Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Ian McAdams at the Village Ski Hut in Nelson is the bootfitter you’re looking for.
    Perfect thank you! If I see you apres I owe you a beer

Everybody was waiting in line at Wildside & PC so I silently slid into Little T before either of them loaded for the first true chair of the seasonClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181214_085640.jpeg 
Views:	205 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	260022

^^^ where is that?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Opening day at Red Mountain today. Just groomers in the sunshine on the bunny slope to ease into things, with the Red chair opening tomorrow.

December weather pattern is certainly favoring some more than others. South Okanagan has been getting skunked hard from these system which sucks for Apex.

North OK has been getting missed a bit as well. Precip has a distinct line on radar past few days. Kind of from Cherryville running NW towards sicamous (basically monashees). Anything east of that has been getting nuked!

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Everybody was waiting in line at Wildside & PC so I silently slid into Little T before either of them loaded for the first true chair of the seasonClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181214_085640.jpeg 
Views:	205 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	260022
    cool story bro
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Freezing rain crust in western monashees. Heard the same for revy area as well. f-ing hate that shit. Crazy winds supposed to hit tonight.

Snowpack is spicy for mid December. Zesty even
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Freezing rain crust in western monashees. Heard the same for revy area as well. f-ing hate that shit. Crazy winds supposed to hit tonight.
    I was skiing knee deep powder at the resort yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    I was skiing knee deep powder at the resort yesterday...
    Nice. Thank the monashees for doing the dirty work!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I have a lot of flexibility in the next week and was considering interior BC—is there anywhere with a solid enough base to have good terrain open if it snows?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On the upper mountain at Revelstoke this week some days there has been too much snow to open some of the terrain. Not that I was complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    I have a lot of flexibility in the next week and was considering interior BC—is there anywhere with a solid enough base to have good terrain open if it snows?

Red is still low tide with limited terrain, but I’ve been hearing about knee deep goodness at Whitewater.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post

Revy seems like your best bet. After this past week's storms, the upper mountain is skiing great and you can skit the runs down to mid-station.

Summit side of WH20 was primo skiing the last few days. Glory side not so much, death crust basically all the way up.

So with the opening of Granite I am assuming a lot of the expert runs will remain closed, and reasonably so. But I have been touring up there and it is very skiable for people with the right ability so I’m wondering how strict they are. It seems pretty lax, the stuff on Red has been technically closed and no cares. Will I get in trouble or piss patrol off or is it more of a”soft” closer ?
    Every resort is different and I’m not sure if I can poach with impunity or not. Has potential to be excellent if so.

You will note it's a Ski Area Boundary, not a closure in most places. Red does not have a closed boundary...

Please respect that Grey is not open yet, as there is still avalanche mitigation work in progress, as well as snowmobiles and workers setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    You will note it's a Ski Area Boundary, not a closure in most places. Red does not have a closed boundary...

Please respect that Grey is not open yet, as there is still avalanche mitigation work in progress, as well as snowmobiles and workers setting up.
    What he said. Not quite powder skiing, but soft, smooth and supportive snow, great coverage, zero crowds, and fresh lines all day made for a sweet opening.

Yeah that was awesome.
    Very few people smooth powder everywhere. Slight surface crust, but irrelevant really, you could power right through it.
    I liked the vague boundary vs closed policy. Great times.

Sneaky deep day at silver star. 80kmhr winds plus 18cm over night was money.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SnowCam.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	261037
    Last edited by el hefe; 12-21-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Heading to Nelson tomorrow for a bootfitting and ski Whitewater Sunday. Anywhere in town do discount lift tickets? Still not a bad deal with the exchange rate.

Name:	IMG_0251.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	261114
    Touring in the Southern Valhallas yesterday. Filling in nicely, easy travel, smooth turns, and manageable stability.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post

Name:	IMG_0251.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	261114
    Touring in the Southern Valhallas yesterday. Filling in nicely, easy travel, smooth turns, and manageable stability.
    Headed to ice creek in 1st week of March, hope that trend continues there.

Had a look at the access to Flat Creek in Glacier National Park this morning. Turned round because there is still a big gap in the ice under the rail bridge. Had fun up Loop Brook instead.