Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I don't know if they save a ton of space, they might, but it organizes shit better. You don't have to pull out everything to find a pair of socks, creating a mess. Amazon basics are cheap, worth it to see what I mean.

First 4 minutes sums it up, then the rest should go in the wife thread.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    But they beat you and got on the plane early, so they won at boarding.
    Yay, they got to sit on the plane even longer!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Anyone here use packing cubes? Do they actually save any space?
    Oh, I don't know, adding something usually doesn't subtract something.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Oh, I don't know, adding something usually doesn't subtract something.
    I bought a set of Eagle Creek... seems to fit my style of packing, and I really like the one that keeps my dress shirts nicely folded.
    Just got back from work trip and implemented about .005% of all the above advice and felt like I was crushing it the entire three days!

Yes and no. If I am going to be moving around a lot, opening and closing the bag, getting something out for a specific activity then yes to cubes. But if I am going to be in just one place for a while or limited on space then no.
    I usually at least have a bag or designated pocket to keep dirty clothes separate from clean clothes.
    Similar to packing my backpack for back country adventure. If I have the space, not pulling out a couple bags vs every individual item to get at the bottom is nice.

- I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Yeah, I said unless you are watching movies which I don't, I watch movies on the seatback screens. Or I read the NYT on my phone, I just refresh the app before we take off and all the articles are downloaded. If the hotspot is draining yer phone off the plane, you can switch to a airport network as needed. I've never had to. My point is I never need to recharge my phone or laptop on travel days, nor deal with hotel internet fees, and so can others, it makes travel easier and that's what the OP is asking about.
    I bought an external battery which holds about 2 1/2 times the charge of a normal phone for <15$
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Not sure that would help. The outlets are literally so low that I can't get them into my line of vision.
    Sometimes, I take a picture with my camera to at least be able to tell which way the outlet is oriented (is the ground hole on top or on bottom?). It helps a bit.

The next person sitting next to me that wakes me up to ask if I want fucking pretzels is getting back handed.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I love packing cubes, but not for space saving. When I'm traveling for long periods, they let me compartmentalize stuff and pull things in and out of my suitcase quickly without it turning into a giant jumble. For an overnight it doesn't matter, but for any longer when I have multiple shirts/socks/underwear I find them really helpful.

The seat cushions have remarkable flatulent absorption properties. After you cut one wait at least 10 minutes before you shift in your seat or get up. The stank will woft out. Usually by then you have forgotten it was you that farted and when you get a whiff you assume it was the elderly man in the row ahead of you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    The next person sitting next to me that wakes me up to ask if I want fucking pretzels is getting back handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    He ruined it for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I don't know if they save a ton of space, they might, but it organizes shit better. You don't have to pull out everything to find a pair of socks, creating a mess. Amazon basics are cheap, worth it to see what I mean.
    No, now you have to pull out all the cubes and open each one to find your socks, which of course are always in the last one you look at.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I use packing cubes religiously. They are more valuable for organizing than for saving space.

Oh, I also carry a cloth laundry bag for dirty laundry and shoe bag for my second pair of shoes. The laundry bag helps keep me organized and separates my clean clothes from dirty clothes and my shoes bag makes it a non-issue if my shoes are dirty or wet before I put them in my bag.

Another thing- For international travel, get a Fidelity cash management account. It is a free checking account with no minimums and no fees and they reimburse ATM fees worldwide. I don't carry a debit card linked to my primary bank- only my Fidelity debit card with maybe $800 in the account so if the card gets stolen my exposure is limited.

Also, get a chip and pin credit card. This is different than the chip and signature cards in the US. So many self serve terminals in Europe and Asia for buying things like train tickets require you input a pin into the machine. I use a State Department Federal 2% cash back card for this. Also, Apple Pay or Google Pay are very helpful because you can use your phone for contactless payment. Most Euro credit cards allow touchless payment but the US cards don't yet. Doing this can be really helpful and save time when you are in a crowded coffee shop or something.

Lastly, use Google Maps to star and save places you like to visit or that that people tell you about. It creates a virtual map off all of your go to spots. It's nice to be out with clients, take a quick look at your phone and know of a cool spot around the corner to go to for the next drink.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    No, now you have to pull out all the cubes and open each one to find your socks, which of course are always in the last one you look at.
    Fuck that's exactly what I'd be doing. Thanks Hutash you just saved me some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I use packing cubes religiously. They are more valuable for organizing than for saving space.

Oh, I also carry a cloth laundry bag for dirty laundry and shoe bag for my second pair of shoes. The laundry bag helps keep me organized and separates my clean clothes from dirty clothes and my shoes bag makes it a non-issue if my shoes are dirty or wet before I put them in my bag.
    The dollar store has these huge ziplock bags that are great for this.

I also use them for all my clothing then throw into the cabinets so I never worry about how filthy they might be or any bugs getting in.
    Lastly in tropical climates it prevents that humid funk or dampness before wearing them. Works like a charm.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    The dollar store has these huge ziplock bags that are great for this.

I also use them for all my clothing then throw into the cabinets so I never worry about how filthy they might be or any bugs getting in.
    Lastly in tropical climates it prevents that humid funk or dampness before wearing them. Works like a charm.
    That'd be the Loonie store for you.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    More like the Tonnie Store.
    Not much for a Loonie anymore

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181031_195446~2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	629.6 KB 
ID:	253457
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Loonie bin?

Name:  IMG_8164.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  31.5 KB
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

make sure you tap your foot three times under your neighbor’s stall. Two taps means you are getting stuffed, three taps means you are doing the stuffing.

I just took a dump in the Larry Craig bathroom in MN. The stalls were so wide...I spread 'em just to see if I could reach and wasn't even close. You'd really have to want the dong to get your foot under the next stall.

I always bring snacks in my backpack whenever I travel. Trailmix, bars, some candy usually. Apparently now they want you to pull it out and put in bin cuz my pack got pulled aside over it. Old couple in front of me as well. Guess I will make sure to put in its own bag here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Another thing- For international travel, get a Fidelity cash management account. It is a free checking account with no minimums and no fees and they reimburse ATM fees worldwide. I don't carry a debit card linked to my primary bank- only my Fidelity debit card with maybe $800 in the account so if the card gets stolen my exposure is limited.
    I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do this...good advice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I just took a dump in the Larry Craig bathroom in MN.
    How does one determine which is the Larry Craig bathroom? Is there a sign? Did you do research?