Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Neck pillows for flights? Who's using them? Recommended or nah?

I've found the road warrior life definitely isn't for me, at least workwise. Like to travel, but on my schedule. I'd rather drive 8 hours than fly 2. The raise wasn't worth the hassle and I find myself getting less done. I'm not productive on the road, in a hotel, or on flights.
    Do you consider excessive masterbation unproductive?

Not if you want to live a long time!

https://youtu.be/hk1T9XC3XPc

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I use a cheap inflatable pillow because I can limit the inflation to where it doesn't push my neck off the seat since most airline seats already have support here. All you are looking for is keeping your head from lolling to the side. Gotta practice to know how much air to put in on the ground so it has the right support when the cabin altitude goes to 8000ft. Window is best for sleep.
    Same. Minimal inflation is key for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not if you want to live a long time!

https://youtu.be/hk1T9XC3XPc
    Only 65,000 views. Incredible
    Last edited by huckbucket; 03-30-2019 at 08:12 AM.

I have a 3 hour midday layover in LAX coming up, will have 2 kids in tow. Anyone got suggestions for where to eat and park it during that time? Will be connecting on Delta, so I think that's "Terminal 2"?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You talking about venturing out or just somewhere in the terminal? How old are the kids/ what time is the layover. My dad would always kill some time taking us to the sky restaurant , but that was years ago when it was easier to get around there

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have a 3 hour midday layover in LAX coming up, will have 2 kids in tow. Anyone got suggestions for where to eat and park it during that time? Will be connecting on Delta, so I think that's "Terminal 2"?
    Gate Guru is a good app that will provide info on what's available in various terminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Gate Guru is a good app that will provide info on what's available in various terminals.
    Searching for it, can't find it. Does it have a different name?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    You talking about venturing out or just somewhere in the terminal? How old are the kids/ what time is the layover. My dad would always kill some time taking us to the sky restaurant , but that was years ago when it was easier to get around there
    Kids are 8 and 9, and we won't venture out of the terminal. Layover is from 1:30pm to 4:30pm.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Searching for it, can't find it. Does it have a different name?
    gate guru doesn't exist anymore.

gate guru doesn't exist anymore.
    Bummer. Sounds useful.

It’s officially called the theme building. Can’t get a pic to post but it’s iconic LAX structure from the Jetsons. Wiki says the restaurant is currently closed but observation deck is open on weekends

If you're just staying Terminal 2 know that it's tiny, and you'll probably need ipads or something for the kids. I think there are like a dozen places to eat? If I remember right the only one that's any good is Sugarfish. If you have access there is a Delta lounge upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Not all of us are so lucky. I have a trip to Hong Kong coming up soon stuck in coach the whole time.
    I am just here to say your employer sucks sending you on that long of a flight and not in business class so you can get some rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Here's info on traveling between terminals at LAX.

https://upgradedpoints.com/getting-b...ls-LAX-airport

The tunnel system is easy and it's quick to travel between all terminals, and remain airside, with the exception of T1 (Southwest gates). Do you have lounge access? (Priority Pass or other?)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I could be wrong, but I don't think 2 or 3 have tunnel access. It says you can stay airside and take a shuttle to 3 though, but not sure it's worth the time to haul 2 kids to another terminal.

no lounge access. not a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think 2 or 3 have tunnel access. It says you can stay airside and take a shuttle to 3 though.
    Well, shit.

Guess Danno is stuck then.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

LOL. He is. If I was in your shoes Danno I'd be prepped with whatever works for you to keep the kids entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I am just here to say your employer sucks sending you on that long of a flight and not in business class so you can get some rest.
    It's the world's largest online retailer and known for being frugal, so yes, it sucks for traveling. I did get an upgrade to comfort+, so at least I got that going for me. Luckily I can sleep pretty easily on planes.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    It's the world's largest online retailer and known for being frugal, so yes, it sucks for traveling. I did get an upgrade to comfort+, so at least I got that going for me. Luckily I can sleep pretty easily on planes.
    Wish I could. I'm afraid to take a sleeping pill--I'd probably be one of those people who rip off their clothes and attack flight attendants in their sleep.

Bumping this up since there is already some Delta Skymiles talk here, and some experts it seems. I'm getting ready to book an international flight and the same exact flight ticketed through KLM is $300 cheaper than buying through Delta. 1st leg of the flight is Delta operated and 2nd leg is KLM. Are all Skymiles benefits available (upgrades, selection of preferred seats, etc.) if booked through KLM? And more importantly, will I get full MQM's by booking through KLM? I'm right on the cusp of Platinum status due to Delta freezing and holding MQM's through the pandemic, and don't want to lose that for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Bumping this up since there is already some Delta Skymiles talk here, and some experts it seems. I'm getting ready to book an international flight and the same exact flight ticketed through KLM is $300 cheaper than buying through Delta. 1st leg of the flight is Delta operated and 2nd leg is KLM. Are all Skymiles benefits available (upgrades, selection of preferred seats, etc.) if booked through KLM? And more importantly, will I get full MQM's by booking through KLM? I'm right on the cusp of Platinum status due to Delta freezing and holding MQM's through the pandemic, and don't want to lose that for 2022.
    No an expert but the last time time I flew a dual Delta KLM round trip to France I got royally fucked on the return leg (operated by KLM) because of the KLM luggage policy. Ski bags were covered on the Delta-operated flight but cost me an arm and a leg on the return KLM flights (very close to the $300 difference you mention actually).
    I don't think it matters who you book from, what you want to pay attention to is who is operating the flights. If it's Delta you get all the perks, if it's KLM you could get screwed.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    No an expert but the last time time I flew a dual Delta KLM round trip to France I got royally fucked on the return leg (operated by KLM) because of the KLM luggage policy. Ski bags were covered on the Delta-operated flight but cost me an arm and a leg on the return KLM flights (very close to the $300 difference you mention actually).
    I don't think it matters who you book from, what you want to pay attention to is who is operating the flights. If it's Delta you get all the perks, if it's KLM you could get screwed.
    Good to know. I also just clicked through on the KLM website towards a purchase and even after putting in my Skymiles number it made me pay to choose preferred seats. So the margin gets closer as I really don't want to sit in the middle seat for 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Good to know. I also just clicked through on the KLM website towards a purchase and even after putting in my Skymiles number it made me pay to choose preferred seats. So the margin gets closer as I really don't want to sit in the middle seat for 10 hours.
    Sounds about right, ultimately there should be no price difference between the two companies.
    I'm flying to GVA sometime in mid-October with Ms Boissal and her sister + my bike in tow. I fully expect it will cost a kidney to get everything there and back in one piece.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise