Page 185 of 235 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 5864
    he's fucking with you...train7 was busy drinking beer at Bear
    Ewood met with and captured a pic of the elusive Aldo on catwalk ....but it might be my thumb...

Gorilla in the mist!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If the weather forecast improves for next Saturday @K- who's down to party? And if doesn't, same question

NE Roll Call 18/19

tremblant was good today, if not quite as good as the mont alta party. so much snow, so soft. can’t find a patch of dirt or rock in the moguls anywhere. heard there’s more snow on the way too. i could keep doing this for awhile.

i forgot, these free 178 rossi 4s’s in the free pile looked like a decent bump ski if someone is looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5360.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	277576
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    If the weather forecast improves for next Saturday @K- who's down to party? And if doesn't, same question
    Me, fine sir. My 17 y.o. suddenly has developed an interest in bumps, so I'm psyched to get some use out of the K spring pass!

Yesterday...top of Superstar. That spine down skiers left was a pretty cool feature. It's piled up high.

Bear was a bit nicer. Seemed like a good crowd. Full parking lot at least.

Great weather to close out the season at Ragged today. Fun little bump line left over from their comp last weekend was enough to beat the shit out of my back. My kid even trusted me to take his picture. Not sure if it's Insta worthy though.

NE Roll Call 18/19

Today was about sugaring. Collecting requires some significant iron.

Name:	IMG_3232.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	277579

Name:	IMG_3233.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	277580

I needed something more than boiled hot dogs and eggs.

Name:	IMG_3234.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	277581

sweet rigs.
    fun, sticky and slow to close 'er out at da mighty mighty
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    tremblant was good today, if not quite as good as the mont alta party. so much snow, so soft. can’t find a patch of dirt or rock in the moguls anywhere. heard there’s more snow on the way too. i could keep doing this for awhile.
    Yea man great spring weekend w some great peeps up in the laurentians.

Looks like tremblant and area gets a pow day tomorrow. Wish I coulda stayed up.
    27° 18°

Name:	IMG_0284.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	277584
    Perfect closer at magic. You better peel away, peel away the corn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Gorilla in the mist!

funny...he hadn't even seen this pic from Sat at K but nailed it

Name:  Where's Aldo.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  66.4 KB

the ever elusive Aldo again ...or is that train's thumb (like following an escher, my head hurts too)

Name:  thumb or Aldo's butt.JPG
Views: 420
Size:  52.7 KB

Yee
    Do epic sh!t
    haw!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jhyatt; 04-08-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

VT FTH,i'll drop one off tomorrow have a little project right below you.not sure why but my PMs to you dont seem to be going thru,i assume you didn't get them.a coulpe more left

It ain't over until you've been slacking it on Memorial Day Weeekend. 2019 Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest, skiing, chillin, grillin on the Northeast Snowfields; ski you there.

Bring your cooler, load the kids into the old bus and give the Mount Washington Auto Road some business. Lawn chairs are optional. Tropical shirts, shorts and straw hats may be in evidence.

The Annual 10th Mountain Memorial Day Slalom will be set all three days (if the Otto Rhode is open). It's not a race, it is a way to remember.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Get yor lift tickets for the headwall early. Sales are limited to 1500. And they do sell out.... Especially on memorial day weekend.

Name:	24345954-E822-4F74-8F69-44D7D4D5BCCC.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	277638

Finally got back over to Washington/Agiocochook this weekend! The pack is DEEP up there.

Had the pleasure of "guiding" visiting pro dude Forrest Shearer who was in town for the Wild Corn event, my only qualifications being that I owned a pair of crampons and an ice axe and used to have a TGR business card. Also, I could point out the general area, in the complete pea soup conditions, in which one or two runs could be found.

Forrest had soup soup with lunch following the pea soup for breakfast, so I thought y'all would be pumped

Then we checked out Wild Corn, and holy shit I can't believe people can send on skimo gear like they did.

Lots of people there, great event. Psyched to see it go down at black, where I hadn't skied in 20 years.

All wood skis from 1928 with a flex rating of 14/10 mounted with touring bindings. Amazing!

Sunday we tried to rebate before Forrest's three pm Logan flight with an alpine start, which produced some pretty moments and lots more pea soup.

After riding the soft snow/crust mix with a degree of grace that has eluded me on steeps snowboarding, and saying later to Forrest, I went back up with a friend running a intro bc course for the high school he teaches at (in his free time, for free, super cool) and rode worse and worse over the course of the rest of the day to claw back the boost in self esteem I'd gained from my first run.

Although it took most of the day for the sun to come out, it was a beautiful day and awesome to see how many strong skiers and riders were shredding the place, def inspired to get back up there and try (again) to do the same. Deep snowpack should make for a long corn season!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Sickter. Spancered pro radness. Nicely done, and that morning light pic, sickter.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post

Then we checked out Wild Corn, and holy shit

Lots of people there, great event.

Although it took most of the day for the sun to come out, it was a beautiful day and awesome to see how many strong skiers and riders were shredding the place, def inspired to get back up there and try (again) to do the same. Deep snowpack should make for a long corn season!
    The dude with the old trolley at wild corn was awesome. I am now a Swampdog fan. Fun times at the mid station.
    The band at night at the awards ceremony also rocked.
    Sunday afternoon on the rockpile got sunnier and sunnier. Chatted with the Burton rep at the top of GOS. Just positive vibes and good times.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Looks like a memorable day WDG, not often you get to tour with a ripper like Forrest. I hope you got some Jones/pataguchi kickdowns for your "guiding" services.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Looks like a memorable day WDG, not often you get to tour with a ripper like Forrest. I hope you got some Jones/pataguchi kickdowns for your "guiding" services.
    No gear handouts, but a bigger reward for me of getting a few tips and watching the magic of a seasoned pro, and knowing that after a lot of nights at Planet Fitness and ski tours to ride awful snow, I could keep up with him (for the most part, on the uphill at least, as long as he hadn't eaten breakfast and didn't know where he was going)

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

No gear handouts, but a bigger reward for me of getting a few tips and watching the magic of a seasoned pro, and knowing that after a lot of nights at Planet Fitness and ski tours to ride awful snow, I could keep up with him (for the most part, on the uphill at least, as long as he hadn't eaten breakfast and didn't know where he was going)

IIIIIII'm pretty sure it was my ironman pace in Nebraska Notch that whipped you into shape. You're welcome.

NE Roll Call 18/19

IIIIIII'm pretty sure it was my ironman pace in Nebraska Notch that whipped you into shape. You're welcome.
    Maine, right?

eta: coming down pretty decently in montreal
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Yeah def gonna need another session with Coach Biggins to prep for corn season, which is seemingly coming in June this year. More time to train!

I'm sure and probably not a good plan to even attempt to keep up with him on the down, that dude hucks cliffs like they are bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I'm sure and probably not a good plan to even attempt to keep up with him on the down, that dude hucks cliffs like they are bumps.
    Haha yeah I mean I intentionally navigated us to the worst vis and snow so he'd be forced to keep his speed down my level

Bearly beat the rain.

Name:	8514BBA4-AF3B-4B75-AED0-AD6087CDBCC9.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	289.0 KB 
ID:	277828