Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Looks like the hose will be back on in a major way this week, enjoy, all those who can! Lee, looking forward to your continued shots this season, both in low and high tides.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    I have booked for mid February, 3rd year in a row, going for a week.

Was shocked to see the low snow. Seems the forecast this week will sort that out.

Taking my 67 year old father, night be his last ski year so hopefully he can get some great conditions.
    Nice!!! Such a cool thing to be able to ski with your parents

14cms new already. Pig Alley weather station (which is low) is showing 14.1cms new with freezing levels nice and steady

Weather this week looks like the usual Whistler delivery of fine pow. Enjoy, everybody! Making the trip after the new year and late February. Stoked to get back there!

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    That's what I have been thinking the last few years about my dad, but he's now 81, still ripping, even though he had some health issues. We are heading to Zermatt in February.
    that's awesome.

WE are from Scotland and been doing our yearly Spring trip for 10 days in AltaBird but this trip is shorter at 6 days skiing as 10 is far too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    I was going to post something like this then wondered if maybe SD's Dad had something more than age that was looming? In any case I hope he gets awesome conditions for their trip.

It seems like a lifetime ago that I last skied with my Dad who got us into the sport. So glad he did.
    No as far as I am aware he is healthy, golfs all the time weather allowing.

My dads side of the family just liked skiing so that got me into it when I was 2! still my favourite thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Nice!!! Such a cool thing to be able to ski with your parents

14cms new already. Pig Alley weather station (which is low) is showing 14.1cms new with freezing levels nice and steady
    Yes he will be skiing till lunch time and I will be skiing in the afternoons on lonesome or other half.

BOOM, got my Tignes trip in just under 3 weeks and they are just coming to the end of a big storm too. fingers crossed!

Whistler conditions 18-19

Getting better out there! I don't think it could have been snowing any harder this morning - Whistler of yore pukage. Ditches etc filling in but still a long ways before im tree skiing without death wish.

Some touchy slabs in the alpine. I kicked off a good one on shale slope but kept on charging - for that AK bro feeling. Surprise held up really well for some reason. I think the sketchy traverse did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Getting better out there! I don't think it could have been snowing any harder this morning - Whistler of yore pukage. Ditches etc filling in but still a long ways before im tree skiing without death wish.

Some touchy slabs in the alpine. I kicked off a good one on shale slope but kept on charging - for that AK bro feeling. Surprise held up really well for some reason. I think the sketchy traverse did the trick.
    Looking like a good week for you. Keep us posted on how the conditions improve!

I'm pondering a whistler visit this weekend, think it's worth the drive? Any rumors on how much more terrain will be available Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Looking like a good week for you. Keep us posted on how the conditions improve!

]
    Ok. Welp, it puked hard all day. Got pretty deep in places. Below catskinner chair you could easily find chest deep turns, exploding over the head. Pretty gusty on ridges. They managed to open crystal chair tho.

Wet snow in the village. It’s now possible to ski out to lot 6 etc.

By the end of this storm cycle I’m thinking everything will be back to ‘normal’ for this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm pondering a whistler visit this weekend, think it's worth the drive?
    Seems like the answer is "yes."

Saw that Crystal opened... curious what coverage in the trees will be like by the weekend. Will be my first day of the season, may as well blow up my knees on barely covered stumps and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Saw that Crystal opened... curious what coverage in the trees will be like by the weekend. Will be my first day of the season, may as well blow up my knees on barely covered stumps and rocks.
    Still thin under chair etc but if these storms pan out we could see maybe another meter in there through the weekend. I'd go.

First day tomorrow in 10 days or so. What do you say, do I bring out my fancy schmancy new pow twigs or my beater pow twigs?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GrantN View Post
    First day tomorrow in 10 days or so. What do you say, do I bring out my fancy schmancy new pow twigs or my beater pow twigs?

I’ve been bombing around the last few days on my A game setup and haven’t hit a thing. And it’s only getting better out there.

Personally, I'd bring the beaters, but then I've had some monumental core shots with this kind of coverage in that past (and I would prefer to just ski and not think/care about my skis hitting rock). They need another meter (as xyz said).

edit: if they get 40cm overnight then ignore the above.

Awesome guys. Beaters it is. Gimme a shout if u see a pair of Moment donner party's.

Is tomorrow a get to creekside before 7:45 day?

Awesome guys. Beaters it is. Gimme a shout if u see a pair of Moment donner party's.

Is tomorrow a get to creekside before 7:45 day?

based on the snow stake cam right now, yes.

was up today for my first inbounds day of the season. peak opened around noon, but everything up high was pretty windbuffed. never seen so many exposed rocks in whis bowl. trees were starting to get rideable. tomorrow should be siiiiiick

damn looks like 31cm from 4pm-1am. Insane. Have fun tomorrow guys, post some stoke.

Looks like snow stake cam shows snow stake completely buried. Well, in another hour it will be. Currently at 45cms. Insane.

Those driving from Van may want to leave extra early.

Unusually enormous and much needed dump for Whistler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Sweet Jesus. Bring yer snorkels!!

EDIT: whoops....

there we go.

Holy fuck did I ever pick the wrong day

Fuck me I slept through my alarm. Looks like I'll be getting there late

Snow stake just fell over.

Let the gong show begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan5 View Post
    .. fair to say, time to start worrying?..

Wish the folks who said "don't worry, it'll snow, it always does" were right.
    Bump 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    Holy fuck did I ever pick the wrong day
    What you think it would be like is vastly different to reality.

The AD summed it up.