Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    sorry to interrupt the great stoke from the photos above and my condolences to the deceased, what would you advise 3 old dudes to do for transport from YVR at 930 PM this Thursday to whistler? looking for path of least resistance i.e. best case scenario straight shot pick up and delivery. TKS.
    If you can book with whistlershuttle/ride booker they do airport to whatever your accommodation is. Others do airport to bus stop in the middle of the village, or downtown Vancouver to a bus stop in the village. Didn't mention looking for cheap so private limo, cab or chauffeur would be good too.

Avis also does (or did) one-way rentals between YVR and Whistler

I'd rent a car. Got to be cheaper than something like a cab even with parking in Whis. If where you're staying includes a free parking spot it's a no-brainer.

Heading out from Maine on Saturday for a week, what's the real world take on conditions for lift riders? Trying to decide on what ski/s to bring, looks like the Lotus 120's will stay home.

Looks like spring/park skis. Chance another storm might roll through next week, so keep checking models/forecasts through the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Looks like spring/park skis. Chance another storm might roll through next week, so keep checking models/forecasts through the end of the week.
    Thx

Wayne Flann best resource?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Thx

Wayne Flann best resource?
    and the long range models on spotwx

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    and the long range models on spotwx
    snow-forecast is decent if you have a membership too. 12 days now. Also bear mind that in April the mid mountain forecast can say rain but the alpine can be getting nuked, even more so in the backcountyr where the peaks are often 1000 feet higher than the chairs. Alpine chairs only April is pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    snow-forecast is decent if you have a membership too. 12 days now. Also bear mind that in April the mid mountain forecast can say rain but the alpine can be getting nuked, even more so in the backcountyr where the peaks are often 1000 feet higher than the chairs. Alpine chairs only April is pretty common.
    isn't snow-forecast just the GFS model?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post

Also seeing news of a fatality on Decker yesterday? Anyone know what happened? RIP to the individual.
    https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/252...in-backcountry
    Obviously super sad. Condolences. I saw the aftermath on my way back inbounds on sat. Lots of peolpe standing around scene at about mid slope on Decker main. helicopter circling. Seemed odd and a lack of urgency. Makes sense now. No evidence of an avalanche. I guess he just fell somehow and died of his injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Seems like a lot of people have given up on skiing.
    Seems that way. Grumpy too. Some dude yelled at me for side stepping up spankies, instead of boot packing. Highlight of my day for sure.

Whistler conditions 18-19

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Seems that way. Grumpy too. Some dude yelled at me for side stepping up spankies, instead of boot packing. Highlight of my day for sure.
    Hahaha wtf? That’s a new one.

How was it today? Hearing it skied like more than 8cm. Debating touring off Blackcomb this weekend instead of bikes.

Spanky's seems to have a lot of rules lately. Went around someone who needed to stop for a rest (like WTF it's 30 steps) and I'm pretty sure I got heckled (I think they shouted something at me - I wasn't really paying attention). This was on a sun shiny day with zero fresh to be had.

Seems like the forecast is trending toward a drier solution now. A couple days ago it looked like there could be some snow early next week, now not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Hahaha wtf? That’s a new one.

How was it today? Hearing it skied like more than 8cm. Debating touring off Blackcomb this weekend instead of bikes.
    It skied like 8cm. I’d tour fir sure this weekend. We can bike for the next 8 months

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    isn't snow-forecast just the GFS model?
    i dont know what that is. I dont take the numbers seriously, but its nice to see whether precip is expected a long way out. Used it quite a bit this year with work planning...

yr.no for front timing. not good for wind.

same thing happened to me last week , the boot pack was frozen and as sketchy has hell round the small rock before the steepening , side stepping on the low side was faster and safer , got loads of abuse , funny thing was I was following an extremely Canadian coach who advised me to do it , no one said anything to him

Which extremely canadian coach did you have? I did a day with them a few weeks ago.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Does the lower section of Excalibur run during apres? I'll be up in a couple days and the place I'm staying at has a parking pass for the Fairmont, but I'm wondering how easy it will be to hit apres in the Village and then return to Blackcomb base without walking the whole way while carrying skis.

Ski blackcomb, apres at handlebar, stumble home. Gondola runs til the tube park closes so it’s an option, much faster to just walk unless you have kids. Even from excal to the Fairmont is a decent enough push across the flats before going downhill again

I suppose there's the bus, too...

I'm taking a friend who has never skied Whistler before, so definitely want to hit the Village for apres at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Does the lower section of Excalibur run during apres? I'll be up in a couple days and the place I'm staying at has a parking pass for the Fairmont, but I'm wondering how easy it will be to hit apres in the Village and then return to Blackcomb base without walking the whole way while carrying skis.
    It runs later. I think maybe 6:30pm is last chair for the lower segment only, but not sure about that exact time, so just ask the lifties there in advance for the exact time. ...Or just figure it out yourself by hitting refresh tonight around 6:30pm to see when the lift status changes at https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/th...ft-status.aspx

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Which extremely canadian coach did you have? I did a day with them a few weeks ago.
    gus , clarky and chad over two weekends , moved my skiing to next level , great times

Whistler conditions 18-19

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    It runs later. I think maybe 6:30pm is last chair for the lower segment only, but not sure about that exact time, so just ask the lifties there in advance for the exact time. ...Or just figure it out yourself by hitting refresh tonight around 6:30pm to see when the lift status changes at https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/th...ft-status.aspx.
    Hit up the Handlebar at the base of Blackcomb for craft beers and cheap eats. Or go get ripped off for 10$ beers in the vill... http://handlebar.beer/
    Just fucking point it and shut up