Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Dunno if this got resolved for you, but theres nothing proper in the village AFAIK. Maybe in Function but at that point you're probably better off just WFH. There are places like 81 Meeting Place, but it's also a cafe so not a private work space. If you need to actually meet clients etc and can't do it at a coffee place there is also the Mountain Club. Kind of overlooked, it also gives you a parking space, ski locker, hot tub access for about 2K a year or 200ish a month if you just want winter. Its super nice, free coffee, generally very quiet and has closeable private meeting rooms. I did a bunch of consulting work for a retail store here and the owner had a membership there. 10/10 wish i could afford

https://gibbonswhistler.com/venues/m...-club-pricing/
    You missed the one time 10,000$ sign up fee.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Eeks. Must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Yikes no wonder it was so quiet in there always...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Eeks. Must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around.
    Just write it off, Jerry!

Was up at Rendezvous using the Ascent trail (decent little hike). Basically no snow up there. Maybe 6 inches. Was in Vans skate shoes that were still dry when i got down...
    That was prior to the rain/snow this morning so hopefully a little better now

pineapple, oh yeah! forecast is grim

I keep looking at the forecast and it's supposed to pour tomorrow with a high temp around 5 in the village. You'd think that would mean a shit ton of snow in the alpine, but seems like the snow level is still going to be high. WTF? I'm an optimist and hope it's going to be all snow above Roundhouse.

Looks like the warmup is later today and tonight, then temps dropping on Sunday, hopefully soon enough that the tail end of the precip goes back to snow higher up.

This is my favourite site for detailed weather across B.C.:

https://www.avalanche.ca/weather/forecast

You can claim expenses if your home is rental, But if you OWN the home and claim, it will be classed as a place of business - not your principal residence - and when you sell it, you cannot use the exemption from capital gains. So if the property rises in value. you pay a huge tax on that. That's why in BC's always rising market, homeowners don't claim home biz expenses. The clear profit at time of home sale hugely outweighs.

This is why the live/work form of housing development failed.

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar View Post
    You can claim expenses if your home is rental, But if you OWN the home and claim, it will be classed as a place of business - not your principal residence - and when you sell it, you cannot use the exemption from capital gains. So if the property rises in value. you pay a huge tax on that. That's why in BC's always rising market, homeowners don't claim home biz expenses. The clear profit at time of home sale hugely outweighs.

This is why the live/work form of housing development failed.
    Is that a recent change in Canada?

It’s always been that way for mortgage interest or trying to claim depreciation on the building/house.

Forecast is not great given it seems there’s little to nothing at the weather plots. At least if it gets cold they can blow snow for opening weekend.

time to start a petition to reopen the bike park?

Blackcomb cam looks especially grim.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Blackcomb cam looks especially grim.
    Yep when there are still truck tracks and not sled tracks around at this time of the year, some concern is necessary.

Definitely wouldn't say no to some bike park laps...

Having been to the front lines recently, I can report back that the cams at best tell an accurate story. They might even be flattering. The forecast for the next 10 days holds some promise but the proof will be in the pudding.

Cliff is spot on as usual. Clear and cold ish with chance of warm air aloft Monday through Saturday or Sunday at which point most models are showing snow that currently looks to be to the valley. amounts vary between models at 15-40 cm.
    https://spotwx.com/products/grib_ind...rica/Vancouver

Let's see what pans out. I refuse to be doom and gloom about my favorite season before it even gets going, tongue in check jokes aside.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Was up at Rendezvous using the Ascent trail (decent little hike). Basically no snow up there. Maybe 6 inches. Was in Vans skate shoes that were still dry when i got down...
    That was prior to the rain/snow this morning so hopefully a little better now
    Wait, you hiked up to Rendezvous in Vans skate shoes?

https://www.avalanche.ca/weather/forecast

None of you use avalanche.ca? Some of the best forecasts you’ll get, imo. Something to add to the info, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

it's another part of the toolbox, but spotwx is good for giving you a cross section of models to look at too

I like to use at least 3 different weather models. Call it democratic weather forecasting. to do that I use spotwx (gfs & gdps) windy (ecmwf & gfs) and then sometimes will also look to icon (Germans) or ukmet from a couple different pages. ensembles like gefs and geps can be really useful too when there's a lot of uncertainty.

Avcan is mostly pulling gdps and subsidiary rdps/hrdps data if I'm not mistaken. Their synopsis certainly makes for good reading to get a broad overview of the province's weather for the next 5/6 days.

I hadn't used it in the past. Ill keep it in the list.
    I use weather network, snow-forecast, windy & spot. If im doing some actual diggin its windy/spot. others for a quick fix when i dont have time.
    The weather network app with the radar can be really helpful for those times when you aren't sure if the storm is gonna push south or not.

Yep Vans high tops up the ascent trail. i have been meaning to get hiking shoes but i hate hiking so i havent.

They shoulda kept the bike park open another month.

The GFS is always such a dirty tease...I know better, but I also want to be optimistic!

On the plus side, im pulling my bike outta storage tomorrow. So it's either gonna nuke shortly or ill be having fun biking.