Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Next time im visting my family in IL ill bring the sticks with me. Got some old buddies around milwaukee ive been meaning to see. How is the new lil swiss doing?

Undertow, lets make some laps happen. I can cheat on sad river with shit trails.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Japanda - MRM is my home hill and will be up tonight and this Sat for the big air event... Let me know if you will be up...

You sir are a trooper for testing the weather tonight! I should be up saturday though

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    Any mags in SE WI?
    Chicago here
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Next time im visting my family in IL ill bring the sticks with me. Got some old buddies around milwaukee ive been meaning to see. How is the new lil swiss doing?

Undertow, lets make some laps happen. I can cheat on sad river with shit trails.

Haven't been to Switz this season cause I have a pass at Sunburst, and day lift tickets around here are unusually expensive, but from prior experience, I can say that Switz is WAY more crowded than Sunburst. There's always lift lines at Switz, which are virtually non-existent (at least whenever I go there) at Sunburst.

WI TGR Session

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    Chicago here
    Come up to Sunburst for a TGR meetup!

Skied last night with temp at zero... Snow was nice and to boot we were like the only dumbasses there with zero lines... And to boot I woke up to this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190201_080017.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	267603

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Skied last night with temp at zero... Snow was nice and to boot we were like the only dumbasses there with zero lines... And to boot I woke up to this...

Name:	20190201_080017.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	267603

Very nice to see the snow this am! Fluffly stuff too. Heading up to mad river around 3 today. Gotta enjoy it before the mid 50s hit next week.

Very nice to see the snow this am! Fluffly stuff too. Heading up to mad river around 3 today. Gotta enjoy it before the mid 50s hit next week.

They turned all the guns on when we left at 9... They are def prepping for the shit weather next week... The only plus is while the temps turn I will be heading to Montana for a week...

Today should be great and I am heading up tomorrow... I am not hard to miss as I will probably be the tallest guy on the hill and will be patty gucci'd out... If you see me say hi...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    They turned all the guns on when we left at 9... They are def prepping for the shit weather next week... The only plus is while the temps turn I will be heading to Montana for a week...

Today should be great and I am heading up tomorrow... I am not hard to miss as I will probably be the tallest guy on the hill and will be patty gucci'd out... If you see me say hi...

Lucky you! Ive got about a month here until i venture westward. Ill look for you, ill be in a black arcteryx jacket, green bibs and a orange hat.

Anyone hitting up the Mogul Mash at Wilmot in a couple of weeks?

Not expecting much as my big air days are well past me, but kinda of obligatory to enter as all I did from 88' to 98' was bash down the moguls on Exhibition, get kicked out for building kickers, and flat land that terrible half pipe they had for a few seasons.

Would love to see some other Mags out there.

It’s on at Bohemia. Yesterday was knee deep over soft over good coverage. Calling for foot+ tomorrow. Get in the car now, bring your biggest skis.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 02-06-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It’s on at Bohemia. Yesterday was knee deep over soft over good coverage. Calling for foot+ tomorrow. Get in the car now.
    Tempting. Reminds me....I need to watch Episode 13.

Had a decent time at Cascade this weekend. The Cindy Pop Express blew a shaft on Saturday and closed that whole side of the hill for most of the afternoon resulting in ridiculous lift lines so we quit skiing and grilled/watched our little racers. Sunday they fixed the lift and skiing was good with minimal to no lines. Amazing how much snow we lost with the crazy warm air over the weekend.

for everyone who didn't get in the car. You should have.

SNOWFALL REPORT
    24 hours – 16 inches
    48 hours – 24 inches

If you're within 12 hours, you should get in the car now and ski with me tomorrow. They have Mtn Dew and coffee at gas stations.
    If not now, when.

Yeti makes a solid point as always. Should be at Boho today and would be if I had my shit together.

Anyway picture is from Chestnut right now. Things could be worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, record crowds yesterday beat the shit out of it. Hardpack bumps everywhere...traverses brutal...etc. It was good while it lasted.

