Page 136 of 235 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    BD has been rubbing it in that he's skiing while I'm "teaching" today. Hopefully some good pics for the thread from him later.

In the meantime- please everyone go skiing. This thread is starting to feel like the resource classroom here at my school- bunch of touched, special, and all-around disasters spewing emotional doodoo all day.
    Wow. I can't believe, as an educator, you would actually put that out in public. When the public school called the police on my 8 year old son because he couldn't "Sit Still, and Pay Attention", we pulled him. It's nice to see this as it really justifies our decision. That is some really disturbing shit. I wonder if the parents of kids with sensory disorders under your care would like to know how you feel about their children.

Fortunately home school means we skinned laps this afternoon... It also means nightmares like you can't fuck with my kid anymore as well.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 02-13-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Attachment 269509
    Great morning at WF. 8-10” of creamy surfy snow. Woods were... interesting. Aim for the fresh and turn gently. Like said above, any hard turn left a sheet of ice in its wake. It was so nice to ski in comfortable temps and barely any wind for a change.
    Sounds like it was a bit better than the snow report suggested (6"). Glad to hear it...will be there this weekend into next week, with the masses cause I think the BC will be a bit...scratchy...

West side of the spine rode nice this am, all things considering. Nice day for a hike anyway. Plus, aside being a little sharky, the woods were very manageable and supportive.

[attch] no pics - busy skiing [attch]

. I’m out..
    of a job.

Backcountry was sketchy today, but lift served was alright. Slid backwards down my fav woods shot

But found some good, albeit loud, turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

You shut your filthy mouth! You and I both moved up here for these weekday pow opps. Now, come mid June, I will, I'm sure, be singing a very different tune, so yeah...
    Oh don’t get me wrong, mid week pow days are what teaching in VT is all about but something about having summers off, a mountain bike and hundreds of miles of trails.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got in a 7am posse at Sugarloaf, had six sweet laps before we opened. Called it when the goggle icing took over viz and went to work.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Oh don’t get me wrong, mid week pow days are what teaching in VT is all about but something about having summers off, a mountain bike and hundreds of miles of trails.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sure, but when schools close the mountains get crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Sure, but when schools close the mountains get crowded.
    Nah....not as crowded as weekends...I’ve been a mid week snow day skier for 25 years.....albeit in PA/Catskills....not VT.

Always better during the week....than my usual Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Nah....not as crowded as weekends...I’ve been a mid week snow day skier for 25 years.....albeit in PA/Catskills....not VT.

Always better during the week....than my usual Sundays.
    True, not as crowded as weekends, but snow days are noticeably busier with the younger crowd than the typical weekday.

Killington woods were surprisingly great and we found some sweet shots throughout the day. As others have noted, it was a "surfy snow", so hopefully it bonds and we get things back up to speed, soon.

Earlywood in the trees (on his thin sticks!):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_311b.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	558.8 KB 
ID:	269567

Another beckoning virgin awaits:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_311d.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	688.3 KB 
ID:	269568

Name:	fullsizeoutput_311e.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	899.3 KB 
ID:	269569

And some requisite twig stoke:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_3123.jpg 
Size:	541.2 KB 
ID:	269570
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    True, not as crowded as weekends, but snow days are noticeably busier with the younger crowd than the typical weekday.
    Yes..totally agree wit dat..

Name:	9E969CB0-2302-4F18-BC23-E75E337B534C.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	661.2 KB 
ID:	269580

It was a hide and seek kinda day. Cannon got f'd on this one, but it snowed all day, so it was fun. Sure beats work.

Every lift ride was like this til about 1-1:30 when I left. The humbling sidewaze and then confidence building straight was the call today.

Name:	11FF63AB-F4E4-4D35-9C33-04BAAFF69A41.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	459.0 KB 
ID:	269586

Tug delivers nonstop.....

BigD in this pic ..the man knows how to bend a pole and he's too fast for my flip phone .... Kton skied exceptionally well, fortunate to be in some right places at the right time
    That EW can't ski worth shit

Name:	bigdbendspole.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	386.0 KB 
ID:	269584
    Last edited by train07; 02-14-2019 at 04:13 AM. Reason: pic name

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Guys don't fight. Focus on my first world problem. Should I skip work for this storm?

I'm not sure about cow pastures. I, like buttah, like to go fast and get high on every lap. With that said isn't everything at Stratton pretty much low angle. I dunno. Anyone ski there? I don't really get a TGR vibe from the place.
    So how was Stratton?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    So how was Stratton?
    Really high?

Stoned to the Immaculate?

go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Not bad at Sunday River. Skiing went from soft at opening to creme brulee a few runs later, visibility was the only bummer—after the second time my goggles got fully coated in a single run, to the point where I couldn't see a damn thing about terrain features or pitch, I called it.

Didn't seem to be any bonding issues that I could detect, but we didn't try any steeper woods, either. Blind Ambition skied reasonably well, although there are definitely more obstacles to be noted than there were before the melt.

The driveway is back to "I don't know where the f*** I'm going to put the next storm's worth of snow" status, though.
    It stopped icing around 10 or so. It was a great day to have some spare lenses handy, just swap the lens each lift ride, and shove the icy one in your jacket.

No bonding issues that I saw in the glades or steeps of Aurora.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

And some requisite twig stoke:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_3123.jpg 
Size:	541.2 KB 
ID:	269570
    9.8/10! Nice work.

If you’re up for a few more hours in the car Le Massif claims to have gotten nearly 2 ft in the past couple of days. That’s my President’s Day/week scheme.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

17` calm wind and overcast bob with 5/8" of new snow since 5pm.

Bummed to have missed Big D and Train07 at K yesterday. Texting BD back and forth with him about nothing and never mentioned I was gonna show. Got a call from a friend I haven't heard from in 17 years while I was shoveling, distracted while loading and forgot my phone. Even though we skied the same 3 lifts, I never saw them.

10+ of new dense snow skied great. The Praxis EXP skied great, love the narrow tail and full camber spring of these mountain goats. Escapade > Flume were really good and repeatable. The exit from Anarchy/Jaunita was a mix of rocks, dirt and water ice with 10% snow, glad I skipped them. Skiing Upper East Fall I spotted a familiar Yellow can And stopped to find a full Sip of Sunshine laying all lonely in the trail. When I visited the Peak Lodge I spotted people drinking SOS and pulled mine out for a free $10 can of refreshing suds.
    Some funny Box rides, guy singing John Prine and some misery, 4 KMS 14 yo kids who shouted back and forth the entire trip. The bubble is pretty cool and those Leitner Pomas are so smooth.
    Think I saw Mr G go by but wasn't quite sure, did not stop to get hot boxed at the 802.

Get it before all hell breaks loose over the holiday!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Proper stoke y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    So how was Stratton?
    It was great! Skiing on a Wednesday is amazing.

There was just over 6'' when I got there and you could definitely feel everything underneath the new snow but I was a nice change to actually get to make fresh tracks on trails. It snowed pretty consistently all day and I eventually ventured into the trees and found some good turns, but yes it was a little scratchy. It started really dumping fluffier snow in the afternoon from about 1 to 3 and that, on top of the wetter 8'' that had already accumulated, made for some reaaaaaallly fun conditions in the last hour of the day. Basically everything was in play by the end. So much fun finding powder in the trees. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	269631

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	349.3 KB 
ID:	269632

Name:	IMG_0735.JPG 
Views:	58