Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Live on NBC app and replays showing up the next day.

I know now where you won’t catch the World Cup in person; the Pacific Northwest. Anyone have a logical answer as to why the WC never comes to BC, WA, or OR?

Been waiting patiently for the tour to go back across the pond before contributing to this thread.
    For years, complete footage has been available on the Tube for most every stop in euroland.
    This seasons channel appears to be live finally (never the same channel year to year).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe-...6AiXoFw/videos

Races update regularly it seems, with only a few days delay most of the time.
    Worth the wait for full coverage and the price is right.
    Check that link each week if it interests you, it should update all season.
    British hosts are great and they go absolutely nuts if David Ryding is doing well, funny shit.

Nice thing is they show complete events, like this:

or this:

/rant on
    Fuck NBC and all the US cable executives. This is what ski race coverage looks like. Not that watered down, special interest shit you try to pass off as coverage of Olympic Sports. We don't want to watch 12 minutes of skiing and 48 minutes of SHIT every hour.
    SHOW EVERY FUCKING COMPETITOR, DICKHEADS!
    /rant off
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

Why do they run downhill races from fastest to slowest racer? It makes it so much less interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Why do they run downhill races from fastest to slowest racer? It makes it so much less interesting to watch.
    Every race is based on seed points. They used to seed the top DH ers 16-22 because usually the course speeds up just a bit as the line is set, but mostly a clean course will be smoother so its a real advantage going early.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Every race is based on seed points. They used to seed the top DH ers 16-22 because usually the course speeds up just a bit as the line is set, but mostly a clean course will be smoother so its a real advantage going early.
    Which makes sense, sort of. Except it'd be a way more interesting race if it wasn't basically wrapped up after the first 10 racers go down. And having the fast guys go last on a shittier course would act as a bit of an equalizer, but instead it means that the possibility of a lower ranked racer having a spectacular race is really, really small.

I dunno. Just looking at this as a guy that appreciates the sport but doesn't watch much racing, the format of the race makes it a lot less interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Which makes sense, sort of. Except it'd be a way more interesting race if it wasn't basically wrapped up after the first 10 racers go down. And having the fast guys go last on a shittier course would act as a bit of an equalizer, but instead it means that the possibility of a lower ranked racer having a spectacular race is really, really small.

I dunno. Just looking at this as a guy that appreciates the sport but doesn't watch much racing, the format of the race makes it a lot less interesting to me.
    Slalom has you covered for the slower tighter TV friendly format. In the end you have the top racers in the world risking their asses hauling ass at 80 mph on the speed courses. They earn the right to go first couch surfers be damned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah both the tech events with the 2 run format do a flip 30 on the second run based on first run time, first run is still by seed.

And is DH mtb much different? I don't know how they do the start draw but really it's just like 5-10 guys really racing to win. I like both.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Slalom has you covered for the slower tighter TV friendly format. In the end you have the top racers in the world risking their asses hauling ass at 80 mph on the speed courses. They earn the right to go first couch surfers be damned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It's not really just the TV format though. We were at Lake Louise and watched the racing live. After the first ~20 racers, a lot of the crowd had wandered off, which is kind of lame.

I watch a lot of mountain bike world cup DH. The fastest qualifier runs last. So the fastest guy is risking his ass hauling ass on the worst, most torn up track conditions. The fast guys still come out on top, and the race is waaay more fun to watch. You'll have 20 different guys occupy the hot seat at some point during the race, instead of maybe 3 or 4 in skiing.

Maybe the US cable executives would be more into covering ski racing if the format didn't make it inherently less interesting to the average viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Poacher View Post
    Been waiting patiently for the tour to go back across the pond before contributing to this thread.
    For years, complete footage has been available on the Tube for most every stop in euroland.
    This seasons channel appears to be live finally (never the same channel year to year).

British hosts are great and they go absolutely nuts if David Ryding is doing well, funny shit.

or this:

/rant on
    Fuck NBC and all the US cable executives. This is what ski race coverage looks like. Not that watered down, special interest shit you try to pass off as coverage of Olympic Sports. We don't want to watch 12 minutes of skiing and 48 minutes of SHIT every hour.
    /rant off
    Great stuff, i am super psyched.
    Anyone see the 1st training run results at Val Gardena? 4 american in top 10
    Ganong won. Only a training run, but still. Johno must have had a talk with them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	val gardena.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	380.5 KB 
ID:	259808

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Poacher View Post

or this:

/rant on
    /rant off
    any idea what is going on with this guys channel? Seems that ski racing has been taken down. only cycling? Really wanted to see Bormio and then the city sl?

We watch (and pre-record to the cloud) on Youtube TV. My brother is paying for it and the subscription includes logins for other family members. We don't have a TV so this is a nice little addition to the Netflix/Prime suite.

We get 30-40+ channels, live, and with the ability to record seamlessly. We only use it to watch ski racing, and it's been pretty great so far, besides the delay for races being broadcast after it happens.