I made the mistake of hitting Welch on Saturday instead of Sunday. Snow was still pretty good but it was definitely cold. The snow falling yesterday around the TC seemed like perfect ski-snow. Really light. Huge flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yeti makes a solid point as always. Should be at Boho today and would be if I had my shit together.

Anyway picture is from Chestnut right now. Things could be worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Joey said he may be heading back there for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Joey said he may be heading back there for a bit.
    Cool. Will keep my eyes peeled and hopefully run into him.

Had a Midwest Powder Day today at Sunburst! Snow was great. Will get pics up soon!

Today was so good at Chestnut. Super blue sky and perfect chalk and cord everywhere. Tons of natural and manager Murphy told me they blew snow a few days ago. Damned near perfection...if only they had a wench cat to take care of the roll over on Warpath but past that is was fine. Chestnut Open Race was on Crazy Horse - runs almost the full 475 vert and rolls and turns making for an awesome course for both gs and slalom - but only 68 entries this year so we were done at 11 am and my daughter kicked ass and alternatively depending on how you look at it she got her ass kicked because this is the midwest where the girls rip and the competition is stiff. Lodge was completely booked but the temps kept the hill mostly empty.

I will say this. The people are getting soft in the midwest. All the traffic and people out west clamoring to drive themselves to the outdoors and rubbing themselves raw in their cars at the same time the slopes and rivers and lakes and forests and trout streams and bike trails and windy rolling roads just sit here empty for the taking. Hardcores keep moving out. We are left the soft indoor types that bemoan every single exciting weather event and have no appreciation for the recent cold snowy spell. Fuck em. Last weekend at Tyrol the race families (almost 500 kids in WIJARA league) were drinking PBR and hanging outside all day in some absolutely crazy winter weather without a hint of complaint. Maybe some eye rolls but when the wind turned to the north and bitter cold pounded the event they ignored the nearby tent and held the award ceremonies outside because that is how you do it in Wisconsin. Maybe some people wishing for sun. $2.50 PBR's tallies, $8 Bloodies, slopeside parking and ripping racers. FKNA!

Tyrol pics. Weather was ridiculous but the place sits in a super protected little valley so the wind pretty much just blows right over it.

Anyway official race season is now over. We will be back up to Chestnut next Saturday. Burgers and brats and the sundeck on Old Main should be rocking.

One cool thing about race team is the away races remind me how awesome Chestnut is. Fucking gem with amazing views and the best terrain for a couple three hundred miles any direction. Sorry no pics today (edit I stole a picture from our head coach). They roped me into gate keeping and jobs like that pretty much explode my mind.

Name:	53145617_10157069429848482_5868278803674955776_o.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	272315
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-03-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Sucks that the season is almost over now - it's getting warm.

I'll be at Wilmot Friday afternoon and and Saturday morning trying to gety some turns in.

Any insights on how Chestnut will be by this weekend? Looking to get the kiddo out once more before the season is over, and looks like Chestnut is the closest open hill to Chicago.

Yesterday was closing day for our local mole hill... As a whole it was a pretty good season and loved having the camper to stay in... The pic was taken this AM and never had we had this much snow left for a season ending... We are hoping they will change their minds and open just for the following weekend, but am not holding my breath...

The one thing that helps with the end of the season is our yearly end of year trip to Mt Bachelor... Will be there for 7 days of skiing and once this trip ends I am able to slowly transition to no skiing for the next 8 months... After about a month or so of no skiing I will start jonesing BIG time...!

Enjoy what's left of your season...! Name:  Screenshot_20190318-084110.png.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  54.7 KB

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GAPERsauraus REX View Post
    Any insights on how Chestnut will be by this weekend? Looking to get the kiddo out once more before the season is over, and looks like Chestnut is the closest open hill to Chicago.
    I am out in Montana but it should be good especially if sunny. Show up at 1030 and the sun should get a grip about 11. Afternoons in the late spring are glorious at Chestnut. Bring some fat skis for 230 on. Rip slush laps on Warpath.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-18-2019 at 05:02 PM.