Beastie Boys Book

Mike D. and Adrock have penned a tell-all...
    https://www.beastieboysbook.com/
    Last edited by dookey67; 01-18-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

should be good.
    I looked at tickets to the Manhattan venue when they first came out but waited to long to hear back from a friend on joining me and now their gone.

Contemplated flying somewhere to see the show but the timing doesn’t quite work out. Can’t wait to read this. It’s been fun listening to them on all the shows

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

just ordered it from the lieberry
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Enjoying the shit out of this. About 15 pages a night before bed keeps the dreams from being all nightmares.

I've heard tales of hangin' at The Bird House with MCA and jamming.
    RIP Yauch.
    the dude could shred the big gnar and a wicked nice human being, so I'm told.

It may appear natural now, but it’s a testament to the wide range of interests and inspirations the Beastie Boys exhibited and incorporated into their work that they were able to so seamlessly appreciate everything from hip-hop to snowboarding to Tibetan Buddhism, all while being authentically true to themselves.
    A recent ESPN article describes Adam Yauch as “a snowboarder — a real one,” clarifies Melissa Larsen. “He chose Salt Lake City as a winter base because if he was in the country and saw a storm headed that direction, it was easy to fly to. The places he rented were bare bones, meant only for sleeping and showering and storing the busted-up Subaru he used to get to the mountain.”
    Check Your Head was released five years before the first X Games. Back at a time when snowboarding had grown significantly in popularity, but was still an outsider’s snow sport. So the Beasties became an easily and eagerly adaptable expression of snowboard culture, and then youthful ski culture, too.
    “Snowboarding was born in youthful resistance to the popular sport of skiing and the values of sport it represents,” Rebecca Heino writes in her essay, “What is So Punk about Snowboarding?” “The media has appropriated the image of youthful rebellion in snowboarding and commodified it.”

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Ordered for amazon the other day. Stoked to read it. Beasties are in my top 5.

Thanks for the heads up on this guys, Beasties are my all-time favorite group.
    Thanks for vid links too, good clicks.
    Cheers!

FYI just got mine in the mail from Amazon. $30 for the hardcover, marked down from $50. Good read so far, only a few chapters in.

Should be a good read. I’m looking forward to picking it up

I have a fellow shop owner buddy here in the valley that was a spancered rider at the Bird back in the day. MCA used to stay at his house, from what I understand dude was super chill, didn't want anyone to know who he was just wanted to ride.

My local library has 3 copies out and 11 holds, looks like I'm buying.

Friend of mine just saw them in sf and raved

I went to college w mike Simpson. Couldn't believe it when I found out that dork was a producer on Paul's Boutique. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    I've heard tales of hangin' at The Bird House with MCA and jamming.
    RIP Yauch.
    the dude could shred the big gnar and a wicked nice human being, so I'm told.

It may appear natural now, but it’s a testament to the wide range of interests and inspirations the Beastie Boys exhibited and incorporated into their work that they were able to so seamlessly appreciate everything from hip-hop to snowboarding to Tibetan Buddhism, all while being authentically true to themselves.
    A recent ESPN article describes Adam Yauch as “a snowboarder — a real one,” clarifies Melissa Larsen. “He chose Salt Lake City as a winter base because if he was in the country and saw a storm headed that direction, it was easy to fly to. The places he rented were bare bones, meant only for sleeping and showering and storing the busted-up Subaru he used to get to the mountain.”
    Check Your Head was released five years before the first X Games. Back at a time when snowboarding had grown significantly in popularity, but was still an outsider’s snow sport. So the Beasties became an easily and eagerly adaptable expression of snowboard culture, and then youthful ski culture, too.
    “Snowboarding was born in youthful resistance to the popular sport of skiing and the values of sport it represents,” Rebecca Heino writes in her essay, “What is So Punk about Snowboarding?” “The media has appropriated the image of youthful rebellion in snowboarding and commodified it.”

Those two vids made me smile. So thank you, I needed a smile tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Friend of mine just saw them in sf and raved.
    Was super bummed that by the time I found out about the SF stop it was sold out.
    Kinda surprised/confused as to why they did not do a bigger/longer tour.
    They could easily have done a couple of days in each city (I know they did 2 in NY and 2 in LA).
    Especially with their fanbase and the fact that they had a traveling museum exhibit as part of the show.
    Will be interesting to see if they even consider extending the tour based on how popular the limited stops have been.

Beasties on the PBS Newshour tonight discussing the book. Good stuff!

New documentary dropping in April:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...ming-in-april/

Beastie Boys related but not the book.. Blister podcast with Geoff McFetridge was really good.