Page 69 of 235 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5864

NE Roll Call 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    You can go skin anywhere for a workout.
    You skin where there is no snow? In my region of the state it is common for there to be not enough snow in the nearby bc to skin (like right now), so the ski areas are it.
    Last edited by Generalstark; 01-04-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Why not just go skate ski or classic ski or bushwhack around some of the many available areas for such and stay away from the gong show?
    The better question is why are you so concerned about what others choose to do with their free time?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89F69EB9-D663-4FFC-BB55-66F550DA9EDE.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	262927

Fast and firm on empty slopes tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Snow, I don’t trample the moss, love that stuff.
    Gonna wander down your way in the next few weeks, need some edges fine tuned. And lets ski some laps.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Gonna wander down your way in the next few weeks, need some edges fine tuned. And lets ski some laps.
    Sounds good. We just put the new stone in, she’s cutting like a champ. I’m bringing my race skis in tomorrow. Innkeepers starts on Tuesday. Need to get them juiced!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Lulz

Conditions are perfect right now to tour the forest until you drop from exhaustion, suck it up and get after it!
    The snow was pretty nice on my lunch break tour and nary a soul to be found.

Name:	IMG_4422.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	262954

^
    Tasty!

Name:	A60A03DC-03A1-4A66-B224-E98C7B75F386.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	861.7 KB 
ID:	262959

Today was fun.

Only a kook ass tourists skins a resort in the am. The real locals hit that shit when the last bar closes to push the liquor deep.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Sounds good. We just put the new stone in, she’s cutting like a champ. I’m bringing my race skis in tomorrow. Innkeepers starts on Tuesday. Need to get them juiced!
    Just got a few pairs done on that stone. Picked up tonight so not on snow yet (tomorrow AM), but seems impressive. Great shop, IMO.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

Name:	A60A03DC-03A1-4A66-B224-E98C7B75F386.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	861.7 KB 
ID:	262959

Today was fun.

Only a kook ass tourists skins a resort in the am. The real locals hit that shit when the last bar closes to push the liquor deep.
    That's it!

Caterpillar sleep in the bathtub
    Fairy always wade in the sink
    Butterfly arrive in the bedroom
    Beauty fly away on a wing

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    You skin where there is no snow? In my region of the state it is common for there to be not enough snow in the nearby bc to skin (like right now), so the ski areas are it.
    There are way less people skinning a lap at a ski area when the woods are filled in. Also realize that some people have kids skiing at the resort so need to stick around and skinning a lap is arguably better than the bar.

Sent from a friggin hundert foot cliff!
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/04/n...gtype=Homepage
    Got to get there this season. How much more snow is needed to ski the woods?

Caterpillar sleep in the bathtub
    Fairy always wade in the sink
    Butterfly arrive in the bedroom
    Beauty fly away on a wing

[/QUOTE]

Something I saw earlier, seemed appropriate and probably accurate.

Phish fans - most likely to commit securities fraud

Disco Biscuits Fans - most likely to have been wearing the hoodie you see them in for 4 weeks without washing it

Umphreys fans - most likely to put a virus on your computer if you don’t like a song called “hogwash junction”

Bump to 21:00

New Years was great and an awesome time spent with the Barber!

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    There are way less people skinning a lap at a ski area when the woods are filled in. Also realize that some people have kids skiing at the resort so need to stick around and skinning a lap is arguably better than the bar.

I don’t know, been at the skinning game for over 20 years, have two kids, and never once thought skinning an open resort is better than a bar. YMMV, some people like tindr, some people like prostitution, and some people like real connections.
    Last edited by Boreas; 01-05-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Personally I have never skinned a resort while lifts are spinning. I get that it works for some. I have skinned a non-spinning resort plenty. Like when skiing is shit fuck and there are a couple resorts in Maine that are closed mid-week. Early season is dumping, but woods not there hit the resorts a few times this year. Good dump-been to Saddleback a bunch which has not spun lifts for a while.

Early morning before lifts spin-hell yeah I have grabbed some pow. Much rather put energy there than a bar any day of the week.

Skied 11 days this year, all skinning (going to ride lifts today for first time today) of the 11, 4 were at closed resort and 2 were at Saddleback so half so far. Just another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    The better question is why are you so concerned about what others choose to do with their free time?
    I don't really care, I just don't understand the need to be at the resort for exercise. No snow where you live? Sounds like a bad day to go ski. People say telemark is dead. Three Pin gear is the missing component here. Driving to the resort for a little workout to skin and ski groomers vs heading out back for a ski on light tele gear....or hitting some forest roads near the resort seems weird to me, but hey that's just my perspective.

Understanding that people are trying to work there with heavy equipment means trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. To me that meant saving resort laps for when conditions are just too good to pass up. Like 3-4 times a year, or preseason when operations are basically not happening.

Listen to him. He knows what is best for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Listen to him. He knows what is best for all of us.
    Yeah, 'cause that's what I said. Specifically, the part about it being "My Perspective".

Several times in the past few seasons my wife used the ski lifts and I skined. Saves a bit of cash, we both get what we want out of skiing and we meet up for lunch. Since Winter is about to be renewed, I'll be skiing well away from resorts for a bit.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Yeah, 'cause that's what I said. Specifically, the part about it being "My Perspective".
    Is that your Garden State perspective or your Green Mountain State perspective?
    Either way you’re always the smartest guy in the room

I don’t know, been at the skinning game for over 20 years, have two kids, and never once thought skinning an open resort is better than a bar. YMMV, some people like tindr, some people like prostitution, and some people like real connections.
    Different strokes for different folks... I’ve been at the skinning game for 25 years and it hasn’t been until the last few that I could wrap my head around skinning a resort.

For the record my point is related to ski areas that provide dedicated up trails for skinning and a day/season pass. Just seems like a good business decision to me given how many people are interested in skinning resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really care, I just don't understand the need to be at the resort for exercise.
    Is it a reading comprehension issue you’re struggling with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is skinning at a resort like tndr or hookers? I must be doing it wrong

I <heart> hot tele-moms

If yer doing it at all,
    yer doing it wrong....