Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I am out in Montana but it should be good especially if sunny. Show up at 1030 and the sun should get a grip about 11. Afternoons in the late spring are glorious at Chestnut. Bring some fat skis for 230 on. Rip slush laps on Warpath.
    Thanks for the intel UG$. Haven't skied Chestnut since my jr. race days. Looking forward to some rare midwest spring skiing

Quote Originally Posted by GAPERsauraus REX View Post
    Thanks for the intel UG$. Haven't skied Chestnut since my jr. race days. Looking forward to some rare midwest spring skiing
    Arrgghh. Just saw this. The warmth and the rain must be taking a toll. Bummer. I can't ever remember them closing on a Thursday. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cripes.
    Well, Tyrol Basin is still open. Perhaps that will be the last gasp for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Chestnut really is super fun

Bumping the Chestnut stoke. Fkna! Wish I could have joined.

Anyone here in Madison?

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    Anyone here in Madison?
    Hey, I am. What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Hey, I am. What's up?
    Is Tyrol the best option for park/skiing in general near UW-Madison?

^^^

I'll preface by saying I'm not a park skier. And, since it's the midwest, I typically ski here midweek, during the day and only when it's sunny and nice. Put in the earbuds and I can stand it for about can hour, maybe 2. A fine burning rope helps.

Between Cascade, Devil's Head and Tyrol, Tyrol used to have the best park. Maybe it still does. New management took over a couple of years ago and the park has devolved from it's former glory. There are fewer jumps, kickers (half pipe 1 season, no half pipe the other) or various other features that make a decent park. I guess.

I like Tyrol more than the others because of it's relaxed vibe... and, of the 3, it's the closest to my home. Friendly peeps, decent snow making and no crowds help.

Cascade is right off the interstate, so it gets random visitors from all over (mostly FISH) and it seems to be the most crowded. Tyrol and Devil's Head are less crowded and farther from the highway, there are more "locals" and season pass holders compared to the mostly day visitors at Cascade.

Devil's Head is a year-round resort with lodging, and has visitors from everywhere. A low key vibe and south facing slopes make it a good substitute for Tyrol when I want a change of scenery. I'd go there more often if it wasn't twice as far from me as Tyrol.

Some scattered, random thoughts.

I’ve never been, but have heard some good things: http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Sheer-Rocko View Post
    I’ve never been, but have heard some good things: http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org
    That place kicks ass for their Wednesday tele night (so much fun)... and they have a ski jump(s?) there.

Otherwise... meh

^^^

I'll preface by saying I'm not a park skier. And, since it's the midwest, I typically ski here midweek, during the day and only when it's sunny and nice. Put in the earbuds and I can stand it for about can hour, maybe 2. A fine burning rope helps.

Between Cascade, Devil's Head and Tyrol, Tyrol used to have the best park. Maybe it still does. New management took over a couple of years ago and the park has devolved from it's former glory. There are fewer jumps, kickers (half pipe 1 season, no half pipe the other) or various other features that make a decent park. I guess.

I like Tyrol more than the others because of it's relaxed vibe... and, of the 3, it's the closest to my home. Friendly peeps, decent snow making and no crowds help.

Cascade is right off the interstate, so it gets random visitors from all over (mostly FISH) and it seems to be the most crowded. Tyrol and Devil's Head are less crowded and farther from the highway, there are more "locals" and season pass holders compared to the mostly day visitors at Cascade.

Devil's Head is a year-round resort with lodging, and has visitors from everywhere. A low key vibe and south facing slopes make it a good substitute for Tyrol when I want a change of scenery. I'd go there more often if it wasn't twice as far from me as Tyrol.

Some scattered, random thoughts.
    Thanks for the info. Is there a bus or any public transport to Tyrol? Been to Cascade plenty of times over the years but the park's always been nonexistent in terms of jumps.

Thanks for the info. Is there a bus or any public transport to Tyrol? Been to Cascade plenty of times over the years but the park's always been nonexistent in terms of jumps.
    You'll get bus rides to Tyrol Basin and Devil's Head if you join the Hoofers Ski and Snowboard Club at UW.

https://www.hoofersns.org/

You'll get bus rides to Tyrol Basin and Devil's Head if you join the Hoofers Ski and Snowboard Club at UW.

https://www.hoofersns.org/
    Thanks. Is anyone else here at UW?

Class of 1987, baby (!)

Go Bucky

Anyone here go to Tyrol? Gonna be my new local.

I"ll be there Feb 22 and 23rd but normally ski Chestnut.

This weekend all the cool kids will be in Milwaukee for Widespread. Probably the same weekend Tyrol opened for a hike park last year.

Tyrol is my home ice bump... and I'm a fair weather fan, but let me know when you head out and we can spin some laps in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I"ll be there Feb 22 and 23rd but normally ski Chestnut.

This weekend all the cool kids will be in Milwaukee for Widespread. Probably the same weekend Tyrol opened for a hike park last year.

Can only make Saturday this year. Let's try the pre-show meetup again, it has to work 1 of these years.

Can only make Saturday this year. Let's try the pre-show meetup again, it has to work 1 of these years.
    Lolz. Damnit. Meetup jinx for sure. We are only holding two tickets for Friday this year. We were going to do Fri/Sat but the scalpers shut us out Sat. so we decided to just save the cash and take all day to leaf tour home. Next year.