Page 60 of 235 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 5864
    Moon was great last night! Hopefully someone was bundled up above treeline grooving on it.
    Mostly interesting stuff about tourism. Something important to remember is that even if someone believes something that is false, someone believes that idea and is out there.
    There is good tourism and there is bad tourism. It's important to promote good tourism which has fundamental long term benefits for residents and not the bad short term benefits that are long term negatives. I heard Vail is building a cruise ship dock at okemo. And if you believe that you'll believe anything.
    In terms of unemployment numbers they are misleading. There are many no longer seeking employment for a variety of reasons and there are many under employed. It's complicated.
    I am lapping cannon today.

Sent from a friggin hundert foot cliff!
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Students are working harder than ever in school and many have more education leaving high school than any of us old farts had at 18 (or even 22) years old.

As the VT Digger article points out, parents have encouraged kids to join sports teams and participate in after school extra curricular activity instead of work in hopes that it will pay off in college acceptance. Interestingly it’s probably hurting their kids college application to not have worked.

Of course those same parents from the metro areas can no longer come to VT to ski since their kids schedule is so full, which closes the circle.
    I don't think it hurts college choices , but I've read more than once it hurts, ironically, employment choices. Many bosses and HR people want a record of you doing the basics, like showing up on time, even if it's a fast food place.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't think it hurts college choices , but I've read more than once it hurts, ironically, employment choices. Many bosses and HR people want a record of you doing the basics, like showing up on time, even if it's a fast food place.
    Really? I interview and hire interns and college graduates. I don’t care one bit if an applicant worked in a fast food joint in high school. Relevant work/internship/independent projects are much more attractive.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Really? I interview and hire interns and college graduates. I don’t care one bit if an applicant worked in a fast food joint in high school. Relevant work/internship/independent projects are much more attractive.
    I meant a job. Any job. Kids don't work anymore. It's lacrosse, smart camps, and interning at the uncle's firm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6767.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	261431

Merry Christmas to all of you east Coast tourists.

Name:	CB3116A9-10E5-4354-8B70-42C00EB88530.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	408.4 KB 
ID:	261434

Ski ya later 2018!

Christmas Eve day, Ski Brtadford was free to all. We took a few laps and went Christmas tree hunting, Success an all counts.

Merry Cristmas, one and all!

Name:	ChristmansEve2018.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	493.4 KB 
ID:	261455
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Magic didn't operate today so I put on my thinking cap and decided to use my Epic Pass at Okemo. Got on the lift just as they opened and proceeded to rip 4 hot laps on wide open groomers with nobody in front of me. I know it's not gnar but it was fun. Then at around 10:15 this happened:

Name:	Okemo 12-24-2018.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	261475

So I went exploring and found some more uncrowded groomers to rip until about noon when everybody was everywhere.

A coupla thoughts (buttah please comment if I'm wrong)

Groomers are fun
    Heated seats on that new 6-pack are better than I expected (it wasn't cold today)
    I don't like those bubble things; again, it wasn't cold but many folks seemed like they were obligated to close it. No bueno.
    The trail rating system at Okemo is amusing but I'm OK with it
    The level of skiers there on a holiday week was comical. I had to leave because the peeps were so unpredictable...unless I was predicting that they would do exactly opposite what an experienced skier would do
    Did I mention groomers are fun?

I meant a job. Any job. Kids don't work anymore. It's lacrosse, smart camps, and interning at the uncle's firm.
    I'm a senior in a VT high school, and I can tell you this is definitely not true. I started working when I was 9 helping my mom sell jewelry at craft shows, got a real job in a kitchen when I was 14, and worked two jobs this past summer, 60+ hours a week. Of my friends, I can't think of any that have never had a real job before. I agree that sports and school can get it the way, which is why I work two jobs in the summer and none during the school year. But saying that kids my age don't work is simply not correct.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

The bubbles saved that place last Xmas. Cold as hell. They’re there when you need them. Okemo mid-week is a totally different hill. Just like Killington and Stowe. Place can and will scare you, sending blind knolls is always a hoot. I like the place, that’s all that counts.
    Merry Christmas, Maggots!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    The bubbles saved that place last Xmas. Cold as hell. They’re there when you need them. Okemo mid-week is a totally different hill. Just like Killington and Stowe. Place can and will scare you, sending blind knolls is always a hoot. I like the place, that’s all that counts.
    Dude, Okemo is nothing like Killington or Stowe.

Is Benny the ghost of Christmas past?

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

NE Roll Call 18/19

Dude, Okemo is nothing like Killington or Stowe.
    So easily played.
    No shit, huh guy?
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

So why are you always talking up Vermonts ultimate gaper hill so much? Jezuz, I had to leave early last year on a weekday. Had a little fight with Gaper Couple about dropping that damn bubble on a bluebird 40 degree day. Spent the whole lift ride talking about the Black runs they did and will do. I almost puked at that orange shield.

NE Roll Call 18/19

Huh? Fuck dude it’s Xmas eve. Give it rest. Mrs Flake is asking if I and I want a slice of red velvet cake, Imma say yes! Married 23 years, likes skiing at the local hill.

Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Sweet Fiero ^^^^

good call, what do
    you make of the Ambassador ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiero.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	486.1 KB 
ID:	261498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ambassador.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	786.9 KB 
ID:	261499  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

and to all a GOOD NIGHT !

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Is Benny the ghost of Christmas past?

Thanks for posting this. I forgot it existed. You put a smile on my face. Merry Christmas!

Seconded. Place is fun as Hell midweek. Anyone who busts on it has not skied it or can't ski it properly

Nerdville

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Seconded. Place is fun as Hell midweek. Anyone who busts on it has not skied it or can't ski it properly
    HELL Brook , fun as...Hell

Happy Festivus you kooks!

like the Ambassador

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 12-25-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Wow! It must have been horrible. According to another article many in the group were physicians and provided immediate trauma care, so sad.

Merry Christmas to all, enjoy ur loved ones and families, hopefully some snow will be coming soon,
    always forward but never straight