Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Freeride short answer no.

Long answer we have tried before to organize something in the distant past but mags are spread too far and thin across the middle west powder free express zone and nobody wants to drive hundreds of miles to ski a different 4 or 5 hundred foot hill. Best bet is meeting up with a maggot or two in the area or heading to a bbi out west.

And post stoke in this thread. Sunburst pics yes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chestnut U10's riding the lift with the guns all firing last night. Nobody home. Free refills. What a great night.

Pic from the weekend.

Warpath opened last night

Getting the tele legs built up and battling through a wicked upper respiratory infection. Rocked the teles hard Friday night. Super sore so alpine on Sunday. Tele last night for an hour till my legs could not take it and then back to alpine gear. Its is always the last couple hundred vert that burn my quads. Love it.

Freeze thaw cycle here but the snow is holding up very well with the low sun unable to get much of an afternoon grip on the west facing hill. Still skiing like fresh chalky midwinter man made when I left at 9 last night.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Chestnut U10's riding the lift with the guns all firing last night. Nobody home. Free refills. What a great night.Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    NICE! I grew up skiing at Chestnut...my g'ma lived in Savannah and we'd visit for a week nearly every year. The first time I went I was like 7 and I was being teased by the older kids b/c I was scared after I was told the the trails "go right down to the river."
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    NICE! I grew up skiing at Chestnut...my g'ma lived in Savannah and we'd visit for a week nearly every year. The first time I went I was like 7 and I was being teased by the older kids b/c I was scared after I was told the the trails "go right down to the river."
    Nice. Savannah is a cool town. So many skiing seeds are sewn here in the middle west.

2018/2019 Midwest Stoke

Free to ride Wisconsin feaux snow Saturday if anyone is around.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Been there done that... Wisconsin old school stoke. I'm at 3:27

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fkna Trollhaugen old schook spread eagle stoke Charlie!

That place is fun old school with great peeps.

I left my kick ass Trew ski pants in the racers lodge because I am a jong and they found and shipped them down to me...just came in tonight

Men at work, a centerpole Quad, ski tips that look like jester shoes. There's an awful lot to like in this thread.
    "Can't you see..."

Brought my groms up to Portage on Sunday - first full day on the hill for my littlest. Fortunate that big sis is now old enough to tow him to the corrals. Speaking of, not sure I can give my stamp of approval to the lift line setup at Cascade? Facing up the mountain... so out-of-shape flatlanders with kids have to tow them uphill, just to ski back down an empty corral. Meanwhile, jerry jongs come flailing down the pitch and explode into the now-exhausted parents getting their kids into line. On the upside, my daughter ended up becoming friends with the little girl who crashed into her, and skiing with her family all afternoon.

Attachment 260032
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Abol I think I remember those magnetic lift lines. Great pic and midwest kids stoke. We will be driving past Portage and going up to Granite this weekend using up our two free days so if anybody wants to lap some long high speed quads with us ping. Granite is a blast.

The weather down here has been way too warm. Almost 50 during the day with a refreeze cycle every night for several days in a row wtf? Anyway color me surprised at the conditions tonight at Chestnut. Maybe it was the thin clouds holding the snow temp up. Super fun turns with some untouched cord in places right up to the bell. Rocking my powder boards because the rest of my sticks are in for a grind and still the snow was hero. 8 year old and I took some laps together after race practice...chair 3 literally our own private lift.

Keeping the ball rolling on the midwest stoke.

2018/2019 Mt Bohemia TV stoke from Joey Wallis...Boho sort of stole him away from skiing Chestnut much but he has a place in Galena and he is a ripping smooth telemarker that puts me in my place when he does rarely show up at the nut.

I watch those Bohemia TV vids religiously and gotta give mad props to Joey's filming and editing. Hope to make the 6 hour hike up there someday.

We have a place up in Copper Harbor to ride Bohemia in February. If anyone is going for the Presidents Day weekend, I will be up there!
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

I’m paired at work with a guy every Monday. Apparently he’s pretty good friends with Ivan’s family. It’s real sad. Fkn guns man.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I’m paired at work with a guy every Monday. Apparently he’s pretty good friends with Ivan’s family. It’s real sad. Fkn guns man.
    Hunting accident no? I never heard the details. Sad as hell.

apparently it was in the house....I think? Accidental though. Super duper mega tragic.

I tell you, death sure does seek out those bright stars man....

We found Santa and a couple reindeer hanging here at Granite Peak today. Not as much terrain open as they had last year the same weekend but still plenty and not crowded at all. Definitely glad I have fresh sharp edges. Damned warm weather.

Hammered by cold rain down here for a straight day plus Thursday into Friday. We went up for race practice last night and I was expecting a skating rink and a trip to the bar but it wasn't bad at all and I found old friends out on the hill with stoke levels as high as mine. Cold weather made its return around sunset and the guns fired up. Good turns all the way down and we skied till 10. Some holiday traffic out on the hill but manageable and happy they are there paying the bills. Tmmrw morning should be the goods.

Also Plake was at Pine Knob. Jesus dude still rips hard. Lucky them.

https://www.facebook.com/20024905006...7085754376912/

This year is starting off about as bad as it can... We had just a few days in mid Dec where my little hill was able to make snow... Just as the holiday break started the warm front and rain set in... They closed for New Years Eve due to an inch of rain and the pic is just before all of the rain... They are now just building paths to larger patches to just keep the hill open... This weekend is calling for sunshine and highs close to 50... At the end of the past couple of seasons we say no way can next year be worse and have been wrong everytime...

Rant over... Hope all of my other MW mags are fairing better... Thank gawd for my past and upcoming trips out West... If not for those I would probably have lost my mind...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181230_122606.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	262712

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    This year is starting off about as bad as it can... We had just a few days in mid Dec where my little hill was able to make snow... Just as the holiday break started the warm front and rain set in... They closed for New Years Eve due to an inch of rain and the pic is just before all of the rain... They are now just building paths to larger patches to just keep the hill open... This weekend is calling for sunshine and highs close to 50... At the end of the past couple of seasons we say no way can next year be worse and have been wrong everytime...

Rant over... Hope all of my other MW mags are fairing better... Thank gawd for my past and upcoming trips out West... If not for those I would probably have lost my mind...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Damned Undertow! That looks patchy as hell. I was just hoping for a rain free winter but it has rained as much as the last couple of years and then maybe even more.

We have the same weather forecast here this weekend. Upper 40's on Saturday with full sun. We have our big race this weekend and parents are all being warned we might be drafted into course salting duty. Thankfully for the most part conditions have been great with plenty of coverage and everything open. The rain seems to keep being followed up by cold fronts that let them reset the surface by blowing a little snow.

My girl is in the middle trying to lead some synchronized turns. LOL!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181230-IMG_9962.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	752.5 KB 
ID:	262772

My wife on her new Black Pearl 78's. They really rail the ice and she has been steadily getting better on them. Great little midwest kick around ski. They get a little skinny when things get soft on a warm day though. She caught an edge and beatered later. Ouch!

Name:	20181230-IMG_9987.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	262773

Mississippi is wide open. Rare this time of year.

Name:	20181230_170104.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	696.2 KB 
ID:	262774

Anyone here go to Sunburst?

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    Anyone here go to Sunburst?
    You mean Wunderberg?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You mean Wunderberg?
    You must have been skiing there for a long time I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    You must have been skiing there for a long time I presume.
    And is it true that there used to be a halfpipe at Wunderberg/Sunburst?