Page 67 of 235 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 5864
    blame Stowe, Blame Vail, blame lawyers (and dentists)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Stowe made cute little punitive notes. How wonderfully corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Fuck this bullshit. Fuck the fucking piece of shit east coast in its stupid fucking ass.

Sorry, Spanky. Good luck.
    Sup Dex, Fall in a glade and take a stick in the ass?, lot beers frozen after a summit run?, realize you forgot your boots after a 4 mile drive?

Ima name names, lol

33` and windy bob, memories of hojos laying in bed at 5:15 today

Yummy breakfast pie to start the day off right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190104_085303.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	262839
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    blame Stowe, Blame Vail, blame lawyers (and dentists)
    Vail has always sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Sugarbush uphill policy was set up to fail. This was always the end game.
    Hiking/Skinning Policy
    Please check the snow report for the latest details.

Hiking or skinning on designated trails at both Lincoln Peak and Mount Ellen is not permitted before the mountains open for the winter season, nor is hiking or skinning permitted during the operating hours of the resort.

Hiking or skinning is permitted once the mountains are open, before and after operating hours at both mountains, with the following provisions:

All uphill travelers must obtain an Uphill Travel Pass online or in person at Guest Services at Lincoln Peak.

At Lincoln Peak

between the hours of 5 PM to 10 PM on the following trail: Easy Rider to Lower Pushover to Pushover to Birch Run.
    between the hours of 4 AM to 7 AM on the following trails: Racer’s Edge to Lower Snowball to Snowball to the top of the Valley House Chair.
    Due to plowing, parking for hiking and skinning is provided at Lincoln Peak in the heli lot, to the right of The Schoolhouse.
    At Mount Ellen

between the hours of 5 PM to 10 PM and 4 AM to 7 AM on the following trails: Easy Does It to Straight Shot to Cruiser to Lower Rim Run to Rim Run.
    Due to plowing, parking for hiking and skinning is provided at Mt. Ellen in the lot next to the Sunny Double lift.
    There will be times when skinning and hiking is closed due to weather conditions. Please check the Sugarbush snow report before proceeding.

Hiking and Skinning during operating hours may be authorized under special circumstances (i.e. lift mechanical failure or weather hold, or special events) Hiking or skinning during operating hours on designated trails requires a day ticket or season pass and is only permitted when specifically authorized by the Resort (these routes are only open when the weather and conditions permit). Please call Guest Services at 802-583-6590 for current designated route.

Hikers and skinners must adhere to the following rules:

Mountain operations take place AT ALL TIMES. This includes grooming, snowmaking, transportation of materials and personnel, and other activities. STAY AWAY from all resort operations and machinery.
    Hikers/Skinners must hold a valid “Uphill Travel Pass” available at no cost at the Guest Services desk at Lincoln Peak.
    Hike and skin in a single-file line, on the side of the trail.
    Hike and skin on designated trail going up, and ski or ride on same trail going down.
    Dogs are not allowed.
    Be aware that there are numerous inherent risks associated with skinning and hiking at the resort.
    While our lifts may not be running, our mountain is still operating. This includes snowmobiles, grooming machines, snowmaking equipment, winch cats and more.
    Winching involves a grooming machine hooked up to a long cable under a tremendous amount of force. Our operators will utilize beacon lights when performing this extremely hazardous activity. NEVER GO NEAR A WINCH CAT.
    Overnight stays on the mountain are prohibited.
    Do not hike or skin on a closed trail.
    All Terrain Parks & Park Features are off-limits.
    Tubing and/or sledding of any kind is prohibited at all times.
    What to Know Before You Go:

Your Responsibility Code applies at all times. Please follow it.
    Observe all posted signs and warnings. This includes closed trails. Stay on designated routes only.
    Never go alone. Always hike in groups of 3. Remember we do not have Ski Patrol services at night.
    Check the weather forecast before you go. Our mountain weather can change very quickly.
    Dress appropriately for the conditions.
    Bring a cell phone with you. In the event of an emergency, call 911. Ensure you pay attention to your specific location, including trail names.
    When hiking in the dark, wear a headlamp and bright, reflective clothing.
    YOU ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY for accessing our ski trails outside of operating hours. In the event you require emergency response, you will be responsible for all costs incurred as a result.
    After the mountains have closed for the season, hiking/skinning is permitted.

This new policy is for the benefit of our customers. Disregard for the policy rules and conditions may result in revocation of the skinning and hiking privilege.

Fuck Sugarbush.

https://www.sugarbush.com/mountain/maps/
    this is so sad, our society today is a pathetic one, where your average joe would rather sue for immoral dollars than take responsibly for their own actions and decisions.

Sugarbush has always been on the wrong side of this. Would it be too hard for them to have a designated uphill route open during reasonable hours when humans are usually awake that is open to pass/ticket holders and people who buy an uphill pass? Killington and Pico do this with no issues. Why do the 'Bush folks have their heads up their collective asses about this? There are plenty of folks who would like to add a little uphill workout to their ski day. These are paying customers that Sugarbush is telling to get lost. It's part of skiing today, and they stand to lose if they don't change their tune. No wonder people act like jerks when they are subjected such draconian rules. The idea here is to take care of your customer and help them have fun, not treat them like trespassers. Boo Sugarbush.
    Have your lawyers skin up the hill at 5:00AM and see how much fun they have stumbling around in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Forecast next week is looking very promising. Sick day Tuesday?
    I’m sure the skiing will be good but I think this one is getting way over-hyped.

