Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 259
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    231
    Went on a roadtrip through the pow highway and spent 4 days with https://arctosguides.com/ in the Valhallas. A half-hour sled ride from their driveway took us to some of the best tree riding I've ever done.














  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,785
    ^^^^^Noice
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    koots
    Posts
    1,074
    it's been snowing, base is great at ww!


    If you're in the Koots for New Year's, come on over to Ymir for a real good time! (fb event)


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NYE poster final new for print.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	261915

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,581
    Looks like fun terrain, raypruit! Iíve done guided sled access touring in the N Cascades but donít see many guides offering that. Is it sort of what I would expect in that you blast up a logging road for a while before putting the skins on?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    231
    yeah exactly. half hour to an hour of sledding up logging roads then skinning from there. i don't know many guides offering that either. the sledding combined with the fact that we were in a relatively unpopular spot ski-wise (at least to my knowledge) made it pretty isolated

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    583
    Nice riding Ray!

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    231
    thanks norton!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6
    Moving out to Rossland for january-march. Been in BC before but new to this area.

    Looking for beta and/or touring partners out of rossland/red mountain. Is there any particular recomendd maps, books, or routes?

    Is it ok with patrol to skin up kirkup and ski the controlled resort area used for the $10 cat ski? Would be nice to do a few solo laps to get some uphill fitness back.

    Any other general Rossland/red advice is much appreciated!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Swede in Golden
    Posts
    469
    parts of the swedish mafia just touched down in Nelson, looks like good timing!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesboarder View Post
    Moving out to Rossland for january-march. Been in BC before but new to this area.

    Looking for beta and/or touring partners out of rossland/red mountain. Is there any particular recomendd maps, books, or routes?

    Is it ok with patrol to skin up kirkup and ski the controlled resort area used for the $10 cat ski? Would be nice to do a few solo laps to get some uphill fitness back.

    Any other general Rossland/red advice is much appreciated!
    For one, try not using a dark grey text on a dark blue background,

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,692
    raypruit most excellent video and TR. sleds to access touring areas seems like a good deal especially in BC with all the logging roads. Remote is the word

    Going to be roaming through early February. Sparkletarte, tried to find your friends boarding house up the hill, but seems my internet is busted. See the Ymir Hotel looks the same and still cheap. Beer with gnomes

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    koots
    Posts
    1,074
    cat! their place is the Ymir Palace Inn. I'll be around.... no touring for me though, spending the year on my snowboard and I don't have a split. But we can do some hill turns together! Coverage is great.

    teo! welcome back!

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks, look to be coming in on 2/8, hopefully time for a quick tour on the pass. Then 2/9 at WW or the pass. Will send a message when things get closer.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,387
    18cm in about 5 hours today at S.S. strange weather today, was almost like a spring storm.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vernon BC
    Posts
    1,648
    Spring. In January.

    This alpine ice crust can fuck its self.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Swede in Golden
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post

    teo! welcome back!
    I wish! But im being a good student while my friends head over to your side of the world.

    How is the knee? Hope u guys have a great winter!
    Looking for the next turn..

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    89
    Looks like a very good season with consistent powder for all of BC except the southern swath of the south okanagan and boundary. I don't think I've seen a snowbase this poor for Apex this time of year ever. Fortunately I'm in Revelstoke where we've been spoiled this season.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    Looks like a very good season with consistent powder for all of BC except the southern swath of the south okanagan and boundary. I don't think I've seen a snowbase this poor for Apex this time of year ever. Fortunately I'm in Revelstoke where we've been spoiled this season.
    Yeah pretty crazy difference. Saw a MIN report that apex slack country has 85cm base????

    Edit: This is interesting: https://www.castanet.net/edition/new...-2-.htm#246436
    Last edited by el hefe; 01-10-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The west - various spots
    Posts
    394
    Over the weekend, someone lost control and collided into my wife at a high rate of speed. She's such a responsible, conservative skier and now she'll unfortunately be out for the rest of the season.

    Mistakes happen but I'd argue that green runs shouldn't be treated like a super g course.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Yeah pretty crazy difference. Saw a MIN report that apex slack country has 85cm base????

    Edit: This is interesting: https://www.castanet.net/edition/new...-2-.htm#246436
    That feels about right. Itís been an unexceptional but perfectly adequate winter so far. Our base is a little less deep but more dense and durable than ďnormalĒ.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The west - various spots
    Posts
    394
    I'm wondering about Apex. Since they're reporting such a minimal base...can anyone verify if this is more or less average (which is basically what that snowpack map is saying)?

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    That feels about right. Itís been an unexceptional but perfectly adequate winter so far. Our base is a little less deep but more dense and durable than ďnormalĒ.
    Really that's average? Nearly half way into January and half the terrain isn't open yet? I always know Apex has a smaller snow base than Silver Star or Big White but it's showing less than half the Alpine base of em?

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    That feels about right. It’s been an unexceptional but perfectly adequate winter so far. Our base is a little less deep but more dense and durable than “normal”.
    Same for our neck of the woods. But I am shocked at Apex's lack of snow.

    Even Baldy getting screwed:
    SNOWFALL SINCE NOVEMBER 1ST: 176 CM
    BASE TOP OF EAGLE: 110 CM
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    Really that's average? Nearly half way into January and half the terrain isn't open yet? I always know Apex has a smaller snow base than Silver Star or Big White but it's showing less than half the Alpine base of em?
    I think Kootenay skier was referring to his neck of the woods. This is unusually bad for Apex. Normally they are just a little bit less (but more rockier) then SS.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    388
    So the wife and I are passing through the south Okanagan and were considering Apex and/or Baldy. But it sounds like it isn't worth it? What if you have never skied either one and have a free ticket for Apex. That change anything?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •