Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mount Baldy not too bad. Had more snow and has a deeper alpine base and is higher elevation than Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by TOLOCOMan View Post
    So the wife and I are passing through the south Okanagan and were considering Apex and/or Baldy. But it sounds like it isn't worth it? What if you have never skied either one and have a free ticket for Apex. That change anything?
    I have an Apex pass and things have improved drastically. If you have free or discounted tickets it's nice spring like conditions. Entertaining for a day, but not 2. I also love the resort and won't talk any shit

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I think Kootenay skier was referring to his neck of the woods. This is unusually bad for Apex. Normally they are just a little bit less (but more rockier) then SS.
    Yes, I’m referring to Red and my local touring zones. Red still only has a 130cm base, but we’ve been skiing 100% of our terrain since mid December.

So we skipped Apex based on the fact that the Snow Host told us only the groomers were skiable. Pretty much the same situation here at Red now with most things having a huge suncrust. I'm assuming Whitewater won't be much better until new snow arrives?

Yeah ww is pretty much groomers right now, although I'm not really exploring a ton off them unless it's pow. My guy is powering through whatever so it is doable. I wouldn't say we have a huge suncrust.... it's def crunchy though. Touring is probably good, coverage is good.

teo, knee is doing well! on the board, feeling good on it. winter is good so far! hopefully we get some snow moving in today.

Anyone know how Revy is doing? Similarly crunchy and miserable off groomed?

Around the monashees anything that has been getting sun is nuked. Still good snow on North facing aspects, better below 2000m.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It is not accurate to say miserable. Still good skiing on the right slopes. Also it should start snowing again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    It is not accurate to say miserable. Still good skiing on the right slopes. Also it should start snowing again tomorrow.

Right on. Heading towards revy / rogers on Friday. Hoping the weather that's moving in gives a nice refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The groomers are preferable at the resort since it's been dry and sunny up high for the last week. I know no one comes to Revy for the groomers, but they are pretty fun, especially top-to-bottom laps.

Cheers to RS last weekend. They are having a great season. Close to 300" on the year already. Hit it up if you are within striking distance and the snow is still good. A true powder day there would be something else.

It seems they groomed the all of the groomer runs for Saturday only. Was hoping for a repeat Sunday. The pitch on that mountain is great and consistent. Awesome to max out on groomed runs with a pitch like that. Maybe the best in NA that I know of.

Place is a super fun mountain.

That hike up to Mckenzie mountain, then that ski all the way to the gondola is awesome. What is that ~6000 ft vertical for a single run??? Great consistent pitch most of the way down with even more pitch in some sectors.

Fresh tracks bailing off Mckenzie mt then got to smoke up a bad ass groomer on the same run.

Bunch of really good skiers on that mountain, men, women, and kids.

If anyone wants to get together for a few runs, or a pint, I'll be in Rossland (red/ww) from the 22-26, Banff 27/28, KH on the 29/30, and revy 30/31, then Sun Peaks for the weekend, and maybe back to revy depending on conditions.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I’ll be skiing Red those days. Resort if the snow is good, hiking otherwise. Message me to meet up.

Give it to me straight; how shitty is sun peaks skiing right now? Headed up for the weekend and need to know how strong the beer I bring should be

^^^ bring sharp edges and get up early to hit the groomers???
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

While far from epic, Whitewater was skiing MUCH better than I expected and wife and I had a good day out today. That 7cm of fresh seems to have made a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    If anyone wants to get together for a few runs, or a pint, I'll be in Rossland (red/ww) from the 22-26, Banff 27/28, KH on the 29/30, and revy 30/31, then Sun Peaks for the weekend, and maybe back to revy depending on conditions.
    Live in Banff, but working those days, so can't ski, but can probably meet for a beer. Will most likely be skiing KH the 29th for work so can most likely make some turns.

How's Kootenai Pass skiing? heading up there in 2 weeks-

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Give it to me straight; how shitty is sun peaks skiing right now? Headed up for the weekend and need to know how strong the beer I bring should be
    I skied Challenger about 10 days ago with 18cm fresh and it was great, but I have not skied the lower Burfield since except for Munro Ridge which is in good shape. Some fresh snow on Tuesday really perked things up. Overall coverage at Sun Peaks is a little below normal but rocks are covered and most of the mountain is skiing well.

Still able to find some good skiing all things considered. We have had several sunny days so the solar aspects are cooked. Yesterday was some heavy duty winds, so the alpine is slabbed up. The entire forest looks like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9357.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	267013
    But it was still pretty creamy, nice settled snow. I did about 2500 vertical feet of NE facing and it was fun. I’ve had much worse days.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9398.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	267014
    Probably go again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    How's Kootenai Pass skiing? heading up there in 2 weeks-
    Great coverage. Good stability. Snow quality varies considerably with elevation and aspect, and will have changed within 2 weeks.

Been Ski Touring in Manning Park the last days and theres alot of amazing faceted pow to be had off the backside. Thigh deep in spots! Definitely glad I didnt head to Revy!

No rmr pass this year. I guess the alpine is pretty cooked After the inversion. Surface hoar skiing well in the below tree line openings around town on the north. The last storm cycle gave it good coverage down low

If anyone is interested in grabbing a beer or skiing a couple of runs together, I’ll be in Rossland/Nelson area 2/4-7, Revelstoke 7-10, Kickinghorse 10th and Fernie/Castle 10-15.

Skiing with 3 friends in Rossland/Golden and meeting up with 4 more while in Fernie/Castle. Give me a shout, plenty of ice cold beer and rope for burning.

I've heard rumor of the gorge being plowed to 9km can anyone help confirm?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk