Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: G3 Seekr 110

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Any more you could describe about the differences in rocker profiles? Will probably have to pull the trigger on one of these Black Friday, without seeing either.

Yeah, liked the dimensions & weight of the fatter Synapse skis, but didn't want the full rocker.
    The tail rocker extends a bit more. My shop only has the seekr 100, haven't put hands on the 110 yet.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Looking for updates on the SEEKr 110

Hi All,

Now that some time has passed, can anyone provide more information on the G3 SEEKr 110? I just picked up a pair from MEC at discount, and am debating whether to mount them up or send them back. I skied the SEEKr 100 (178 cm) in phenomenal snow conditions this past week on the Wapta Icefield (Banff Nat'l Park), but am curious how the 110 performs in less perfect snow.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I've toured with my pair (Seekr 110, 180cm) this season in Rogers pass, teton pass, and grand teton NP. Haven't touched anything other than untracked hero pow. They work great once i made a run on them back in December, and got used to them. So much lighter than my resort skis, so i have to ski them differently. Can't input as much energy or try to flick them around like my resort skis. They're so light, i ended up making jagged zig zag turns. Now i just stay centered, initiate the turn with the tips, be patient and wait a split second. The skis will bend on their own and make a beautiful pow turn.

I wish G3 made them in a 184 like what I'm used to skiing in the resort. But then again, they may not be as easy to kick turn like my current 180cm length pairs.

I'm kind of drooling over the new Slayr skis for '20-'21, though.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kavanaugh View Post
    Hi All,

Now that some time has passed, can anyone provide more information on the G3 SEEKr 110? I just picked up a pair from MEC at discount, and am debating whether to mount them up or send them back. I skied the SEEKr 100 (178 cm) in phenomenal snow conditions this past week on the Wapta Icefield (Banff Nat'l Park), but am curious how the 110 performs in less perfect snow.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
    As for less than perfect conditions, the closest I've seen with my Seekrs is the ski out back to the trailhead on the skin track.

No problems encountered. Really like the rockered and tapered out tips and tails. I can smear out turns easily on the luge corners of the skin track to scrub speed.

(But why tour for anything other than pow? There's the resort if you want shitty snow. )

Last edited by sierra_cement; 02-24-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks for your responses, sierra_cement. I agree that touring for crappy snow is a bit foolish, but sometimes it's unavoidable (without cancelling plans, that is).

I'm surprised how little information there is about the Seekr online, and so am a bit torn. For background, I've been a tele skier since '94, but am moving to AT, and am aiming for a quiver-of-one (or quiver-of-one-for-now) setup.

I've also located a Volkl BMT 109 for a great price, but in a shorter length (176; I'm 6' and ~175#). Seems like a good candidate.

Cheers,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kavanaugh View Post
    Thanks for your responses, sierra_cement. I agree that touring for crappy snow is a bit foolish, but sometimes it's unavoidable (without cancelling plans, that is).

I'm surprised how little information there is about the Seekr online, and so am a bit torn. For background, I've been a tele skier since '94, but am moving to AT, and am aiming for a quiver-of-one (or quiver-of-one-for-now) setup.

I've also located a Volkl BMT 109 for a great price, but in a shorter length (176; I'm 6' and ~175#). Seems like a good candidate.

Cheers,

Jeff
    I wouldn't want any shorter than 180 for a pow ski. I'm 5'10" and 155#. Personal preference. You already have the skis. Mount them up. Ski them. Tools not jewels

Sounds like sage advice. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    And yet they went with Ion and Zed, instead of the obvious Bindr.
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post

Me too now!!!

I had the longest length of the last-gen Synapse 109s (until I snapped one of them), which I suspect are similar to the Seekr 110s. I really liked them in all conditions. Most people prefer skinny skis for spring conditions, but I really liked the Synapses in all but smooth, icy conditions. The significant rocker made variable, funky snow (crusts, suncups, sastrugi) much more manageable. YMMV. The Synapses were fun skis and I would have gotten the Seekr 110s if there were any 188cm left last year. I ended up with the Backland 107s, which are also excellent skis, albeit more all-around skis and less-powder oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    I've toured with my pair (Seekr 110, 180cm) this season in Rogers pass, teton pass, and grand teton NP. Haven't touched anything other than untracked hero pow. They work great once i made a run on them back in December, and got used to them. So much lighter than my resort skis, so i have to ski them differently. Can't input as much energy or try to flick them around like my resort skis. They're so light, i ended up making jagged zig zag turns. Now i just stay centered, initiate the turn with the tips, be patient and wait a split second. The skis will bend on their own and make a beautiful pow turn.

I wish G3 made them in a 184 like what I'm used to skiing in the resort. But then again, they may not be as easy to kick turn like my current 180cm length pairs.

Hey sierra - what's the straight pull length and mount point on the 180s?

Since this seems to be the Seekr 110 and Slayer thread, imma bumpin it.

GF bought some 172 cm Seekr 110s. Topsheet Line is 76.7 cm from tail, and looks really far forward…and I say that as a Praxis etc guy who likes a fwd mount. Anyone mount -1 or -1.5? I emailed g3 to confirm that line location.

Meanwhile the topsheet line on my Slayr 190s looks perfect, I’ll be mounting at the line.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I mounted my seekrs on the line. Length is 180cm for my pair. I do feel I have to stay centered, otherwise there's a feeling of tip dive if I get too far out in front over the shovels. Talking about deep pow only, though

Thanks that’s helpful. Looking at the rocker profile I can see that the ski was designed around a fwd mount for playful maneuverability in the trees etc. …which is fine, but I don’t want my GF fighting tip dive on the deep days. Which we tend to get a lot of.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.