Page 199 of 235 FirstFirst ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Focusing on Sunday!
    Word. I'll be up midday Saturday regardless. Then Sunday on the earlier side.

Akok, grab the Bottles when you come to K and lemme know. Party time.

Don't miss out on the partay!!!!

"Alright ladies and germs, tomorrow was the rescheduled date for the inaugural Tuck’s Bowl-BQ. Again as I’m sure we are all aware, the weather doesn’t look pleasant. My thought is to carry on, fingers crossed, and hope that our little slice of heaven will drop the frozen precip we all crave. I am going to ask the community for any feedback on pushing it back again and whether it seems like you guys would make an appearance. It would have to wait for two more weekends until May 11th if I did push it back.

Keep turning!!"

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Word. I'll be up midday Saturday regardless. Then Sunday on the earlier side.

Akok, grab the Bottles when you come to K and lemme know. Party time.
    I will only agree to this if somebody bring the Flexeril.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Don't miss out on the partay!!!!

"Alright ladies and germs, tomorrow was the rescheduled date for the inaugural Tuck’s Bowl-BQ. Again as I’m sure we are all aware, the weather doesn’t look pleasant. My thought is to carry on, fingers crossed, and hope that our little slice of heaven will drop the frozen precip we all crave. I am going to ask the community for any feedback on pushing it back again and whether it seems like you guys would make an appearance. It would have to wait for two more weekends until May 11th if I did push it back.

Keep turning!!"
    As usual, the 2019 edition of the Annual Mount Washington BBQ and Slackfest takes place on The Northeast Snowfield, all three days of the Memorial Day weekend. The 10th Mountain Memorial Day Slalom will be set up all three days.

If the Otto is open, we'll be there with coolers, grills and possibly tropical attire. If there remains +/- 75 vertical feet I'll be there. Last year all 30 gates were up and it was a 15-20 minutes walk over to AG.

Bowl BBQ refugees are most welcome
    Last edited by robrox; 04-26-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

To be fair there are plenty of experienced and knowledgeable contributors, as well. Like the guy who did a 10k vert day, both sides of the mountain. Also my AIARE 1 instructor contributes. Very inclusive, which results in a mixed bag. As is this group, I might add...

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    The amount of kook in that group boggles da mind. i just don't get it. how can people be soooo dumb!?

NE Roll Call 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    To be fair there are plenty of experienced and knowledgeable contributors, as well. Like the guy who did a 10k vert day, both sides of the mountain. Also my AIARE 1 instructor contributes. Very inclusive, which results in a mixed bag. As is this group, I might add...
    Everybody here is pro. Even the dentists.

Laps. And a dick punch.

Drinking the dick punch. Tropical cream flavor.

Everyone here shreds the gnar between root canals. Superhardcore Xtreem. drinking double IPAs!

Everybody here is pro. Even the dentists.

Laps. And a dick punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The answer is yes.

Rained be damned! I’m going to j Saturday b/c dad stuff on Sunday. Looks to be the less rainy option compared to up north. Historic flooding going on

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...tion-1.5111947
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    The answer is yes.

Rained be damned! I’m going to j Saturday b/c dad stuff on Sunday. Looks to be the less rainy option compared to up north. Historic flooding going on

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...tion-1.5111947
    Need a 2 for 1? PM me if so....
    Uno mas

Jeebus! that dam video is scary

There is some great beta there. Unfortunately it gets ignored and pushed down the page by idiots. As an example, All winter long people ask "how is Greylock?" when there is a post 3 down answering that very question with the links to the groups that post current conditions regularly.
    These klowns can't even figure out how to bookmark the Avi and current Summit Conditions reports, despite repeated attempts by some to encourage this.
    It's like the kooks I have been seeing on the hill the last week and a half. Bunch of people wearing unzipped quilted jackets, at least 3 under layers, heavy gloves dangling from their poles and a balaclava. FFS it's 60`+ in the lot, you're not going to die from hypothermia.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Jeebus! that dam video is scary
    At this point they’re just hoping the damn does not crumble while overflowing. Thing’s 100 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Need a 2 for 1? PM me if so....
    Incoming! Thx man!
    27° 18°

Crumble is bad!

As is falling into a hole in NH.

https://www.wildnortheast.com/crevasse/?

"So you had a rock you were aiming for, but you ended up on top of a different rock?

Yes. I saw a rock from the top, I thought it was the same rock, but it was not the same. I didn’t have a radio or anything for someone to tell me it wasn’t the right place. I started skiing down. I was really sure I was in the right place until I was in the air, and I saw the cliff I was on top of and the hole at the bottom."
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Crumble is bad!

"So you had a rock you were aiming for, but you ended up on top of a different rock?

