Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Free stuff / dirtbag special (Canada)

Edit: bump for 2021 edition. Scroll down to post #22

Here's the deal: I have a bunch of excess outdoorsy clothing/accessories (mostly size L, some a bit larger or smaller). Too good to toss (IMHO), too much trouble to list and sell individually. I would like to ship a box full to some lucky dirtbag in Canada. You can use it, regift it, try to sell it, whatever. There is a Canada Post promo where I can ship one package for free today. So, post up your dirtbag resume (or pm if you're shy), tell me why you deserve it, and pm me your shipping address. I'll pick one recipient tonight.
    Last edited by TrueNorth; 10-01-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Throw it in with the helmet.

Can you make it a requirement that whomever receives the box must document its contents and tell the rest of us? This sounds even more exciting than "Storage Wars".

I'm in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Dirtbag resume: married and live in my in-laws basement with my wife. Work 3 jobs (2 teaching, 1 in a local non-profit) to pay the bills and the student loans, and then try to get out on the weekends whenever possible (frequently solo, otherwise with whatever chumps I can sucker in to coming with, usually my younger brother). My quiver is a single pair of Dynafit Hokkaidos that I tour with, and occasionally ski inbounds if I can justify the cost of a lift ticket. Climb in the summer with the wife. I usually wear a size M, but my brother and friends that I drag along wear L so I'd love to be able to toss something their way as a thanks for joining me (and maybe convince them to come out a little more often). Goals for this ski season are to spend more time in high-consequence terrain and in the steeps, and then do a late-winter/early-spring ski off the summit of Mt. Baker.

Wait, does "work 3 jobs" disqualify me from dirtbag status?

And I will totally do a millenial-blogger-style unboxing video.

I live in Gatineau.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    Dirtbag resume: married and live in my in-laws basement with my wife. Work 3 jobs (2 teaching, 1 in a local non-profit) to pay the bills and the student loans, and then try to get out on the weekends whenever possible (frequently solo, otherwise with whatever chumps I can sucker in to coming with, usually my younger brother). My quiver is a single pair of Dynafit Hokkaidos that I tour with, and occasionally ski inbounds if I can justify the cost of a lift ticket. Climb in the summer with the wife. I usually wear a size M, but my brother and friends that I drag along wear L so I'd love to be able to toss something their way as a thanks for joining me (and maybe convince them to come out a little more often). Goals for this ski season are to spend more time in high-consequence terrain and in the steeps, and then do a late-winter/early-spring ski off the summit of Mt. Baker.

I think living in your in laws basement qualifies you...

Something that UPS/Fedex/USPS will never do: promo for one package shipped free

We have a winner! Hopefully I can help gavinski91 get out of his in-laws basement for the weekends. There was also another worthy candidate who pm'd, and I'll try and send him a care package next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Throw it in with the helmet.
    I'll find some freebies for you too

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I live in Gatineau.
    dirtbag status confirmed, ostie crisse de tabarnak

Quote Originally Posted by Icculus13 View Post
    Something that UPS/Fedex/USPS will never do: promo for one package shipped free
    Yeah but Canada Post is on strike right now...

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    We have a winner! Hopefully I can help gavinski91 get out of his in-laws basement for the weekends.
    Sweet, thanks! Now I just need to figure out how my fellow millennials do this whole "unboxing video" thing...

As promised, the unboxing video. I've never felt quite this dumb filming something. I can't believe that people make money doing this...

Also, if anyone sees anything in the video that they want, shoot me a message and we'll see what we can do.

As promised, the unboxing video. I've never felt quite this dumb filming something. I can't believe that people make money doing this...

Also, if anyone sees anything in the video that they want, shoot me a message and we'll see what we can do.
    I’ve never felt quite this dumb watching an unboxing video, but this was oddly hilarious. 8 minutes gone and I’m not disappointed. Good beer choice btw

Tell your in-laws to STFU while you are making videos, alright?

Ha good karma. Thanks for posting the unveiling video.

Thanks for the video, and I'm glad I didn't win, I wouldn't have done anything half that good from Ottawa.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

I like the change for a Nickle detail

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Stoked for you. Mags helping mags. FKNA

Nice vid gavinski91! I wasn't sure how I would feel about a video of some internet stranger going through my old stuff, but it was actually pretty entertaining.

That "retro" MEC pack is probably older than you, and spent most of its working life climbing/hiking/skiing Squamish and the Coast Mountains in the 90's. Sentimental value for me, but I wasn't sure if anybody else would care.

The Garmin watch works (or at least worked the last time I used it). You should be able to Google the instruction manuals (Forerunner 405, I think).

I'll be shipping out a care package to another mag this week, and accepting applications for a third one next week (provided the free shipping thing is available again). Unboxing vid is fun but not required.

Ottawa area people pm me your address and what you're looking for, and maybe we can arrange a pickup/dropoff. I have some more outdoors/ski related stuff, plus lots of used casual clothing (but I've been told my fashion sense is lacking...)

Bonus points for opening the box with a circular saw

awesome video. love the beer drinking via gopro.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

oh man, i would love to put another 30 years on that MEC pack....

Bump for dirtbag special 2021 edition. Tell me in the thread (or by pm if you want privacy) why you deserve my cast off stuff, and I will ship a box for free to the winner(s). Canada only since I don't want to bother itemizing everything on a customs form.

Unboxing video optional.

Edit: you don't actually need to be deserving; this offer is also open to dental professionals who can spin a good story. Just convince me you actually want my stuff, and will do something other than just toss it in the back of your closet or in the trash bin.
    Last edited by TrueNorth; 10-01-2021 at 08:24 PM.

I don't deserve or need anything (except Nordiques gear) but this thread rules, good. on. you.

Also I think there should be a Canada forum so I never miss anything like this again.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I vote for ml242. Because he's a cool dude. He lives in Canada, eh. And there's nobody else to vote for.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I vote xxxer so we can finally hear some new stories.

Cool of you to do this!