Page 111 of 235 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5864
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE7B7262-E839-481F-9E41-FE0C5BCD109D.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	848.0 KB 
ID:	266780

Caught a flight to avoid the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Taconics skiing nicely after a deep groom.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Izzat your progeny? She's getting the angles.

Quick 5ish of new bob, wind moving it now.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    POTD
    Nope, but was on the Triple when the Double broke.
    Question is why was the Quad, Gondi and Sensation Quad closed all eff’ing day? Winds honestly weren’t terrible.

Guess that old double couldn’t handle the traffic.
    Feel bad for those stuck up there for hours and zero info from Vail/Stowe. They were still selling $130 day tickets after noon, knowing damn well that only one lift was running. .

Patrol with some help from the Camp Allen Military guys did a TON of work getting those people off the lift today

#EPIC

What's that you say? A breeze came up and Stowe almost closed? How unusual. Good job, Vail overlord.

Stowe with fresh snow falling and only the triple running is a gift. Nosedive laps all day with a 20 minute skin is a huge win. I'm not sure what folks expect when they sign up for a winter at Stowe. Great terrain, horrendous base area development, douche-bag snobs, and a management that hasn't given a shit about locals since Starr died and Greenberg stole the business. Yes they shut down any chance they get on a day when ticket sales are down. No quad or gondi mid week was a given if there was any adverse conditions. Place is rad with half the mtn closed. Skiing as an amenity for real estate development. They have their priorities set, and don't give a shit about dirt bag ski bums who already spent their money.

Laps.....now.....snow later. Winter is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's that you say? A breeze came up and Stowe almost closed? How unusual. Good job, Vail overlord.
    Last year you seemed to snap out of being the douche that we all love to hate. There was even pictures of you smiling on a chairlift with Harry in Big Sky. Were you happy because you had someone to assist you off the chair?

So, hmm. Are you defending Stowe, or, what?

Hey singlecross I tried to send you a pm, but it did not go through. I will be at Bridger Bowl on Monday and Tuesday 2/4 2/5.

Laps you are bringing the stoke this year, nice

[QUOTE=cat in january

Laps you are bringing the stoke this year, nice[/QUOTE]

Just trying to do my part. If you do stop in VT on Wednesday and want to tour, let me know. I might be able to get out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, hmm. Are you defending Stowe, or, what?
    Haven’t been there for about 10 years

Eeyore deflecting... Benny, you skiing this week or just spending your day taking potshots at VT?

8` sunny and breezy bob 8:30 update, Scratch that 8`, now down to 2`

Caitlin says, NH > ME ?

Name:	20190128_064853.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	266824

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 01-28-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Cannon yesterday afternoon was really good. The morning was windy and meh so most folks left, including me. But then it started dumping so I went back and it was free refills of creaminess deep enough to keep the skiing quiet.
    Very rare to have the afternoon better than the morning.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Forecast is shaping up nicely for Wednesday, definitely taking the day off.

Amazing light this morning. We are primed for legit all-time conditions. Crust prevalent but the steeps are skiing fantastic, Supportive enough for the low angle to ski fast as well. Low elevation with another 6-12 is going to be pretty much as good as it gets. When the slate quarry lines look safe it's a good year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190128_070810.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	809.3 KB 
ID:	266825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190128_151719.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	876.1 KB 
ID:	266897  
    Last edited by DaveVt; 01-28-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Damn fine squalls in the afternoon yesterday gave us a reported 8-10 at Smuggs this morning. Don't tell anybody. Wednesday will be tits

Name:	Jan_2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	880.5 KB 
ID:	266858

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Eeyore deflecting... Benny, you skiing this week or just spending your day taking potshots at VT?

8` sunny and breezy bob 8:30 update, Scratch that 8`, now down to 2`

Caitlin says, NH > ME ?

Name:	20190128_064853.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	266824

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Haven’t been there for about 10 years
    So, you just had to lash out. You should talk to someone about your anger management issues.

Anybody on the ECRC ski Bolton? I'm heading to Burlington this weekend and will be over there at some point. Hoping that maybe the BC is skiable with the forecast and am looking for a partner with some local knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Hey singlecross I tried to send you a pm, but it did not go through. I will be at Bridger Bowl on Monday and Tuesday 2/4 2/5.
    cat in january... I pm’d you my number.

The woods should be in pretty great shape this weekend. Bolton has a hike-only parcel on their property. They charge a fee to use it although I don't know how strict they are about policing tickets. Paying the fee though to support a pretty special local hill isn't the worst idea ever. Other's mmv but my experience on the Bolton parcel has been a lot of touring for a lot of thwacking.

There are lines accessible on the north side of the access road and also over in the general Duxbury area south of rte. 2. Conditions will probably be pretty damn good this weekend. I'd be down for meeting a group in the area on Sunday although I'm not knowledgeable enough on the area to lead a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    The woods should be in pretty great shape this weekend. Bolton has a hike-only parcel on their property. They charge a fee to use it although I don't know how strict they are about policing tickets. Paying the fee though to support a pretty special local hill isn't the worst idea ever. Other's mmv but my experience on the Bolton parcel has been a lot of touring for a lot of thwacking.

There are lines accessible on the north side of the access road and also over in the general Duxbury area south of rte. 2. Conditions will probably be pretty damn good this weekend. I'd be down for meeting a group in the area on Sunday although I'm not knowledgeable enough on the area to lead a group.
    My Freedom Pass is good for a few days at Bolton so I’m thinking of the lift access BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    My Freedom Pass is good for a few days at Bolton so I’m thinking of the lift access BC.
    Bolton's a great spot with plenty of woods options if you take your time. Hooking up with a local will surely help. Also, the night skiing is a great local experience

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Anybody on the ECRC ski Bolton? I'm heading to Burlington this weekend and will be over there at some point. Hoping that maybe the BC is skiable with the forecast and am looking for a partner with some local knowledge.
    I am there all the time. Send me a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Just grabbed our Nembafest tix - last early bird day is 1/31. Yea it's overhyped. It's also a couple thousand people pumped about bikes.