Yes. I saw a rock from the top, I thought it was the same rock, but it was not the same. I didn’t have a radio or anything for someone to tell me it wasn’t the right place. I started skiing down. I was really sure I was in the right place until I was in the air, and I saw the cliff I was on top of and the hole at the bottom."
    Don’t eat the brown acid.

Snow going fast...ski it when you can

Crumble is bad!

Yikes! Lucky-ass dum canadian. Shoulda sent it harder over the randkluft.
    27° 18°

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

He and that Never Summer guy have a beautiful future together.

An Epic/Ikon marriage for the eons.

He shall have his day in court, where he is representing himself

"Yes. I saw a rock from the top, I thought it was the same rock, but it was not the same. I didn’t have a radio or "
    "...even my ice axe because I left it in the car, apparently deliberately despite my plans to ascend steep terrain in Tuckerman Ravine."
    Maybe I should start doing that too. Might have gotten a few scratches on it Thursday while ascending Left Gully. Will stay in better condition if I leave it all secure in my car. (Well, unless I park too closely to that Killington snowboarder!)

2” down on the Bush summit webcam but the base looks absolutely miserable.

There is some great beta there. Unfortunately it gets ignored and pushed down the page by idiots. As an example, All winter long people ask [...]
    ...pretty much anything and everything, even when established official websites that would be the top hits for even the most ill-defined search terms would find the answer immediately.
    My favorites are What is the skinning policy for McMega Resort?, which of course has an entire web page devoted to www.McMegaResort.com/SkinningPolicy etc etc.
    Even for Greylock, when I've been posting TRs on how I skied on a 1/4" base and hit 1,400 rocks, some of the inquiries would be a bit more palatable if they started with, hey, I know that western mass has received only ten inches of snow so far this winter, and it rained a few days ago, plus the local nordic area is reporting that you wouldn't hesitate to ski the trails if you had to deliver the diptheria serum to the beleaguered villagers (< this really was a conditions rpt this season!), yet still wondering if Greylock is somehow sort of skiable by some meteorological miracle?
    But no, it's always, I refuse to do even the simplest of research, so here's my woefully ignorant question.
    Which therefore drives off almost all the informed posters and posts.
    (Yes, Dave does try, and even Jay has a bit in the past, but if we had a moderated forum that deleted the typical posts there and banned repeat offenders, then a backcountry Facebook Group could actually be useful.)

I will only agree to this if somebody bring the Flexeril.
    Peruvian has quite a stash and he'll be there most weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    As usual, the 2019 edition of the Annual Mount Washington BBQ and Slackfest takes place on The Northeast Snowfield, all three days of the Memorial Day weekend. The 10th Mountain Memorial Day Slalom will be set up all three days.

If the Otto is open, we'll be there with coolers, grills and possibly tropical attire. If there remains +/- 75 vertical feet I'll be there. Last year all 30 gates were up and it was a 15-20 minutes walk over to AG.

Bowl BBQ refugees are most welcome
    This. Hopefully a big crowd. I'm going to pop my Slackfest cherry this year

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    2” down on the Bush summit webcam but the base looks absolutely miserable.
    Sounds like a valid ob for every place still open. Bagging today, going to be at Killington tomorrow early for some fast and loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    ...pretty much anything and everything, even when established official websites that would be the top hits for even the most ill-defined search terms would find the answer immediately.
    My favorites are What is the skinning policy for McMega Resort?, which of course has an entire web page devoted to www.McMegaResort.com/SkinningPolicy etc etc.
    Even for Greylock, when I've been posting TRs on how I skied on a 1/4" base and hit 1,400 rocks, some of the inquiries would be a bit more palatable if they started with, hey, I know that western mass has received only ten inches of snow so far this winter, and it rained a few days ago, plus the local nordic area is reporting that you wouldn't hesitate to ski the trails if you had to deliver the diptheria serum to the beleaguered villagers (< this really was a conditions rpt this season!), yet still wondering if Greylock is somehow sort of skiable by some meteorological miracle?
    But no, it's always, I refuse to do even the simplest of research, so here's my woefully ignorant question.
    (Yes, Dave does try, and even Jay has a bit in the past, but if we had a moderated forum that deleted the typical posts there and banned repeat offenders, then a backcountry Facebook Group could actually be useful.)
    POTY.

There is a FB group for Backcountry in Colorado and you have to have AIARE 1 to join (honor system). I joined for a trip to CO and looked for partners. Zero luck. very few users, and very high avy danger so I stayed inbounds which was fine given fresh snow almost daily. I really wish there was a good way to find partners. People are hesitant to go with random people which I get, given the level of cluelessness seen in so many. We need Tinder for skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post