit it was pretty uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by obviouslynotagolfer View Post
    You're missing out: I was inbounds yesterday and scored a free natural base grind on my Monster 88's -- though I will admit it was pretty uneven.
    westside biking was primo yesterday! one good thing about the high pressure is getting to pop the cherry on a new rig beginning of December, I guess...but Ullr, seriously ready for a good storm flow

Must be doing something wrong, I've had fun skiing the last couple days. No download waiting on Excalibur or creek (well I didn't download creek on the weekend but no wait on Excalibur at 3:30 Saturday). Biking also good.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    westside biking was primo yesterday! one good thing about the high pressure is getting to pop the cherry on a new rig beginning of December
    What new rig are you defiling?

Pemby trails are running good too but some slabs are icing over. South facing low elevation trails are $$$.

making snow to the valley on whistler. downloading days are almost over, at least on one mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    What new rig are you defiling?

Pemby trails are running good too but some slabs are icing over. South facing low elevation trails are $$$.
    Bronson v3, going to try and smash off a few lunch time rides this week too here in Function, hopefully the system change comes through on the weekend, ready to ski pow!

An overnight in the Cakehole couldn't have been fun

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...t?oid=12368394

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    An overnight in the Cakehole couldn't have been fun

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...t?oid=12368394
    it's never too early in the season for idiocy!

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    it's never too early in the season for idiocy!
    Dude is lucky it wasn’t on a colder night! Why not just walk down when the snow runs out, easy peasy (joking of course). Whole new level of dumb attempting that with current conditions, curious what his plan was.

Assuming there was a plan is likely a stretch.

Acceptable quality of windbuffed cold snow. Definitely could be more

Blackcomb glacier. Its bony

Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I was up yesterday and it's pretty damn icy. I nice infusion of new snow would definitely be helpful.

Jeez, Decker and Spearman/Spearhead look a lot different this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBobby View Post
    Never been to Whistler before...hoping to make the journey this year from the east coast. Thinking late spring, though. Decent time to go?
    They usually only have one mountain open in late April due to lack of people.

Best time to go is early to mid April, crowds are gone, everything is on sale, and while WB can get rain at any time, April has a better than most months chance for sunshine.

April 22 for Blackcomb and May 27 for Whistler this season. First time in quite a few years that Whistler is staying open later.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    April 22 for Blackcomb and May 27 for Whistler this season. First time in quite a few years that Whistler is staying open later.
    i am stoked about this.

I have booked for mid February, 3rd year in a row, going for a week.

Was shocked to see the low snow. Seems the forecast this week will sort that out.

Taking my 67 year old father, night be his last ski year so hopefully he can get some great conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    Taking my 67 year old father, might be his last ski year so hopefully he can get some great conditions.
    That's what I have been thinking the last few years about my dad, but he's now 81, still ripping, even though he had some health issues. We are heading to Zermatt in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    That's what I have been thinking the last few years about my dad, but he's now 81, still ripping, even though he had some health issues. We are heading to Zermatt in February.
    I was going to post something like this then wondered if maybe SD's Dad had something more than age that was looming? In any case I hope he gets awesome conditions for their trip.

It seems like a lifetime ago that I last skied with my Dad who got us into the sport. So glad he did.