Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Get off the mid-mountain groomers with the red ones...(just kidding!)
    Last edited by steved; 10-28-2018 at 01:25 PM.

That phrase only brings Dynastar Legends to mind... but that was 10 years ago. I'm late to the party, what are these oft cited red ones you maggots speak of with such esteem?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I still have some skinny shit in the garage from about 20 or so years ago, if you pay for shipping Iíll send something out.
    if he doesn't take you up on it, I prolly will. I've been trying to get back into skiing for a few seasons now after snowboarding exclusively since the early 90's. Invested in some legit Tecnica TNTs and some solly 180s cr johnsons and decent tyrolia bindings. the 180s feel too short. I'm used to skinny 200cm slaloms and 207 GS. was big into K2/ marker back in the day. Gold (not white)Dynastar course SLs and Lange Tii boots on proform. Let me know what you could part with, PB. Thanks
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    if he doesn't take you up on it, I prolly will. I've been trying to get back into skiing for a few seasons now after snowboarding exclusively since the early 90's. Invested in some legit Tecnica TNTs and some solly 180s cr johnsons and decent tyrolia bindings. the 180s feel too short. I'm used to skinny 200cm slaloms and 207 GS. was big into K2/ marker back in the day. Gold (not white)Dynastar course SLs and Lange Tii boots on proform. Let me know what you could part with, PB. Thanks

It's all you-- I sold my 200cm Kastles in 2008 for Gotamas and haven't looked back.

Most people who ski as well as arewolf call themselves "expert" without hesitation. He's just unusually humble about his skiing ability.

I'd get whatever 85ish waisted ski that you can get a good deal on (but not one of those shitty light, carbon fiber for no fucking reason all mountain skis that have become popular). Old Bushwackers were great in bumps and carved well. A bit soft for chop but that doesn't really exist on the east coast. Brahmas have a higher top end but are less fun in bumps. The Fischer Motives mentioned above are very nice skis, somewhere in between the two Blizzards, and were available cheap last I checked. Head Monsters will haul ass but demand more attention. Kendos are plentiful and competent but kind of boring. MX 88s are awesome but $$$$$. I'd guess the ON3P' are most like the Monsters? If you can find a pair of th old Nordica Hell'N Backs on ebay that would be an excellent cheap option. A little wider but have a great combination of quickness and stability. For EC skiing I never liked the burliest skis. You often need to turn a lot out your way. But that's pretty personal.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Skis have evolved just like snowboards

Try a blizzard Brahma. Great all mountain ec ski. Stiff charger but playful fun if you have can drive it. Very popular in steaux etc.
    180 is enough for ec. You could go longer, but then bumps suck more. Out west, longer is better.
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Most people who ski as well as arewolf call themselves "expert" without hesitation. He's just unusually humble about his skiing ability.

I'd get whatever 85ish waisted ski that you can get a good deal on (but not one of those shitty light, carbon fiber for no fucking reason all mountain skis that have become popular). Old Bushwackers were great in bumps and carved well. A bit soft for chop but that doesn't really exist on the east coast. Brahmas have a higher top end but are less fun in bumps. The Fischer Motives mentioned above are very nice skis, somewhere in between the two Blizzards, and were available cheap last I checked. Head Monsters will haul ass but demand more attention. Kendos are plentiful and competent but kind of boring. MX 88s are awesome but $$$$$. I'd guess the ON3P' are most like the Monsters? If you can find a pair of th old Nordica Hell'N Backs on ebay that would be an excellent cheap option. A little wider but have a great combination of quickness and stability. For EC skiing I never liked the burliest skis. You often need to turn a lot out your way. But that's pretty personal.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thanks dude. Yes, looking for turny and playful. Not park-playful, but forgiving-playful like a Rossi S3 (not that those things are necessarily mutually exclusive). The S3 is an amazing ski but I know there are better things out there since it's basically 2019 at this point. For groomers on potentially shitty EC days when I'm skiing with kids from my school I'm sure any ski you've mentioned here will nicely supplant the S3s.

The sad-but-fun reality is that my quiver is due up for a makeover. Probably 85-99mm boards for purposes mentioned above, an everyday set of rippers like the MVP, and fatties for snow days when I'll shamelessly and ecstatically still run ARGs as long as they're waxed.

