Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Hey guys, lookin' for some intel. Heading to cowtown in a few days and will be driving through rogers pass. Wondering if there's any quick hit ski touring where a guy could fire off a quick hot lap in a two hour time window at this time of year? Kinda guessing not but thought i'd check just in case. lamothe; much time does a guy need for that terrain in yer video? is it Balu?
    The trails punched so if you are in decent shape you can get a run in a couple hours time. In winter when Iím less fat it takes me about 1.5 hours to the top of Balu pass sometimes less


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    The trails punched so if you are in decent shape you can get a run in a couple hours time. In winter when Iím less fat it takes me about 1.5 hours to the top of Balu pass sometimes less
    Nice! Thanx for the beta. And yeah, i'm in slomo mode at this point so we'll see how it goes.
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,231
    Nice vid, getting stoked! ankle is close
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Nice! Thanx for the beta. And yeah, i'm in slomo mode at this point so we'll see how it goes.
    Right on ! Letís us know how you go. Nuking in revelstoke and snow line creeping down to about 1100m right now


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Damnnnn that looks tasty! Where was that vid taken?
    Rogers pass


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,074
    Hey has anyone posted the annual is the gorge road plowed this winter question? Snow pillow at Celista kinda just north of the area showing about 200mm of snow water equivalent...at the max positive range of the historical record...lookin' good!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	254322
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    290
    Winter permit quiz is up and running https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GlacierNP2017-2018

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Hey has anyone posted the annual is the gorge road plowed this winter question? Snow pillow at Celista kinda just north of the area showing about 200mm of snow water equivalent...at the max positive range of the historical record...lookin' good!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	254322
    Thinking snowline has been hovering around 1400m. Should still be able to drive up this weekend unless it nukes. Ill call forestry office later today as well. K3 saying 3ft base at 1400m. Almost no snow prior to that elevation.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Thinking snowline has been hovering around 1400m. Should still be able to drive up this weekend unless it nukes. Ill call forestry office later today as well. K3 saying 3ft base at 1400m. Almost no snow prior to that elevation.
    We'll be checking out the gorge this saturday, i can report back. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010133-1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	254707
    In the meantime here's a shot from last weekend at McRae, we found 120cm at 2100m

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,231
    ^^^ nice shot.

    Update would be great. I called the manager for the area logging yesterday about the road, no reply yet.

    Anyone else not liking the updated pillow tracker site? https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...r-station-data

    Used to be able to DL an excel file with recent snowfall, base depth and temp. Now I am having a hard time with it. I can only get them to show snow water equivalent. Doesn't really help when it doesn't show the temp swings.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    37
    Can anyone report on avy and snow conditions at Kootenay Pass? Worth it? Looks like only 46cm at the pass, but I was hoping it might be a bit better up high. Looks like a chance of some weather late next week.

    Looking to come up next weekend from the states. Open to anywhere in the Southern Interior honestly, Kootenay Pass and Nelson area are just the closest. Central Oregon is dry af it's time to go searchin.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Anyone else not liking the updated pillow tracker site? https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...r-station-data

    Used to be able to DL an excel file with recent snowfall, base depth and temp. Now I am having a hard time with it. I can only get them to show snow water equivalent. Doesn't really help when it doesn't show the temp swings.

    Looked into it for 20 seconds and didn't have the patience to find all the right things to click so i just google searched Celista snow pillow and found the right page to download the raw numbers document. Looks like the batt voltage numbers got skewed to the snow depth column for a bit of the it...snow depth looks like it's at 73cms.

    http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/data/asp/...asp_1F06P.html

    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 551
Size:  34.2 KB
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Looked into it for 20 seconds and didn't have the patience to find all the right things to click so i just google searched Celista snow pillow and found the right page to download the raw numbers document. Looks like the batt voltage numbers got skewed to the snow depth column for a bit of the it...snow depth looks like it's at 73cms.

    http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/data/asp/...asp_1F06P.html

    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 551
Size:  34.2 KB
    Thats what i am talking about thanks

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Made it to the gorge today. A bit sketchy ski-out towards the bottom, to be expected in early november. The road was getting plowed this week for sure but who knows for how much longer. We found 140 cm at treeline, the alpine was quite good for early season

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyfrancais View Post
    Made it to the gorge today. A bit sketchy ski-out towards the bottom, to be expected in early november. The road was getting plowed this week for sure but who knows for how much longer. We found 140 cm at treeline, the alpine was quite good for early season
    Thanks!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    1,533
    Well had a good morning and there was exactly 21 people about an hour on our tail. Maybe head to the gorge until the next reset.

    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Well had a good morning and there was exactly 21 people about an hour on our tail. Maybe head to the gorge until the next reset.
    Good shit! Thanks for the stoke.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Well had a good morning and there was exactly 21 people about an hour on our tail. Maybe head to the gorge until the next reset.

    Toooo far to drive. But great stoke!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Revelstoke; Rogers Pass
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Well had a good morning and there was exactly 21 people about an hour on our tail. Maybe head to the gorge until the next reset.

    I was one of those people! It has been a few years, but I've never seen that many people going up Video.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    I was one of those people! It has been a few years, but I've never seen that many people going up Video.
    Thatís the busiest Iíve seen it . Meanwhile Cheops had very few tracks . The asulkan parking had its fair share of cars too. People are hungry !


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    6,298
    Nice stoke there.

    North isn't skiing nearly as well as South on the pass at the moment.
    Drive slow, homie.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    I'll be spending 3-5 weeks in the southern interior in my minivan in late Feb, early March. I'm interested in finding someone who would be open to letting me pay to leach power/park in the driveway/shower a few days a week. If anyone is open to the idea or has friends who might be let me know!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    That’s the busiest I’ve seen it . Meanwhile Cheops had very few tracks . The asulkan parking had its fair share of cars too. People are hungry !


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm tempted to drive from Whistler for a couple of days as we have nothing in the forecast that looks half decent

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    598
    Safe to say, the Connaught drainage is pretty much tracked out after this weekend., especially everything on the south side. I even saw people ski off the summit of Cheops down the west face. We skied off the backside of Balu pass today, then down Nicky's Notch on the way out. The former hadn't been touched, but was a little spicy, and the latter didn't have too many tracks down it considering it was late Monday on a long weekend.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    290
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3779a.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	255202

    Very nice weekend up at the Asulkan. Not a breath of wind on top of Youngs on Sunday. A big crevasse has opened on the headwall - not a good sign for the future. Ski out not bad, but a bit of walking needed at the usual spots.
    Last edited by nickinbc; 11-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •