Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Ha nope. But fun! Just needs the right snow day.

I have heard bear crk is plowed close enough to terrace to make it doable.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Ha nope. But fun! Just needs the right snow day.

I have heard bear crk is plowed close enough to terrace to make it doable.
    Darn. Well a sled is being purchased sometime before next winter (hopefully sooner rather than later). Until then I'll take the lifts and drive for easier touring

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am selling mine end of season. 2013 doo XM with double cheetah board ski rack and dime bag. Mainly used for ski missions.

I just posted that because you seem to be looking for fun local lines. Nice to only drive 30 minutes to trail head.

I am selling mine end of season. 2013 doo XM with double cheetah board ski rack and dime bag. Mainly used for ski missions.

I just posted that because you seem to be looking for fun local lines. Nice to only drive 30 minutes to trail head.
    What's next?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Highly interested. PM when you're ready to sell. We aren't in a hurry, just want it before next December.

And thanks for sharing. I love local lines, especially ones that actually look fun. I can't wait to be able to explore more! Coverage looks decent up there, tempting to push towards terrace for a recon mission this weekend ...

Thanks for the info there guys. Unfortunately Sorcerer hadn't updated the website so those spots were already long gone...

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    What's next?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Probably another doo. Thinking of picking up something with a bit of warranty left on it. I got my engine replaced on my current one with 2 months left on the warranty at the time. Not too concerned about a 850, 3" track will be a must.

Cool pics, Hefe. lots of great hidden areas around to explore. Sure the lines are bigger and the snow is better around Revy, but always a good time exploring the backyard.
    Skied another area on Black Mountain Monday, but definitely needed the rock skis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4012.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	270782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4019.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	270783

And Wood lake was fun when it first froze

Name:	IMG_3921.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	270784

Definitely ready for some thick, deep snow though!

^^^ rock skis no joke, surprised there was enough to go up there.

I haven't had a really deep day yet!

If you are going on any adventures soon let me know. Kind of a weekend warrior with work and kids these days but can make exceptions.

El Hefe and all; Does Mount Tuktakamin just s/sw of Falkland ever get and hold snow? I remember drivin' to the top one year and poking around lookin' at some potential ski lines at the higher elevation area...maybe a few down the north aspects towards the town/highway...IIRC, would need a pretty good base due to the nature of the rocky terrain?

The rockfall path looks to have about 3000 potential vert/ft if it ever filled in and the top entrance wasn't just 100cms of scary shallow snowpack facets and decomposing crusts on the rock slab.

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	270801
    Master of mediocrity.

^^^ last year it would have gone. There is a nice North facing chute off the summit coming down towards hwy. The mtn (Tahaetkun 6800ft) we were at on monday is just south of it and is very rocky as well. Needs more snow but we were on the south face.

Alive- has the grassy parts of Black mtn improved at all? We were dumb enough to try on the 11th and it was garbage

Also props to whoever keeps skiing the trails at Kal. Nice to have the packed snow to run on !

20 cm of blower at Red this AM. Awesome.

Driving home tomorrow for a funeral, but this was a great place to ski.
    Using Tapatalk

Hey Meggers... Yea, its definitly improved since then, but still need rock skis. There is just no solid base this year. I am up there just about every day on backcountry XC skis with the new pup. Lots of fun, but still need more snow to crank out hard alpine turns.

I like the theme going on here. keep it rocky, sketchy and low elevation.

Now that Revy is full, rumor has it whistler transplants are eyeballing the rest of interior.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I like the theme going on here. keep it rocky, sketchy and low elevation.

Now that Revy is full, rumor has it whistler transplants are eyeballing the rest of interior.
    As long a they stay south of 51* N, I’m OK with that.

Judging by the forecast it looks like we're aiming for 2 months of nearly no snow in Revelstoke.

This winter is very reminiscent of 2009-10, my first in Revy. It snowed a ton until mid-January, then dried up for two months. It dumped just before my birthday, so hopefully the pattern continues.

Meanwhile, Parks Canada closed off the Avalanche permit area because people were crossing from there into the McDonald permanent closure area. This means NRC, Avalanche Crest, and Avalanche Mountain are off limits. Fucking idiots who can't figure out simple rules ruining it for the rest of us. I hope Parks doesn't make this permanent because that's two popular zones that can't be skied anymore, which will put even more pressure on other spots.

Been missing revy but snowing down here.

Weekend was powder madness at SS, even the patrollers were getting in on it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuPv27Yh...lOPJPCyjb6Fc0/

Best with sound on.... hah.

Bumming solo around Red Monday/Tuesday next week if anyone wants to rip around... should be sunny and fast.

I'd prefer snow but take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    Judging by the forecast it looks like we're aiming for 2 months of nearly no snow in Revelstoke.
    Ullr is displeased with the bro-brahs.

time to repent.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    2 month forecast eh? What are you watching? The weather network? Farmers almanac?

2 month forecast eh? What are you watching? The weather network? Farmers almanac?
    Mid - January and looking ahead to Mid March. In that time frame we've had one big dump of snow... beyond that it's been maybe 4-8cm a week. flurries, cold, sun and wind... but the trend is starting to shift to warmer / milder weather by late next week... still no chance of snow until possibly next week though.

Meanwhile Big white got hit with 85 cm in the past week... problem with RMR is it sits in a snow shadow... further enhanced by this persistent polar wall. Systems from the NW break on the Monashees. Systems from the south break on the monashees and southern selkirks. The mountains adjacent to Revelstoke get around 40% + more snow on average than the ski resort does. We are entirely dependent on systems that come from the west or south west, which hasn't been happening.

Yesterday was case and point. I was called to work for possible snow. Zero in town. Light dusting west starting at summit lake and east starting at Albert canyon. Whitewater had 8-10

Anyone open for some big tours in the area? I can buy a beer/soy latte to talk plans before.

I am aiming for Kootenay pass but anything else works for me.