If the new Buschwacker is similar to the old one, I bet you'd love it. It was definitely cut from the Public Enemy, S3 cloth. But better. Other skis I mentioned are little more business, but not as effortless in bumps or noodling around in trees. Nordica Enforcer 93's or the old Soul Riders might work too. The Enforcers are marketed as chargers, but they're not. I think the new Soul Riders might be more park focused

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    If the new Buschwacker is similar to the old one, I bet you'd love it. It was definitely cut from the Public Enemy, S3 cloth. But better. Other skis I mentioned are little more business, but not as effortless in bumps or noodling around in trees. Nordica Enforcer 93's or the old Soul Riders might work too. The Enforcers are marketed as chargers, but they're not. I think the new Soul Riders might be more park focused
    This gives me tons to look into -- thanks Ben.

Enforcer 93 and supernatural 92 both rip in exactly what you are describing

Quote Originally Posted by .squirrely. View Post
    supernatural 92 both rip in exactly what you are describing
    That makes sense. Haven't skied on Lines since the Prophet 90's/100's.

Blazzzard Barhama. Great on hardpark while still being extreamely capable in all conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Blazzzard Barhama. Great on hardpark while still being extreamely capable in all conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Skis have evolved just like snowboards

Try a blizzard Brahma. Great all mountain ec ski. Stiff charger but playful fun if you have can drive it. Very popular in steaux etc.
    180 is enough for ec. You could go longer, but then bumps suck more. Out west, longer is better.
    Cool, hearing a lot of good things about these now that I'm reading up. Thanks.

Best skis 4 east coast

Good info in here. Iím looking for this exact type of ski for when itís been a few days or more since the last snow.

180 Dynastar x88 is my recommendation. Rails when you want it to, but handles off piste terrain better than the other skis in its class. Not as dead feeling as the head or blizzards either.

K2 Pinnacle 88

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

The Blizzard Brahma is probably one of the most underrated skis today. Check it out. I spent a bunch of time on the 180cm ripping around at home and if I moved back east or to Colorado Iíd grab them right away. Hell, I want to grab a pair now

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    ^^this. I have a Fischer motive 86ti for this purpose
    Or their successor, Fischer Pro Mountain 86 Ti. Don't go too short, they have some tip rocker. I'm barely 6' and I suck and I ski on the 182s.

Only read this page, but check out some of the J skis being made in Quebec. Metal in them which I like in an all mountain EC ski and heard good things about what they are putting out.

Agree w/everyone saying Brahma. I have a pair for low tide and/or early season in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Only read this page, but check out some of the J skis being made in Quebec. Metal in them which I like in an all mountain EC ski and heard good things about what they are putting out.
    The main reviewer at Blister, Jonathan, listed the J skis 186 Masterblaster as his #1 choice for a one-ski-quiver. Definitely on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Agree w/everyone saying Brahma. I have a pair for low tide and/or early season in CO.
    Brahmas and Enforcer 93s sound awesome for EC hardpack days (shudder.... my reality at this point if I'm going to ride lifts more than 6 days a year).

Rossi Soul 7 or Sin 7, Enforcer 100, Praxis MVP on my radar to replace the S3s -- Still not sure if I'm going to pick up one or two pairs of skis this fall. There are tons of skis to look through as I haven't been serious about skiing in a couple years. Making a list that will probably top out at 20 to 25 sets of boards and pare down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by arewolfe View Post
    The main reviewer at Blister, Jonathan, listed the J skis 186 Masterblaster as his #1 choice for a one-ski-quiver. Definitely on my radar.

Brahmas and Enforcer 93s sound awesome for EC hardpack days (shudder.... my reality at this point if I'm going to ride lifts more than 6 days a year).

Rossi Soul 7 or Sin 7, Enforcer 100, Praxis MVP on my radar to replace the S3s -- Still not sure if I'm going to pick up one or two pairs of skis this fall. There are tons of skis to look through as I haven't been serious about skiing in a couple years. Making a list that will probably top out at 20 to 25 sets of boards and pare down from there.
    Iím pretty sure everyoneís messing with you about the Soul and Sin 7. They are, in my opinion, not close to the same class as the others.

If you want to go the route of a one ski quiver, check out the Blizzard Bonafide too. Itís a pretty darn good all around ski. I skied it for a couple years and really enjoyed it. A lot of other skis are better at different aspects, carving, powder, crud, trees, but the Bonafide is pretty good at all everything.

Another vote for Brahma

When I was out east for 4 years I paired the Brahma 180 with a 108-110 waisted ski for when it got softer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Alright. Thanks for the votes. Brahma it shall be for my hard snow ski that I donít NEED. Anybody holding 180 cm? Any generation, multiple mounts ok. PM me if holding.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    The Blizzard Brahma is probably one of the most underrated skis today.
    How can a ski be underrated when it's widely well reviewed, recognized by most people as an excellent ski, highly recommended, and sells very well?