Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    How can a ski be underrated when it's widely well reviewed, recognized by most people as an excellent ski, highly recommended, and sells very well?
    I think they meant on TGR. Unless its coming from an indie mfgr, every mass produced ski is, by it's very existence, underrated here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Are you located on the EC? I've been browsing Corbett's (outside of Toronto) this morning for you, because I'm great at spending other people's money:

Dynastar X88: https://www.corbetts.com/2018-dynast...-b90-bindings/
    K2 84Ti: https://www.corbetts.com/2018-k2-iko...c-12-bindings/
    Head Monster 88: https://www.corbetts.com/2018-head-monster-88-skis/
    Head Monster 83ti: https://www.corbetts.com/2018-head-m...95mm-bindings/

All come with bindings, and prices are in Canadian Tire Money.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Terms to Know When Buying Skis - Outsidehttps://apple.news/AsN3Rj1xvSiSV4zevLO7rGg
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

https://www.pugski.com/threads/2016-...0/#post-279055

these would be good.

I like them better everywhere compared to my 180 Cm brahma except powder, but its not like I ski my brahmas in powder anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by arewolfe View Post
    Brahmas sound amazing, but I like to ski bumps sometimes and at 150 lbs. I imagine those skis aren't going to make it super intuitive for me.
    In the Blister Guide they spoke highly of the Folsom Spar as a slightly toned down Brahma that is solid in bumps.

Might be worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you want a toned down Brahma, just get the toned down Brahma. It's called the Brahma CA.

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    If you want a toned down Brahma, just get the toned down Brahma. It's called the Brahma CA.
    Didn't know that existed. Looks like new Bushwacker is just a renamed Brahma CA.

$420 new: https://www.coloradoskishop.com/Bliz...shoppingengine

Damn, thank you guys for real.

Lots of solid help here, especially Snoqpass's link to Outside Magazine's "Terms To Know When Buying Skis" -- I can definitely sense a newfound pep in my step after reading this article. Can't pull the wool over my eyes now! Shady ski salesmen of the world.

Anyone have any time on armada invictus ti 89? Really curious about this ski. Not much info out there. Little there is, is quite contradictory. Some say it’s a stiff charger, blister says it has a really soft tip. I have way too many wide skis and want something narrow and modern. My current skinny ski is a stockli dp pro.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Since there is an unanimous vote for "the red ones" --

I have had the Black Crows Camox for 2 seasons now and i think they tick all of your boxes (turny / playful / groomers / hold edge on ice)

97 underfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    https://www.pugski.com/threads/2016-...0/#post-279055

these would be good.

I like them better everywhere compared to my 180 Cm brahma except powder, but its not like I ski my brahmas in powder anyway....
    Thanks dude. I ended up grabbing those. Price made it a no-brainer, and he paid shipping and included a full tune. Now I can afford to start looking at a new pair of slarvers.

yeah they arent slarvers the Monster 83 charger when need but I teach a ton of lessons on them as well .

The enforcers 100 are actually a fantastic powder ski mounted -2 from the line. The 93 are actually better than you would think in powder as well and if not in thin cover are honestly ok. Main reason why I pick the 100 on day is just they float really well and lessen the chance of hitting stuff under fresh powder.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I’m pretty sure everyone’s messing with you about the Soul and Sin 7. They are, in my opinion, not close to the same class as the others.

If you want to go the route of a one ski quiver, check out the Blizzard Bonafide too. It’s a pretty darn good all around ski. I skied it for a couple years and really enjoyed it. A lot of other skis are better at different aspects, carving, powder, crud, trees, but the Bonafide is pretty good at all everything.
    what's wrong with the sin 7's? are they not the successor to the S3's?

i'm looking to replace a 2010 pair of beat to shit S3's, i found them to be the perfect east coast ski for me since i spend all my time in the trees. they turn on a literal dime, super pivoty. what would be good to replace them? i don't want a one ski quiver, i just want a tree/pow ski.

i have a pair of rossi hero's for skiing on groomers, with my kids, wife, icey days, etc.. everyone shits on carving skis on here but man, they make groomers and ice 10x more fun.. my days of trying to find one ski to do it all are definitely over

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Stockli Laser SC

Look into it
    I like the AX more, but yeah.
    crab in my shoe mouth

For classic East Coast days, I'd grab any ski in the Head Super Shape series. . . Lots of good "hard snow" skis out on the market these days . . . The Blizzard Brahma, Nordica Enforcer 93 would be good every day skis. Jskis Masterblaster might be the best one ski quiver for the EC

My current EC setup is 180 Brahma and 186 Kartel 108.

If I had to pick one ski for everything it would be a 185 Enforcer 100. That ski is so damn smooth, agile and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post

If I had to pick one ski for everything it would be a 185 Enforcer 100. That ski is so damn smooth, agile and fun.

+1 for the Enforcer

Along those lines, my daily driver on the EC is the Bonafide 180 (stiff crud buster)

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Stockli Laser SC

Look into it
    I never should have demoed a pair. Incredible skis. But also $1500.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastgroomers View Post
    +1 for the Enforcer

Along those lines, my daily driver on the EC is the Bonafide 180 (stiff crud buster)
    Also agree with the Enforcer, that ski is a lot of fun. Bonafide for me was a much better crud buster and had better grip but not quite as fun all around.

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    For classic East Coast days, I'd grab any ski in the Head Super Shape series. . . Lots of good "hard snow" skis out on the market these days . . . The Blizzard Brahma, Nordica Enforcer 93 would be good every day skis. Jskis Masterblaster might be the best one ski quiver for the EC
    I really like the Masterblaster as a low tide ski. They're a bit looser than most of the other ones on that list which, depending on what you're doing on hard snow, can be a big advantage or disadvantage.

My short list for if/when those brake is the Moment Commander 98, some purportedly forthcoming metal wrens and a semi-custom PB&Metal from moment. It would be nice if the masterblasters were a bit more directional/chargier which is what motivates the list but otherwise really like the maneuverability.

nothing on the sin 7? its weird that it seems like no one on here tried the ski? especially considering how beloved the S3 was

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post

How's the Kartel as a daily on the east coast? On my list...

Best skis 4 east coast

Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    How's the Kartel as a daily on the east coast? On my list...
    I really enjoy it. The rocker helps in the brushy trees. And when your hauling ass and don’t know when your going to hit a patch of manmade snow. They hold an edge pretty well but on super icy conditions your sliding turns, as with any ski in this class. The bamboo dampness helps deaden the east coast variable.

Last edited by slowroastin; 12-11-2018 at 06:59 PM.