Page 131 of 235 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 5864
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbKb1wCWlQc
    Marquettes are super fun. Super affordable. Super durable.
    Let it snow!

Guys don't fight. Focus on my first world problem. Should I skip work for this storm?

I'm not sure about cow pastures. I, like buttah, like to go fast and get high on every lap. With that said isn't everything at Stratton pretty much low angle. I dunno. Anyone ski there? I don't really get a TGR vibe from the place.

Another thread detour:

My youngest, 13, is infatuated with getting a mono ski after seeing MonoMan at Attitash/Wildcat the last couple of years. I found a board on fleabay but before pulling the trigger my wife is concerned with the kid snapping bones on the death trap. Reason to be concerned or does the cool factor outweigh all safety issues?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Should I skip work for this storm?
    Obviously.

Yeah, Pasture skiing is so dumb. Watching my son fall in love with skiing and skinning is so lame. I'd be much better off living alone at a resort taking pictures of my beer. That's the meaning of life stuff right there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181219_123918.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	269331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181116_112949.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	269333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181116_111120.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	848.0 KB 
ID:	269336  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Obviously.

Yeah, Pasture skiing is so dumb. Watching your son fall in love with skiing and skinning is so lame. I'd be much better off living alone at a resort taking pictures of my beer. That's the meaning of life stuff right there.
    At least you know its gay.

Im just messing with you man of course its sweet always appreciate your stoke. Don't even mind you hating on tourons like myself I just skip over those posts anyway.

At least you know VTFree is gay.
    I always suspected, not that there's anything wrong with that. The "Canadian Girlfriend" ploy is pretty transparent.

On monoboarding....why not?
    You only live once, it might as well be locked in and on the edge of control...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we2RtuBXg6g

PS I don't hate tourist per se, I hate the economic model of tourism. A massive Carbon tax and 15 dollar min wage could change the game. In ten years you'll all see I was just looking farther down the pipe at the impending destruction of our lifestyle...but we don't have to talk about that when there's a winter storm warning in effect. Whoot!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-52L7hYQiE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iD5XyeRdcA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171213_151406.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	269344  

With that said isn't everything at Stratton pretty much low angle. I dunno. Anyone ski there? I don't really get a TGR vibe from the place.
    are you too high to notice Stratton sucks? bromley and magic are around the corner.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Stratton is all kinds of awful. Every time I've skied there, something awful has happened. The whole mountain is cursed. Bromley is a no brainer if you're around S. VT Wednesday, considered Magic won't be open to the public.

Guys don't fight. Focus on my first world problem. Should I skip work for this storm?

I'm not sure about cow pastures. I, like buttah, like to go fast and get high on every lap. With that said isn't everything at Stratton pretty much low angle. I dunno. Anyone ski there? I don't really get a TGR vibe from the place.
    Stratton does not have a TGR vibe. At all. Mid-week is WAY better than the weekends/holidays but still plenty of tourons and metro area second homeowners.

As to whether you should skip work to ski, ummmm, yes. As to whether Stratton will be filled with face shots as a result of this storm, ummmm, no.

Stratton will likely be out grooming all night so timing will make a difference. It will certainly beat going to work, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Stratton is all kinds of awful. Every time I've skied there, something awful has happened. The whole mountain is cursed. Bromley is a no brainer if you're around S. VT Wednesday, considered Magic won't be open to the public.
    I'll likely be taking a few turns at Bromley at some point during the day, assuming a summit quad is open.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    are you too high to notice Stratton sucks? bromley and magic are around the corner.
    I dunno man I mean yes, there is a considerable amount of pussies around there buttt there are a decent amount of glades to ski and its been on the max/ikon the past few years so I've gotten to know it a bit. Also that basement pub (green door?) has a giant bucket of wings for 15 bucks and there have been lots of cute girls in there every time ive been.

I'm currently laying down the ground work for a "sick" day. Walking around the office fake coughing and sneezing in peoples general direction.

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Another thread detour:

My youngest, 13, is infatuated with getting a mono ski after seeing MonoMan at Attitash/Wildcat the last couple of years. I found a board on fleabay but before pulling the trigger my wife is concerned with the kid snapping bones on the death trap. Reason to be concerned or does the cool factor outweigh all safety issues?
    Dood, if you are looking for maximum coolness it's ALL about the teleboard. Monoboards jumped the shark decades ago.

Definitely lots of pussies at Stratton (get it?), but plenty of entertaining runs/glades, too.

It’s no Magic, but what is?
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Another thread detour:

I love the mono in the spring, or perfect soft conditions. In my experience i've always double ejected.. bindings are pretty ancient

i guess if you single ejected it could be easy to break something, the thing weights a ton

Can't help but repost this gem. This guy gets it!!!

I dunno man I mean yes, there is a considerable amount of pussies around there buttt there are a decent amount of glades to ski and its been on the max/ikon the past few years so I've gotten to know it a bit. Also that basement pub (green door?) has a giant bucket of wings for 15 bucks and there have been lots of cute girls in there every time ive been.

I'm currently laying down the ground work for a "sick" day. Walking around the office fake coughing and sneezing in peoples general direction.
    I did see a huge fist fight break out at that Green Door pub a few years ago. I had just smoked a joint and watching 2 old guys pummel each other was quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Stratton does not have a TGR vibe.
    Au contraire, mon frere...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180210_131608823_HDR.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	269353
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Snowboards killed the mono board. It's just a big fat monoboard you ride sideways on.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Snowboards killed the mono board. It's just a big fat monoboard you ride sideways on.
    Exactly. This is why the TELEBOARD is the coolest thing on snow.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I always suspected, not that there's anything wrong with that. The "Canadian Girlfriend" ploy is pretty transparent.
    is the ‘look how tough i am’ jiu jitsu thread petering out already?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Snowboards killed the mono board.
    Just like video killed the radio star.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

NE Roll Call 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Au contraire, mon frere...

]
    No shit. Look at this fuckin Joey with his hydration bladder, back protection, and a few meters of paracord with non-weight bearing carabiners. Looks like he’s ready for his first run through Disneyland from the fire tower. He can even send up vape clouds to alert search and rescue of his location if he ends up lost, half way to West Jamaica.

Name:  IMG_2594.JPG
Views: 429
Size:  118.4 KB

^thats good stuff right there. And the goggles just flapping around behind his helmet.

^^

POD right there people! Caption this picture...