Thread: Woooooooo!

Woooooooo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07597A45-69A4-4660-BD14-23092AE681AC.png 
Views:	283 
Size:	351.9 KB 
ID:	251263https://youtu.be/76V8DR9E43I
    Loveland Pass maybe a little suspect in places this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Should be fine by this weekend. That was the day after new snow on a windloaded 36 degree slope. Kid is an arrogant prick that is loving all the attention he is getting for that video.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Should be fine by this weekend. That was the day after new snow on a windloaded 36 degree slope. Kid is an arrogant prick that is loving all the attention he is getting for that video.
    True! I saw that shit on FB.

Man that video makes me so angry. The guy seems to bragging everywhere about this incident..

That dude is really annoying...

Getting caught in slide, when conditions would suggest one would be probable, used to be a shameful experience...

Must be a millennial thing.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Getting caught in slide, when conditions would suggest one would be probable, used to be a shameful experience...

Stupidity transcends all generations.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post

Which is why I posted. The natural progression is for someone to start a gofundme collection when his bad decisions catch up to him.

He seemed to be pretty stoked on getting caught in an avy, so maybe this will be the one time that "he died doing what he loved" actually applies.

I hate to be all "get off my lawny" but it seems like social media has caused a regression in the culture of safety. Ten years ago, people were just uneducated and going for it. Then awareness increased and knowing what you are doing became cool. Now, every person with a go pro is just a bad decision waiting to happen. I've actually had to integrate "what to do with technology" into my safety protocols. It is like some people think that they can ignore all the rules for safe travel they are supposed to follow in order to "get the footy".

...or maybe it is just a Loveland Pass thing. Boy that place sure does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I hate to be all "get off my lawny" but it seems like social media has caused a regression in the culture of safety. Ten years ago, people were just uneducated and going for it. Then awareness increased and knowing what you are doing became cool. Now, every person with a go pro is just a bad decision waiting to happen. I've actually had to integrate "what to do with technology" into my safety protocols. It is like some people think that they can ignore all the rules for safe travel they are supposed to follow in order to "get the footy".

Yup, glad GoPro and social media wasn't around back when we were doing all the same stupid shit 20 something years ago. But we learned, some the hard way. Lost a few friends in the process. I haven't skied much on the pass in the last 10 years, too many bad experiences, to much density of stupidity.

The presence of testosterone in men goes up around women, and with social media you could assume men consider women to always be around in that sense, or that they are always 'performing' as though they are.
    So really, if we just get all women off social media the problem would go away for sure.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Yeah, Loveland Pass does have that "Hold my beer and watch this," mentality to it.

When I worked for CAIC Knox (the director of CAIC) had me handout the CAIC brochure that maps out the major avalanche areas of Loveland Pass. One day I was handing them out at the top of the pass, and one guy said to me, "you're just trying to keep us from the good stuff." What can I say.....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    Yeah, Loveland Pass does have that "Hold my beer and watch this," mentality to it.

When I worked for CAIC Knox (the director of CAIC) had me handout the CAIC brochure that maps out the major avalanche areas of Loveland Pass. One day I was handing them out at the top of the pass, and one guy said to me, "you're just trying to keep us from the good stuff." What can I say.....
    Do you know where I can find a copy of one of those maps? I can find so much shit for berthoud but never anything for loveland.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Do you know where I can find a copy of one of those maps? I can find so much shit for berthoud but never anything for loveland.
    http://www.avalanchemapping.org/avatlas.htm

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Really? Do you know how to google?

Www.avalanchemapping.org

My house came with a big stack of those maps in the garage. WoooooT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Those are most likely or frequent zones?

I'm interested to find out if anyone knows the 4 snowboarders who set off at least 2 avalanches by going out to Mine Dumps at Loveland. Gnarly. The debris almost closed a lane.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Those are most likely or frequent zones?
    They are named paths. The maps are not a comprehensive list of paths that can or do slide. IMO they have limited utility.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    They are named paths. The maps are not a comprehensive list of paths that can or do slide. IMO they have limited utility.
    So if I get caught, I can't sue the crap out of map maker? I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    So if I get caught, I can't sue the crap out of map maker? I call BS.
    With the CAIC map you'd be trying to sue the state of Colorado. Good luck.....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

^^^ Deep pockets.

Good Lawyers....