Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Heading to a conference at Whistler March 31 - April 6, I get a 7 day ticket with the gig but I'll need tix for the GF. Is there a better way to go than buying the Epic multi day card from their website? That works out to about $100 USD/day.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Heading to a conference at Whistler March 31 - April 6, I get a 7 day ticket with the gig but I'll need tix for the GF. Is there a better way to go than buying the Epic multi day card from their website? That works out to about $100 USD/day.
    That sounds like a pretty good price. Do anything to avoid window rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I was just stoked to nail down $125/day (CAD) for Ms. Paulster a couple weeks ago. Take it!!

6 skied like 15 -20

Any reports from blackcomb slack or resort today? I imagine most people avoided it like the plague today.

So crowded. Massive inbounds lines, Everyone shopping in village.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190216_123349.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	269951

Name:	20190216_104557_027_01.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	269952

Name:	20190216_123146.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	269953

yep heard good things from some of the boys. Looks like fun.

Acceptable. Spearhead range glacierskipping

Couple of laps on disease provide good snow with a fair bit of sluff racing

Name:	disease-sun01.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	270259

Hoping to dodge meetings this afternoon and get out again.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Couple of laps on disease provide good snow with a fair bit of sluff racing

Name:	disease-sun01.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	270259

Hoping to dodge meetings this afternoon and get out again.
    looks great! went for a morning walk up sproatt yesterday via rainbow trail, found excellent quality snow, bit variable in places. really enjoy it up there, cool terrain, pretty easy access.

Couloir wandering

Any insight on the next ten days weather? Trying to decide what skis to set up - Billy Goats or Kartel 108s or both.

First ski day is this Friday, seems to be light snow and last day is next Wednesday.

been looking at the usual sources - https://spotwx.com/products/grib_ind...rica/Vancouver so right now thinking just Billy Goats.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    Any insight on the next ten days weather? Trying to decide what skis to set up - Billy Goats or Kartel 108s or both.

First ski day is this Friday, seems to be light snow and last day is next Wednesday.

been looking at the usual sources - https://spotwx.com/products/grib_ind...rica/Vancouver so right now thinking just Billy Goats.
    It's staying cold. There's so much elevation such big temperature swings you want skis that can handle lots of variables.

I don't bother posting condition reports to TGR anymore as its pretty dead so it's all on avalanche Canada MIN Mountain information network. Wayne Flann's blog also accumulates obs

...Trying to decide what skis to set up - Billy Goats or Kartel 108s or both...
    I would bring both. Twice the fun.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    It's staying cold. There's so much elevation such big temperature swings you want skis that can handle lots of variables.

I don't bother posting condition reports to TGR anymore as its pretty dead so it's all on avalanche Canada MIN Mountain information network. Wayne Flann's blog also accumulates obs
    that why I am leaning towards the Kartels only, seems light snow Friday then Dry through Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I would bring both. Twice the fun.

tempting as took both last 2 years but with the forecast I might only need the 108s for the week.

Got till this afternoon to make the decision as will need to prep them and get packed.

that why I am leaning towards the Kartels only, seems light snow Friday then Dry through Monday!

tempting as took both last 2 years but with the forecast I might only need the 108s for the week.

Got till this afternoon to make the decision as will need to prep them and get packed.

You are not going to need the Billy Goats if you are just skiing inbounds. The last couple weeks I've been skiing W/B on a 106 underfoot and wishing I had a narrower ski. It is hard packed throughout the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan5 View Post
    You are not going to need the Billy Goats if you are just skiing inbounds. The last couple weeks I've been skiing W/B on a 106 underfoot and wishing I had a narrower ski. It is hard packed throughout the mountain.
    thanks,

just about to wax and edge both pairs, I am now leaning towards taking the Kartels.

can do bumps on the Kartels and not so good in POW vs no bumps on the bIlly Goats and much better in the fresh snow forecast on Friday, seems on the weather patterns something coming in for Tuesday and Wednesday my last two days.

thanks,

just about to wax and edge both pairs, I am now leaning towards taking the Kartels.

can do bumps on the Kartels and not so good in POW vs no bumps on the bIlly Goats and much better in the fresh snow forecast on Friday, seems on the weather patterns something coming in for Tuesday and Wednesday my last two days.
    When I see there is 5-10cm forecast, I grab my K2 Marksman (106 underfoot). When I see +30cm, I grab my powder skis, but YMMV. Many would consider a 108mm ski to be a full-blown powder ski. Have a good time.

and some of us run 117's as daily drivers! but yeah, forecast is slim, and it'll be slim on hard base, so, you know....

Anybody looking to do some touring if conditions allow March 11-16. Thinking spearhead or giribaldi neve...

https://trib.al/hqeaqAz

Lakeside Bowl PC fatality

that's pretty shitty, also a good reminder of why PC's are PC's.

wonder what they were trying to ski, assuming they came in from out of bounds and maybe thought they were skiing DOA? was at whistler about a week ago and looked up at those slopes while traversing into lakeside, definitely not somewhere you'd want to go for a ride even in a size 1

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_skier View Post
    wonder what they were trying to ski, assuming they came in from out of bounds and maybe thought they were skiing DOA? was at whistler about a week ago and looked up at those slopes while traversing into lakeside, definitely not somewhere you'd want to go for a ride even in a size 1
    It's a rock strewn ridgeline coming off that hike then dropping into Lakeside. There's innumerable steep shots before one even gets to DOA. Whatever it was turned out to be a horrifying mistake. RIP

Sad day, RIP and thoughts to family and patrol/SAR involved in the recovery/rescue, it sounds like they had to rescue the other member of the party via long line? From Wayne's blog today it looks like they could've come down the ridge from Ladies Only. No idea if they meant to be there or knew what they were doing. You can also see other old tracks coming down the gut of that PC which seems like a dumb place to ski for multiple reasons and of course now people see those tracks and try to get into that area. There are definitely PC signlines on top of Ladies First (edit: bike trail brain confusion) and I think on Blackcomb peak as well re: Satisfaction etc. At least tracks in that area aren't quite as visible and usually put down after hours by people that know what they are doing.
    Last edited by gramboh; 02-22-2019 at 11:59 PM.