Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBobby View Post
    Possibly, have a UT trip planned as well and wouldn't want them to be too close to one another. Trying for 1x a month.
    Depends where you're traveling from.

If you're traveling a long way perhaps not?

You really wouldn't be seeing it at it's best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Never been to Whistler before...hoping to make the journey this year from the east coast. Thinking late spring, though. Decent time to go?
    Late March early April usually delivers. Here is a old thread about April snowfall. (vs Alta)
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...whistler+april

Very interesting. That’s probably the time I’ll have to drive my home on wheels up to Whistler. Spent Jan 15 to March 7 in Whistler this past season. Best season I’ve ever lived. You give me a lot of optimism for late season Whistler. Thanks.

Will be there March 14-18 if anyone else wants to get a couple of laps in I’m down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Never been to Whistler before...hoping to make the journey this year from the east coast. Thinking late spring, though. Decent time to go?
    You should go earlier, dude. Colder, better chance of best snow, most terrain, less mush or rain. Fuck late spring for destination trips. Been there did that.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    You should go earlier, dude. Colder, better chance of best snow, most terrain, less mush or rain. Fuck late spring for destination trips. Been there did that.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
    Usually I go in February so March will be a new experience. But agreed if you never have been go February for best change or terrain and snow.

Page 2 of this thread and no pics from this year--WTF.
    Who's been out?
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Whistler conditions 18-19

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    28cm base at pig alley end of october, snow and falling freezing levels in the forecast, yeah, we're getting so screwed.....
    Bull shit, that’s a classic WB exaggeration! I was at pig alley elevation and higher a couple days ago and there is 15cm MAX. Not to worry though, it’ll come.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Bull shit, that’s a classic WB exaggeration! I was at pig alley elevation and higher a couple days ago and there is 15cm MAX. Not to worry though, it’ll come.

just what the weather station page was saying at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Page 2 of this thread and no pics from this year--WTF.
    Who's been out?
    Always thought the thread was supposed to start when someone actually got out... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whistler conditions 18-19

Is Air Jordan good to go yet, what about Asian Pussy?
    Just fucking point it and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Always thought the thread was supposed to start when someone actually got out... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Nope. I've started it the last number of years. Just whenever I start thinking snow I go look and see if anyone has started one yet.

I rode through a pile of ice rink snow beside meadow park on my bike this afternoon if that counts

Its never good and always way too crowded, stay away

At least it's cold right now. I'm sure work is underway on the WROD.

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    Its never good and always way too crowded, stay away
    The Longhorn?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    The Longhorn?
    yes exactly. tell your friends too ok

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    P2P doesn’t open right away though most mornings does it? Mid morning might be faster on busy weekends though.

Forecast looks promising. If it doesn’t pan out just keep mtn biking.
    I feel like typical P2P opening is 9 and closer to 9:30 on days with wind or other considerations. On most days where the alpine is on some type of delay, you could take the Blackcomb Gondola and P2P over before the Peak and Harmony/Symphony open. But then again, with Blackcomb's alpine lifts typically being first to spin, why not take advantage of the fact you're already at Rendezvous and position yourself over there. Certainly does add a new angle while taking away others.

Last season in Creekside was my dream winter, I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to live that close to such an amazing resort again, but sure as hell glad I was able to pull it off. I'll be living vicariously through this thread before I get a chance to visit at some point. Have a blast and be safe everybody.

Pretty good sunset from the Seventh Heaven webcam yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7thHeavenBlackcombMountainCam_2018-11-09_4-33pm.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	387.8 KB 
ID:	254865

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    I feel like typical P2P opening is 9 and closer to 9:30 on days with wind or other considerations. On most days where the alpine is on some type of delay, you could take the Blackcomb Gondola and P2P over before the Peak and Harmony/Symphony open. But then again, with Blackcomb's alpine lifts typically being first to spin, why not take advantage of the fact you're already at Rendezvous and position yourself over there. Certainly does add a new angle while taking away others.

Last season in Creekside was my dream winter, I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to live that close to such an amazing resort again, but sure as hell glad I was able to pull it off. I'll be living vicariously through this thread before I get a chance to visit at some point. Have a blast and be safe everybody.
    Dude. I feel ya. I was at the RV park down the road. One stop light down was Blackcomb. Past one stop light in the other direction was the community center for hot tubbing and sauna apres ski. Last winter is the standard that all other winters will be measured against.

Best 2 months of my life.

You guys picked a pretty good one for it. Well played.

Hope the weather turns soon.

Fourth winter in Creekside coming up! Nothing beats walking through the snow during a good cycle before first light, getting right up to the gondy with the first couple dozen familiar faces, then going into Backside for some coffee. Lest I forget when I'm paying rent how god damn lucky I am. See you guys up there soon

How early do you have to show up to get first bucket?

Saw some tracks at Brandywine today. Looks like someone really hates their skis.

Heliotrope on the other hand was just fine on Saturday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1542079209.916446.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	255204

Hopefully this week's snow levels will stay low enough to help out at Whistler!

Dec 14 for Blackcomb Gondy opening..... https://twitter.com/WhistlerBlckcmb/...21482498875392