Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    yeah, I definitely didn't experience snow like that on Whistler

That Abma snaking my tracks

Fyi GE being dug out. Depending on stability GE and Crystal are being prepared to run

Edit 81 cms on storm board. Whoa
    Last edited by LeeLau; 01-04-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    That Abma snaking my tracks

Fyi GE being dug out. Depending on stability GE and Crystal are being prepared to run
    Crystal should be a lot of fun if they manage to get it ready today!

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/fatal-avalanch...say-1.4241187?

stay safe out there this weekend...

shitty.

so should i try to come up this weekend? will the alpine crack?

Sad news, thoughts to families and friends of the deceased.

raypruit: I would think they would get at least 7th/GE for sure by Sunday probably tomorrow. I'm going up Sunday probably Flute and Musical Bumps pending conditions.

you guys hang tight down there, I'll let you know tomorrow night...

Zero attempt to open glacier today. Crystal opened though. The Bite and Staircase etc were the deepest I’ve ever had.

It got a little warm towards the end of the day. Hopefully alpine crack tomorrow. Backcountry too sketch for me.

RIP to Squamish skier. :-(

Props to patrol for opening Glacier and Spankies so quickly today. We left at noon after freshies down Heavenly and Ruby. Busy as fuuuuuck.

waited a long time for peak today, but second chair was worth it, beauty turns in the alpine

Whistler conditions 18-19

Epic app wait times didn't look that bad at 1. Peak was like 15 min. Maybe not accurate? A bit bummed all Alpine opened today, but stoked for you guys. Now leaning towards touring tomorrow

How was the alpine looking? Vis looked decent. Was it just scoured from all the winds or did we get some more stuff filled in?

blown out corral on peak, 20+ probably...I skied bowl/shale first lap and it was really good, not really windblown at all, Monday's/West second lap was exquisite, Khyber was very good top 2/3s, average bottom 1/3 but not terrible by any stretch...good vis by the time they opened

Rope drop on Spankies along with 100-200 of my closest friends. Bit of a gongshow as impatient brobrahs tried breaking 4 separate boot packs to cut the lineup But, untracked down Ruby and Garnet made it more than worth the wait. Laps good till the closing bell
    Last edited by Huskydoc; 01-05-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Rope drop on Spankies along with 100-200 of my closest friends. Bit of a gongshow as inpatient brobrahs tried breaking 4 separate boot packs to cut the lineup
    Patrol actually tried to stop people from making the other boot packs, for a few mins at least. I don't blame others for trying tho, the first dozen or so were hopelessly slow. One dude stopped to take a selfie.

Quite funny watching grown ass men and women getting so aggro with each other. All to be friends again at the bottom.

rumour that delayed peak opening today was from some ass monkeys skinning up 86 and dropping into west bowl during control work.... (*@^$(^@(&$^*^!!!&*%$%!!!&$*(

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Patrol actually tried to stop people from making the other boot packs, for a few mins at least. I don't blame others for trying tho, the first dozen or so were hopelessly slow. One dude stopped to take a selfie.

Quite funny watching grown ass men and women getting so aggro with each other. All to be friends again at the bottom.
    Ha! I remember the impatient “side” booters up to Spanky’s. I’d still click in and drop before some of them trying to catch their breath. They don’t really bug me.

Selfie dude should have been whacked in the ribs with a ski pole for holding up the line though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    rumour that delayed peak opening today was from some ass monkeys skinning up 86 and dropping into west bowl during control work.... (*@^$(^@(&$^*^!!!&*%$%!!!&$*(
    Hope passes were lifted...saw Wayne post a pic of somebody doing the same the other day. Congrats to all who savored the alpine today!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    How was the alpine looking? Vis looked decent. Was it just scoured from all the winds or did we get some more stuff filled in?
    Not wind-scoured in any of the alpine zones I hit today on Whistler Peak. Just great powder everywhere up high.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Rope drop on Spankies along with 100-200 of my closest friends. Bit of a gongshow as impatient brobrahs tried breaking 4 separate boot packs to cut the lineup But, untracked down Ruby and Garnet made it more than worth the wait. Laps good till the closing bell
    Diiiirty

Thinking of a trip out there April 12-19. What's the normal weather like then? Wet, sunny, both?

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Thinking of a trip out there April 12-19. What's the normal weather like then? Wet, sunny, both?
    In an 8-day span at that time, yeah you'll probably get both wet days & sunny days (plus maybe 1-2 surprise sick pow days). I feel like April 1-15 is often dominated by rainy, poor viz days, but I think it's a better mix during your April 12-19 period...we'll see.

Check out https://www.wssf.com/sports/ for fun events at that time. More events will be added to that webpage as we approach April, and usually free ski demos on both Sat-Sun (April 13-14).

Two blown edges/sidewalls today on a 9ft snow base. I keep landing my smaller airs onto rocks hidden below the surface. Obviously I'm doing it wrong.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

baby sat the kiddo this morning while the Mrs went XCing, didn't get up until 12 but only missed alpine opening by 15-20 minutes, 3 top to bottoms was really really good, nice and deep in the trees

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    baby sat the kiddo this morning while the Mrs went XCing
    I believe that's called parenting. I have nothing useful to add to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjeremiah View Post
    I believe that's called parenting. I have nothing useful to add to this thread.
    thanks for the tip