Thread: Kids ski boots

Kids ski boots

Does anyone make kids boots smaller then a 15 / youth 7?

Dalbello and Nordica make a 14.5 . . .

I put my kid in a 15.5 at 2 and a half yo, they were cheaper than the 14.5 and they used the same shell size, just a spacer in the shell and a smaller liner. At that age I think a little big was fine, especially since it saved me money

He's a year older now and going to use the same boots this winter. They are much closer to fitting properly now

Thanks Guys. I have a set of the Nordicas for him already, the shell is a 15. Was kinda hopping to find something a bit smaller, but a few extra pairs of socks should work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flm7XicQ03s

adjustable ski boots^^ for kids

anybody tried them?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flm7XicQ03s

adjustable ski boots^^ for kids

anybody tried them?
    Yep. Bought a pair off of Mikey B. They work great for kids who are learning. Got 3 kids and many seasons out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of a couple years ago, the Nordicas used the same shell for mondo 15-16, then same shell again from 17-18. I would think the 14s had the same shell as the 15-16s for cost reasons. So depending on which model you have, it's possible the 14.5 is the same boot as your 15, including the liner.

Nordica 14.5 was the smallest I could find last year for your tiny guy. From memory I am pretty sure it's the same shell as the 15 but the foot bed has a bumper at the end of it and the liner is smaller.

Honestly after the few times we got him out at that size I don't think a 15 vs 14.5 makes any difference. Our little guy is pretty small for his age, bottom of the growth curve thing.

Get the closest thing you can within reason and $$. Then, let them put them on and play! Let them step in to the little skis and walk around the yard. Good practice falling down and getting back up with skis on. Good practice just learning to walk around in the boots. Don't even need snow. Just make sure they have gloves on if they're playing with the skis so they don't cut their hand on the edges. This will make the first day at the resort go a LOT better... if they already know how to walk in the boots, put skis on, take them off, fall and get up more easily, etc..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I think my old shop has some 13s MAYBE a 12. I can have a buddy check on Saturday. Im sure they would sell you a pair. Shoot me a PM!