Page 55 of 235 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 5864
    Outgoing rain and incoming snow. 45` bob down from the 50`-53` of the last 14 hrs. 2 3/8" of rain. There is still reasonable coverage on the east facing hillsides I can see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.06.01 AM.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	832.5 KB 
ID:	261105
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Wow. Poured all night again. Yard is still white, so I got that going for my kids.... and the truck is clean as a whistle.

And it just started snowing. Sideways, but I’ll take it.

Tourism talk, sure to bring out the best comments

facebook.com/skivermont/videos
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    They installed a bunch of culverts in problem areas this year. This and the snowmaking improvements are meant to increase likelihood of staying open after thaws. This will be the first test...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The work this summer and our snowmaking efforts worked well. Skiing off the double and practice slope today. After we groom tonight we should be back on the single.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    The work this summer and our snowmaking efforts worked well. Skiing off the double and practice slope today. After we groom tonight we should be back on the single.
    Impressive. Was hoping for reserved terrain for the next dump. C'est la vie. Still have 6 inches of glacier in the yard...

2+” of rain is the official tally here.

Nothing says Christmas more than massive thunder boomers. Good cripes did that scare the shit out of me last night. Thought the house next door had exploded.

If you value your sanity do not look at the long range forecast. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. Tourism is extraction of wealth.
    Some number crunching. For 31 dollars a week per household we could have the same revenue as 13 milion tourists visiting our state of 700 thousand people annually? To whom do I write the check?

For 31 dollars a week I could enjoy Warren Falls, Groton State Park, Mount Mansfield, MRG, Burlington, all the other rad places without tourists? That would be so fucking worth it.

Let's talk about the jobs shall we? They are shit. They are walmart type gigs. They create working poor. They will not bring any residents here and they will not keep any residents here.

Of the 2.8 billion, way less than half goes to the workers. Vermonters get barely enough to scrape by on with these jobs. They make less than 30k a year. Each of those jobs creates 90k a year in revenue. Where does 60 k per job go?

Plenty to read about global tourism. None of it good unless you're talking about places that are living in the stone age. Service based economies are wealth consolidators, 100 times more potent then the great success stories of America from the 20th century like GM. Read The Four and get back to me.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 12-22-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. Tourism is extraction of wealth. The End.
    They’re gonna spend it somewhere so it might as well be here in the Green Mountains.

#legalizerecreation

There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. Tourism is extraction of wealth. The End.
    Really.

Well, if you could figure out how to tax heroin, you might have something there.

Otherwise, explain to me what wealth is being extracted.

Great discussion, lol

Freight train sounding crazy winds right now, thought that was supposed to be yesterday. This weather sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Really.

Well, if you could figure out how to tax heroin, you might have something there.

Otherwise, explain to me what wealth is being extracted.
    The live-able wage we should be earning. Do a little reading Benny. Like I said, no shortage of material out there. Tourism has been called the most destructive force on the planet besides war. It is, in fact, what happens to your country when you loose a war.

More Marketing, she says. Fuck off bitch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaD8y-CGhMw

I decided to bring my ski gear back east with me to do some holiday skiing at Jay Peak, because the conditions were looking great. Of course, this happens. How bad is it?

The live-able wage we should be earning. Do a little reading Benny. Like I said, no shortage of material out there. Tourism has been called the most destructive force on the planet besides war. It is, in fact, what happens to your country when you loose a war.

More Marketing, she says. Fuck off bitch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaD8y-CGhMw
    How do you make a living?

My Wife is a CPA, I work part time for a Small University and home school my son. Trained as a chef, I still do some catering from time to time, and teach martial arts.

and teach martial arts.
    Read: checking the spare Benny. So watch yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My Wife is a CPA, I work part time for a Small University and home school my son. Trained as a chef, I still do some catering from time to time, and teach martial arts.
    Oh, ok, so you're just getting by. Do you want a career? Do you think that's ever going to happen where you live? You know, besides snow removal.

That's very high minded of you to say that tourism is such a destructive industry. I'm guessing that if you scored a nice gig at a big ski hill you may think differently. I'd like to hear what you think could be the alternative source of income for so many Vermont residents if tourism didn't exist. I have a hard time even imagining what the state would be like. Well, actually, you can sort of see it in a lot of places. Up at Stowe, the Stowe village is doing pretty well, and, like it or not, that hill hires a lot of people. Go around to the other side at Jeffersonville, where Smuggs is, and it's not so great. The Lexus crowd doesn't bother over there. But, at least they have a ski hill. I'm sure you're familiar with the area in the state that have no skiing, therefore minimal tourism. Not so nice. Is that what you want? Hey, keeps life cheap, but, try buying, say, food or gas, let alone hardware stores or broadband service.

I just got back from Southern Spain, which depends very much on tourism. It was pathetic there before the 60s and tourism became an industry. You guys should embrace the business like they have with a smile, because, dude, poverty is a bitch, and you don't want that. Unless you have family money. Then it's ok. If you like trailers and junkies everywhere.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” Mark Twain.

While I don’t like everything that accompanies tourism, it certainly benefits the community and the psychological well being of many. Perhaps Dave if you got out and spent a little time away from your little corner you’d soften your ranting.

BTW, Groton is hardly over run with tourists, Mansfield is busy on 3 trails, and kicking out the tourists still leaves MRG pretty busy. Without tourism, say goodbye to diversity of food in towns, most bike shops, most ski shops, the kitchen store, and say hello to everything being purchased on line because almost every town center would be vacant.

^Blah blah blah. I've done my research and know the history of tourism. Last thing VT should be doing is looking to increase it's service economy. Try and make it about me? Fuck you and have a nice day.

looks like i picked the wrong week to quit drinking
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Then what?

We're you born and raised in Vermont?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Great discussion, lol
    #riveted