Anybody skin at Sugarbush regularly? My experience at a few resorts that allow it has been the patrollers and other on-mountain employees are way more relaxed than the stated policy/behind the counter folks.
    Sticking to the sides of the designated trails solves a lot of problems, ime. Actually, sometimes not even designated.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    I’m sure the skiing will be good but I think this one is getting way over-hyped.
    Already trending in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Anybody skin at Sugarbush regularly? My experience at a few resorts that allow it has been the patrollers and other on-mountain employees are way more relaxed than the stated policy/behind the counter folks.
    Sticking to the sides of the designated trails solves a lot of problems, ime. Actually, sometimes not even designated.
    I have a pass at Sugarbush and have never had a desire to skin there. There is ample backcountry skiing in the region where you don't need to worry about resort policies and rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Choucas View Post
    Sugarbush has always been on the wrong side of this. Would it be too hard for them to have a designated uphill route open during reasonable hours when humans are usually awake that is open to pass/ticket holders and people who buy an uphill pass? Killington and Pico do this with no issues. Why do the 'Bush folks have their heads up their collective asses about this? There are plenty of folks who would like to add a little uphill workout to their ski day. These are paying customers that Sugarbush is telling to get lost. It's part of skiing today, and they stand to lose if they don't change their tune. No wonder people act like jerks when they are subjected such draconian rules. The idea here is to take care of your customer and help them have fun, not treat them like trespassers. Boo Sugarbush.
    Have your lawyers skin up the hill at 5:00AM and see how much fun they have stumbling around in the dark.
    I totally agree. The mcsb has been on board with an uphill pass ($20/season) and dedicated up track for several seasons. They get my families business as a result. If mrg were to offer this option we would be all over that too. It’s easy enough to skin either place when they’re open, but it just makes sense to provide this ski experience imo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    its a real role of the dice with the split flow these days.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    I have a mid-morning appointment with the accountant (too early to get any lift-served skiing in beforehand). I believe that the odds of Tuesday being a good ski day are thus markedly improved.

I've skinned Cannon once. Went the wrong way according to the designated route, but not on purpose. I popped out from a closed trail and a troller came over to see the if I had a pass. I said, yes do you want to see it? He said no. Best experience I've ever had a Cannon with the cops.

Uphill on a lift service hill is great when the real bc is non existent.

It would be cool if they designated a route in the woods the entire way. Skinning on the side of a trail kinda sucks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    It would be cool if they designated a route in the woods the entire way. Skinning on the side of a trail kinda sucks imo.
    Seems like a no brainer to have an uphill route through the woods. Trails get crowded enough then throw in some opposite way traffic to add to the confusion.

Agree with the above. Had some great early season pow this year at Wildcat and Sugarloaf when the mountains were still closed.

Just 2 days ago had a big public fight with the local community ski hill that is closed M-Th to keep it open for skinning. Beat back the posted policy change of only allowing while lift served is happening.

Policy is all over the place resort to resort. Hopefully it swings in the right direction. Much rather do my hiking in the wilds, but sometimes in NE the cut trails and glades are the best option.

4 weeks is a pretty tough penalty for Steux Hope he did not have a trip planned on his epic pass.

Seems like a no brainer to have an uphill route through the woods. Trails get crowded enough then throw in some opposite way traffic to add to the confusion.
    I'm assuming it's the time and money prohibiting them from doing so. And/or maybe they don't want to have to sweep an uphill route.

Seems like it would be right up Magics alley to do something like that though.

If surface conditions allow it, absolutely. There's also a substantially reduced chance of unpleasant encounters with sleds and snowcats in the woods. Unfortunately, I think the lack of consistent surface conditions (as well as the increased premium on skinning and route-finding skill) probably push things towards groomed trails.

Sunday River's uphill policy is basically "during operating hours only, by almost any route you choose." Surprisingly, it seems to work (and more surprisingly, people seem to like skinning up, even on busy days).

I prefer having a limited number of designated routes; while I'm not inclined to skin against traffic, I understand that some people want to get out and get exercise even when b/c conditions are less-than-ideal, and I'd like to know where I can expect to find them.

The Sugarbush blanket closure at Mt. Ellen is unfortunate. I've had a lot of good days there in the past during post-operational time periods; the approach, while long, is relatively easy and the actual skiing is higher-elevation than LP.

I'm assuming it's the time and money prohibiting them from doing so. And/or maybe they don't want to have to sweep an uphill route.

Seems like it would be right up Magics alley to do something like that though.
    We designated that uphill route last year and encourage folks to use it but don’t require it. Follows old logging roads for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pretty sure Sugarloaf has a separate uphill track. Have offered to create one at community ski area I do volunteer cutting at, Black Mountain of Maine. So far they have shown little interest, which I find perplexing given cost to mountain -->$0.

Cannon allows uphill traffic during open hours on a designated route along trails (lower ravine to middle ravine to upper ravine to taft slalom). If you are not up when they sweep they ask you to head down. I have gotten to the top and had a patroller ask me to please hurry up and head down so he can sweep.
    I think an uphill rt through the woods would be great. It would be quieter and more chill and I would not be worried about someone taking me out around a blind turn. Has anyone ever heard of someone going uphill getting tackled by a downbound skier/boarder? I can see it happening. I am always ready to dive out of the way, especially last week during the afternoon.
    A dedicated uphill route would have to be made in a such a way that it would not invite downhill poaching.
    I really hope it snows next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    From teh bush Snow Report. It's gonna end soon, skin it while you can.

"With skiers and riders deliberately buzzing snowcats, riding over snowmaking equipment
    Damn kids. I thought the idea was to not be seen, hence the poaching?

Seeking fatbike trade for splitboard

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    If surface conditions allow it, absolutely. There's also a substantially reduced chance of unpleasant encounters with sleds and snowcats in the woods.
    Yes, but the wolves could be an issue. I hadn't thought of that until just now.

Yes, but the wolves could be an issue. I hadn't thought of that until just now.
    And this, my friends, is why we should never head out unless we're locked and loaded
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.