Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zede View Post
    Also the atris is not a reverse camber ski, but in trumpland, being wrong does not make your argument less valid I guess?
    Reverse camber and rocker are often used interchangeably, this ski has whatever you want to call it in the tips and tails to aid soft snow performance and turn initiation. You can argue semantics if you want but I stand by my original point. A taller/heavier guy than you @ Blister gave the 184cm version of this ski an "A" for powder performance, if you can't ski pow on it don't blame the ski.

One more data point:

5'11", 190lbs: Very happy on 184s mounted on the line.

I didn't have a whole lot of questions about the size before buying them, and haven't had any second thoughts since. My main points of comparison where the 185cm Enforcer 100 and the 186cm Sick Day 110. Compared with those two skis, the Atris 184 is exactly what you'd expect: it's "easier" than the Enforcer (hair shorter in actual length, deeper tip rocker line, much deeper tail rocker line) and "quicker" than the Sick Day (2cm shorter, narrower, shorter radius).

Given your description, can't think of a reason you'd want the 178cm, and it didn't sound like you were thinking 189...

See around 16.30 on the Blister Black Crows podcast. Julien Regnier (the ski designer) discusses the 184 vs 189

I am very happy with my 184s mounted at -1.5cm. 75kg and a strong skier.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Buddy of mine who's your exact size rides 184 everyday here and loves them.

I'm 6', 170, I've got 189 as more of a powder ski.
    I've got both 184's and 189's and am going to return one. I'm the same size. How do the 189's ski?

Quote Originally Posted by jroo View Post
    I've got both 184's and 189's and am going to return one. I'm the same size. How do the 189's ski?
    a little longer

Quote Originally Posted by jroo View Post
    Love the 189, but it's best when charging or skiing softer snow. This year in Aspen was unique and we had all-time snow fall and great coverage. The 189 was great because I was skiing a lot of fresh or leftovers. 184 would be a better choice if I was looking for a single, everyday ski for me, with normal CO snow.

I think it comes down to where you ski and what you want to get out of it. I'm happy and will be totally fine with the 189, and I'll have slightly skinnier, low-mid 180s ski to compliment it with. If I was skiing consitently deeper or heavier snowpacks (WY/UT or CA/OR/WA) I'd stick with the 189 for sure.

BUMP... i'm looking at these skis as a daily/mid/late season for the rockies.... Already have a pair of Camox. i'm 5'11" and 190lbs and a fairly strong/aggressive skier so thinking 189 is the only thing.... my Camox are 184

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    189 is the only thing
    +1

I'm a little worried with the length in the trees and such but thinking they should swing decently and pivot/smear ok from the reviews i've been checking out

189 has been good enough for me in tighter spots, they do swing and move well. I'm 6', 170. The extra length is great when you up the speed or push them through shit, as they're capable but not the burliest layup out there.

Awesome, that is what i'd like to hear...Hopefully grab some locally a guy has for sale used as they all seem to be gone online (other then new stock)

Now the question is what binders... Really like the Pivots on my Camox but i do have a set of Markers i could throw on....
    Last edited by Sandbox; 10-07-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post

Now the question is what binders... Really like the Pivots on my Camox but i do have a set of Markers i could throw on....
    The red ones or the free ones. Free bindings tend to slow you down a bit though.

Found some pivot 14's for 240 Canadian new....tempting....

Are you guys mounting these on the line?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yep. If youre a park tryhard maybe go a cm or two forward.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Yep. If youre a park tryhard maybe go a cm or two forward.
    nope, that ain't me... thanks for the info!

Whatsup squad, I know this ski tends to ski shorter from all the reviews, but i'll be honest, I'm an upper intermediate skier 173cm 75kg. First sticks were 168s to be comfortable on and have progressed to the upper 170s and feel fine on them, tried out last years QST model. I'm wanting a one ski quiver this season and have been eyeing the playfulness of the Atris. I've never skied a 184 so I'm leaning towards the 178. Do you guys think this would be a good ski to progress as a skier?? Ski mainly in the rockies but will get up to MT, WY and UT at some point.

Sounds like the Atris could be the ski for you - versatile, pretty intuitive and forgiving, able to work for a variety of skiing styles.

I ski the 184, and am only 5cm taller than you. I have also skied the 189 and would happily do so all the time as a more directional skier (except I use these for touring too, and wanted to keep the weight down, hence 184).

Go the 184. It's not the kind of ski that will kick your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Sounds like the Atris could be the ski for you - versatile, pretty intuitive and forgiving, able to work for a variety of skiing styles.

I ski the 184, and am only 5cm taller than you. I have also skied the 189 and would happily do so all the time as a more directional skier (except I use these for touring too, and wanted to keep the weight down, hence 184).

Go the 184. It's not the kind of ski that will kick your ass.

Good to know! Thanks for the advice! Even as a strong upper intermediate you think the 184s? I know the TGR forum loves the big sticks lol. Would love to run these as a touring ski next season after moving to Fort Collins, CO this spring!!