Page 100 of 235 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 5864

NE Roll Call 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Too be perfectly honest, I much preferred Magic back in the early part of this century. A place no one went to except for local ski bums, and we only went for the powder days. And you could ski on the lift and never have to go into the woods to find untracked pow. Glad and sad at the same time to see what’s happened there. Place has become too popular with the gnarbros and hoes on fat skis. Waiting a half hour to get on a lift that takes 12 minutes to cover 1500 vert, I’m not good with that. I wish it was ‘06 again!
    It’s always been the concern that in order for Magic to remain operational that the country club aspect was going to have to open up to others. As train mentioned, but for days like Sunday, the lifts would not be spinning.

I didn’t even get my skis in until after lunch, and still had untracked runs all afternoon. It helps to know the stashes .

Buttah - where did you end up skiing? I’d guess most of Okemo was too flat to enjoy the type of snow that fell this past weekend. As a result the few steep pitches must have been blown out pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Sounds like the snow tire discussion is going on at Jiminy Peak?
    And in Jiminy's defense, this was posted by the manager of John Harvard's Brewery, not the mountain:

At least one lawyer woke up.

Ski resort apologizes for 'overzealous' letter to workers

Published 12:26 am EST, Monday, January 21, 2019

HANCOCK, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts ski resort has issued an apology over a letter that told employees an incoming snowstorm was no excuse for missing work.

In a statement issued Saturday, Jiminy Peak officials said the letter "does not represent the tone or concern" they have for employees and guests.

The letter, which was addressed to all employees, said "if thousands of skiers can make it to Jiminy, so can you." It also said that there were no accommodations available for employees considering staying overnight.

Jiminy officials say the letter was posted by a manager at a restaurant at the ski resort. The resort says the manager was "overzealous" in his language, tone and approach, which don't reflect employee policies.

NE Roll Call 18/19

I skied the local fields, walked to them. Skiing on MLK weekend is for tourists.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3132.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	265818
    crab in my shoe mouth

I skied the local fields, walked to them. Skiing on MLK weekend is for tourists.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3132.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	265818
    Wait....WHAT?

That pitch is steeper than that little starter hill.
    Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

That pitch is steeper than that little starter hill.
    Go on now
    Yeah. Looks gnar. Dig a pit first? Looks perfect for my waxless Alpina bush whackers and 3 pins. You boot that in your Alpine boots or go full skins and AT gear??

I am a pretty shitty skier though so you have me there.

Keep talking fat boy, you make me laugh.
    crab in my shoe mouth

you would think we didn't have ANY snow with all the bitching going on

^Full moon?!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, I never really knocked Magic, per se, I've just tried to slice through the layers of child like devotion that place gets from some lost souls, starting with that 3000 dollar t shirt scam a while back. That was pretty stupid. But this is even more ridiculous. "Name names". Like there's some sort of log I have to sign before I get on one of those crappy lifts? Hey everybody, it's Benny! I'm here! Fuck.
    If anything, as a skier, aren't you the least bit curious as to what kind of place can inspire this devotion? If you were to introduce yourself, I think you'd be surprised at the reception you'd get... in spite of mocking their passion and commitment. But when you introduce yourself, maybe use an alias until this page gets buried a little deeper into the thread...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

It’s not snowing right now!
    Gotta luv how jersey boy shits on me for choosing whatever I want out of my quiver to ski on. What a douche.
    I do what I want, say it like Cartman.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post

I am a pretty shitty skier though so you have me there.
    Yep, we know. You suck.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yo, leotard man... you've gotten deference from me in not calling out your general ignorance and constant pessimism about whatever you choose to piss on in any given day because Harry has vouched for your in-person likability.

Name names only speaks to the inclusiveness and general demeanor of Magic. Go there today and you could possibly be recognized as another enthusiastic skier. Another person with a Name. Recognized firstly as another enthusiast that helps continue the legacy of where skiing came from and wanting to be part of keeping it alive. Not just another wallet to shake the stuffing out of. It may appear from your esteemed vantage point as a club and maybe it is. But, it's an all inclusive club that would openly except even the likes of you.

What's going on at Magic is nothing short of a miracle started by a few with "child like devotion". The positive (skier family centric) vibe is palpable and the only thing missing from days gone by is the smell of wet wool in the lodge.

You could possibly ingratiate yourself to the round table. The passwords?: change for nickle

eta: those crappy chairlifts have blood and sweat all over them. There is a deafening sound to be heard after pushing your way into the cramped quarters with a like minded soul on an old fixed double. You just have to shut out your need to be catered to long enough to hear it.
    ​I am not in your hurry

I just threw up in mouth. Wow, that is something. Whole thing is sig worthy.
    Take a lap, gepeto
    crab in my shoe mouth

Worthy prose write there, G...

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    those crappy chairlifts have blood and sweat all over them.
    That must stain your gear

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What the fuck is your problem?

Name names? Like it's some sort of secret club? Is there a secret password? Are girls allowed? Are you fucking 12?
    I’m calling you a liar. I don’t believe you’ve ever been to Magic.

Fuck off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:  washboard.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  14.6 KB
    ​I am not in your hurry

NE Roll Call 18/19

post that deserved to be made fun of
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 01-22-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Okay this stops now, dick punches all around.
    Bleh, my tummy hurts. Too much saccharine.
    Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

https://vimeo.com/312661718?fbclid=I...CiP6mX1RQGfKK4
    Rangely could be the promised land....

Too be perfectly honest, I much preferred Magic back in the early part of this century. A place no one went to except for local ski bums, and we only went for the powder days. And you could ski on the lift and never have to go into the woods to find untracked pow. Glad and sad at the same time to see what’s happened there. Place has become too popular with the gnarbros and hoes on fat skis. Waiting a half hour to get on a lift that takes 12 minutes to cover 1500 vert, I’m not good with that. I wish it was ‘06 again!

It’s tough to keep the balance for sure, we all loved those days. Thankfully weekdays are still reminiscent of the olden times, although big snow days of course crank the kook factor- but sleeper refill days can still scratch that ‘06 itch. On the bright side we can pay our bills and employees which is kind of cool.

It’s still lightyears better than any other lift served alternative on a holiday weekend, all things considered.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    A few years back, on a 3’’ Thursday, I had a guy approach me in the bar and say ‘’hey man! You looked like you were having a ton of fun out there!!’’ That stuck with me. I thanked him and to an extent tried to thank all the skiers who ski there regularly and/or have assured that the ski area resurrection continues on. It felt like a skiing enthusiasm mecca.
    I can top that.

I once had the ghost of a Native American meet me in the parking lot at Magic and offer to carry my skis to the lodge. I accepted. Along the way, he told me this was sacred ground to the Abenaki, who lived in the area long before the white man came, and whoever entered the area pure of heart and without hate would be welcomed. Those not pure and with hate would be cursed. Before placing my skis in the rack he blessed them with an owl feather. I no longer have those skis, but each time I rack my skis at Magic, I recall his words of wisdom.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Owl feather.

that same ghost shoveled me out...I let him