Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Getting old sucks.
    Gettin sucked off never gets old
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Gettin sucked off never gets old
    True dat.

...but I've heard it can wreck your vacuum.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    True dat.

...but I've heard it can wreck your vacuum.
    I laughter
    Well played
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

You never stop worrying about your children

Kids are staying home longer than they used to

Boiled meats are healthier than grilled meats

Brush your teeth softly. Don't buy a new construction condo. Choose business partners carefully or better yet avoid. Same for neighbors, if possible. Don't break up over the phone. The hard way is usually the right way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Their mean dogs will die, their obnoxious kids will move away, but you're stuck with the neighbors so try to stay on decent terms with them.

Ya know, it's funny. So many complaints above and that's a bummer. I'm grateful to be able to say that at 60 my life is better than it's been in years. I have wonderful relationships with my amazing kids with whom I never pass on an opportunity to hang out when they're game which, to my constant delight, is frequent.

I'm getting spiritually/emotionally healthier all the time and learning how to live in a way that not only serves me better, but those around me in the process.

Had you asked me about this 6 months ago, I would have said it wasn't possible, but by god, there are beautiful, self-aware, healthy, sexy, interesting, smart, accomplished, talented, fabulous women out there who think I'm pretty cool too. Who knew?

Did anyone actually expect to still be performing at this age like you did when you were 25? I'm fine with a shorter but better quality ski day. What's to prove? So yeah, there are some hitches in the gait here and there, but I can only say that getting older ain't too bad right now, and right now is pretty much all we have, right?

Get after it ya geezers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I've said it before on here, because of a shitton of problems physically and mentally in my later 30's and all through my 40's that all ended up with me literally dying (for a few seconds anyways) at 49 before I started rallying, I'm aging backwards.

I feel way way better at 58 than I did at 48 and at 38 I was already in a downwards spiral so I feel a lot better than that too. I'm seriously lucky as shit to be alive, strong and feeling good and I don't take it for granted. No complaints here. Lessons learned, yeah I got those.

I did get my ass kicked hard again in 2017 physically, but it's nothing permanent and I'm still rolling.

Retire young.

And don't act like an old fart.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeaths mom View Post
    You never stop worrying about your children
    You're only as happy as your saddest child.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ... I'm seriously lucky as shit to be alive, ....
    That’s something getting old has taught me, if we’re gonna be all serious and shit.

With me, from a purely statistical viewpoint, there's no fucking way I should be here. And the fact that I'm also completely fine is nuts. So let's party.

With me, from a purely statistical viewpoint, there's no fucking way I should be here. And the fact that I'm fine is nuts. So let's party.
    I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Ya know, it's funny. So many complaints above and that's a bummer. I'm grateful to be able to say that at 60 my life is better than it's been in years. I have wonderful relationships with my amazing kids with whom I never pass on an opportunity to hang out when they're game which, to my constant delight, is frequent.

I'm getting spiritually/emotionally healthier all the time and learning how to live in a way that not only serves me better, but those around me in the process.
    Yup.

Had you asked me about this 6 months ago, I would have said it wasn't possible, but by god, there are beautiful, self-aware, healthy, sexy, interesting, smart, accomplished, talented, fabulous women out there who think I'm pretty cool too. Who knew?
    Well, duh. Though I appreciate the waning and waxing of ones abilities to hear.

Did anyone actually expect to still be performing at this age like you did when you were 25? I'm fine with a shorter but better quality ski day. What's to prove? So yeah, there are some hitches in the gait here and there, but I can only say that getting older ain't too bad right now, and right now is pretty much all we have, right?

Get after it ya geezers!
    I'm trying.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 10-21-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

With me, from a purely statistical viewpoint, there's no fucking way I should be here. And the fact that I'm also completely fine is nuts. So let's party.
    Ya, once you've gotten a glimpse of the end and decided that isn't the way you want to go out, a lot of life changing behavior takes place. A similar thing happened to me in 1999. I'm still not in the shape I was in around 2008 though. That was probably my peak of fitness. Just got a pretty solid bill of health from the doc again though. Not perfect, but not anything alarming either.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Pooping is good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Never force a stubborn one.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Don't grow old.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Life is a circle. Terrible two's included.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Retire young.

I don't know. Bet there's a lot of old people who ran out of money who would differ.

I will admit, though, that I am in much better shape than I would have been if I was still living in a cube m-f 9-5 for the past five years. You actually can reverse some damage at a late age.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't know. Bet there's a lot of old people who ran out of money who would differ.

I will admit, though, that I am in much better shape than I would have been if I was still living in a cube m-f 9-5 for the past five years. You actually can reverse some damage at a late age.

Gotta learn to live within your means..... Some people never break that easy credit card habit.

Playing off oftpiste’s post a little here - I’m 32. A few months ago, iceman said to me something along the lines of ‘some people just lose the spark.’

My line of work often forces me to get a deep look into individuals/ families’ lifestyles. I also spend way too much time stalking social media to try to take the pulse out there (which is mostly useless). It seems to me that you can lose the spark in your 20s and 30s. More common to lose in older age, sure — check out your local Facebook community open discussion group page if you want a case study in just being miserable in your 50s and 60s.

I’m not sure I can exactly define what the spark is, and what keeps it alive, but seems like a lot of you ‘older’ posters here are pretty sparky. Sorry to be corny, but it makes me smile.

Don't trust anyone over 30.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Never knew a little note from Mom yesterday could deliver the perfect metaphor for life. I'm sure she intended the double entendre.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100002.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	251905
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100002.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1,015.0 KB 
ID:	251904  
    Master of mediocrity.

Protect your hearing.

Exercise

Don't be that old burn out that thinks skiing or surfing talent matters. Nothing worse than 50 year old dudes talking about their glory days and how they were once sponsored.

Save your money.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

most of the ship happening around you is none of your business.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I didn't read all the pages, so sorry if a repeat:
    1) getting old physically sucks, so exercise, eat right, get plenty of sleep and go lite on the booze.
    2) work sucks, so have a career, that pays well and allows you the most time off possible.
    3) have fun as much as possible. See #2
    4) save as much as possible in a low fee S&P 500 fund. Buy rentals if you can deal with tenants.
    5) if a best friend matters to you, look for a great person to share your life with. Do all you can to make them happy, grow and plan together. A life together is awesome, but a lot of work.
    6) see #3. Never forget to have a good time and be sure to laugh as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.