Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    What's Open posted for opening day:
    https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/th...hats-open.aspx

Welp. At least both mountains will be opening. Too bad that Heli bump prize only goes to the roundhouse tho.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...media=AMP+HTML

TODAY'S FORECAST
    -16°C
    Mainly sunny.

LIVE - WHISTLER PEAK - 7160FT/2182M
    -18.3°C -0°F
    Moderate wind 29.6 km/h
    Max wind speed: 55.4 km/h
    Direction: N

Brrrrrrr.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

hahaha, WB twitter saying Blackcomb Gondy already "delayed opening, stay tuned for updates"...that lift....

Anyone go up today? At least it looks pretty.

I'll be up tomorrow. Not expecting much, but should be fun to shake off the cobwebs.

Yes I went up, few runs on each hill. Don't expect much, and dress warm!

Went up W.

Ego Bowl (?) on Green chair is not that wide with snow coverage and has some icy spots and/or ice balls in a couple places, and snow guns blasting everywhere. Kind of hard to see and dodge the beginners.

Upper Whiskeyjack > Orange Peel down to Red is much better coverage, more consistent manmade snow, and less guns blowing.

Not busy on the lifts at all for the first couple hours but that still overloaded the runs that were open. But that is just my feeling coming from a place with no crowds.

So cold out there. North wind blowing up the hill mostly. Frozen toes by 10:30 so left after 7 runs.

Great to be back on snow and probably will be back at it most days . But scary how little snow is actually is at Roundhouse and below. Like basically frosty rocks for most of it.

WB website saying $149CAD for a lift ticket right now? Kinda hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    WB website saying $149CAD for a lift ticket right now? Kinda hilarious.
    You're buying an experience, not a lift ticket.

149 inc. complimentary base grind

Whistler conditions 18-19

Checked out Blackcomb today. Rolled up to almost empty base 2 at crack of 11. Banged off a few groomers. The 2 man made pow turns were epic. Off piste has essentially no snow. Not sure I’ll tour. Thinking alpine trail running makes more sense.

Whistler today. Lesser of two evils I’d say. Slightly less icy but more crowded.

Saw a dude on a bike and shorts trying to get his bike into the gondola for a Micro Climate lap...

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Whistler today. Lesser of two evils I’d say. Slightly less icy but more crowded.

Saw a dude on a bike and shorts trying to get his bike into the gondola for a Micro Climate lap...
    Got my epic pass ready to bike or ski!

out from uk on Friday , hope to bring some snow with me !!! forecast looking hopeful ............??????

It was snowing pretty good up high this afternoon. Cold too. Hopefully this week delivers..

I skied Saturday and Sunday. At least coverage is good on the few runs that are open. I never had to wait for a lift at all. I will say that at least you can get a decent length run by skiing from the Rendezvous down to Excelerator or to the gondola mid-station. Shocking lack of snow in areas where there's been no snowmaking, even up high.

Here are a couple photos to give an idea. Looks like there should be snow every day this week, but I'd say at least a meter is needed before things get decent.

View from the Umbrella Bar. Notice the guns blasting away to give ski-out access on Blackcomb ASAP.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191201_101852785_HDR.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	304483

There were actually tracks down Shale Slope. I have a feeling that coverage is awfully thin. Whistler Bowl filled in, too, but again probably deceptive.

Name:	IMG_20191130_092952572.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	304484

Creekside Gondola. Just grim looking...

Name:	IMG_20191201_104507904_HDR.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	304485

^ That's worthy of a new thread. hah.

Forecast gone to shit again, I really shouldn’t look at it. I reckon bike season is going to get extended at least another couple of weeks

Buddies hit the couloir on blackcomb the other day. apparently fun and worth the hassle. Gonna poke around tomorrow.
    Models are all over the place. Flip flopping everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Models are all over the place. Flip flopping everywhere.
    The only thing we can rely on is the annual January drought. We’ve got 29 days to form a base.

I might bust out the touring gear tomorrow if the weather looks to crack. See what’s up up high.

In other news, anyone else try the Epic EMMA digital assistant thingy? Funny how every time I ask ‘her’ for a snow report she includes a link to other epic resort conditions. I wonder if it’s default or related to our current conditions.
    Last edited by xyz; 12-02-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    In other news, anyone else try the Epic EMMA digital assistant thingy? Funny how every time I ask ‘her’ for a snow report she includes a link to other epic resort conditions. I wonder if it’s default or related to our current conditions.
    I haven't, but my current gripe with Epic Mix is that it only seems to have recorded the times I rode green chair and Jersey, maybe Catskinner, too. Nothing else. I shouldn't even bother to look at the stats on there, but it's one of those things it's there so you look at it...

That EpicMix app is atrociously ugly and horrible UI, surprised they haven’t improved it. The old WB app (which was outdated UI but at least functional) is better and that came out in what 2012-13ish? It still kinda works.

Those pics, especially Creekside, is depressing. Forecast not great either in terms of total snowfall. Moar biking I guess. Sucks for people flying in to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    ^ That's worthy of a new thread. hah.
    nah

We are still on the 18-19 thread cause the winter of 19-20 hasn't started yet.

I'm gonna burn some skis today, Ullr needs a sacrifice
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    I'm gonna burn some skis today, Ullr needs a sacrifice
    I’m going reverse psychology on this bitch and doubling down. It seemed to work last year. Everyone load up on new ski gear. I think if we all blow 700$ on skis or boots it’ll start puking. Who’s with me?!

I figured by getting an epic pass this year that it would definitely start dumping non stop here...