Page 167 of 229 FirstFirst ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 5711
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Iíve had a few issues using kick wax. The first is the amount required on fat skis. It takes a lot of cover to get any decent kick. Next, since your skins donít have a proper wax pocket (like a double cambered XC ski does) it wears off quickly. That may not be a bad thing, but be aware. Finally, you may want to put your skins on during your tour and the kick wax and your skin glue wonít like one another much.

I believe robrox also has experience using kick wax on alpine skis so maybe he will chime in.
    It works okay for old school gear...Kazamas and such. I have used it with my Crossbows (82mm underfoot) for a long, low-angle approach. Recommeded to bring a stout scraper just in case it doesn't wear off.

I would not consider it for any of my newer skis, all at or over 100mm underfoot.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Toured in The Zone today. Noticed that the cover is getting deep at the sweet spot...almost 7.5 feet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0312191157c.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	534.2 KB 
ID:	273763

Thattaway to the Waterfall line, not a good choice for a solo skier.

Name:	0312191216d.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	526.7 KB 
ID:	273764

About 5-6 inches of powder with a few pellets at 3400", enough to hide the crust lurking a foot down. Crust free turns above 1800'.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Hey fellas, some of you guys Iíve met a few times and some Iíve just talked with. Anyways, just posted this over in gimp central-

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ecovery/page73

Got a text to go touring this weekend, and I forget what other tentative skiing plans I have for March, some with Mags, but Iím down and out for a while.

Warning-there is one pic that is somewhat graphic/cringeworthy... click at your own discretion
    Total bummer. Hopefully by this time next year you will come to see your injury as life altering in a good way. You'll better appreciate skiing and other activities that you've probably taken for granted until now. Heal fast.

Bummed to read your account T, such a freak accident. Best for a full and speedy recovery!

Thanks to all for the encouraging words and support!

NE Roll Call 18/19

Heal fast T. Broke my tibial plateau a few years ago as well. Even had the external fixater to boot. Quad strength will be key for you hence forth, but you'll get back to normal. Take'r easy homie, you'll be back in no time.

Bummer about the accident. Don't start rethinking it, didn't work for me when I crushed my arm. You were having fun skiing with friends and something changed that, an accident.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bummer about the accident. Don't start rethinking it, didn't work for me when I crushed my arm. You were having fun skiing with friends and something changed that, an accident.
    +1.

Bummer, heal up quick. Sounds like you've got a good plan as far as starting PT as soon as possible (and you'll probably have to ask), best of luck not letting it get into your head. I busted my tibia (boot-top fracture) a few years ago, and while the recovery process sucked and there might be some long-term effects, I was able to get back to enjoying skiing and other inherently risky activities without a lot of second-guessing (although I did turn my bindings down). If you're hanging out here, I'm guessing you have the right motivation to get through it as well.

The Mount Washington Observatory web cam network experienced several cam failures in February. They are still down. The Tuckerman Ravine cam on Wildcat is one of them. More info here: https://www.mountwashington.org/prem...s/default.aspx

If you want to help contact the Obs via their page: https://www.mountwashington.org/abou...ontact-us.aspx

Sorry to hear T, hope the healing process goes well.

Glad to see things looking good in VT these days. Laurentians skied really well on the weekend. Managed to get in a good storm day on Sunday. Pretty much was able to drive up before it started nuking and looks like 25 to 35 cms dropped (about 1') while we were lapping the rez. Then had a super sweet XC in town yesterday evening during magic hour. Did not take one pic. I really have to get better at that.

Headed to mines Friday for a week in the hut. The wx looks AMAZING!!!
    24į 06į

Heal up quick T, sorry to hear that. As has been saidó the rewards for getting back out there after a serious injury are more than worth the effort. Good luck with recovery.

Oh shit man, so sorry to read. Sure you will be at it next year.

In other news, WTF is going on at Huntah?

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...k-13682651.php

^this is hard to understand. Also, one guy, RIP, died of a chest wound? Is that more common than I think it is? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    ^this is hard to understand. Also, one guy, RIP, died of a chest wound? Is that more common than I think it is? Yikes.
    One died of a chest wound from hitting a boulder with his chest, another of cardiac contusion (hitting chest on something), and the third struck a tree.

All were 'experienced' in that they skied a handful of times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Oh shit man, so sorry to read. Sure you will be at it next year.

In other news, WTF is going on at Huntah?

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...k-13682651.php
    The 10-year average at more than 450 ski areas is 38 deaths per year.

I thought it was higher since Cannon has one death per year in the last 3 years. And I would guess Cannon has less skier-days than K the Bush or Steaux. Or even loon and wachusett.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Hey fellas, some of you guys Iíve met a few times and some Iíve just talked with. Anyways, just posted this over in gimp central-

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ecovery/page73

Got a text to go touring this weekend, and I forget what other tentative skiing plans I have for March, some with Mags, but Iím down and out for a while.

Warning-there is one pic that is somewhat graphic/cringeworthy... click at your own discretion
    Dude sorry to hear this! Hope you have a good recovery and I'm sure you'll get through it and back out there strong.

I had an incident out at Alta in 2009 skiing with my dad after a 3' dump in December on top of limited base. Basically hit a small drop to what looked like a soft landing but was 3' of blower on top of a large rock field. Blown up knee, bad bruising, femur frature, Strained MCL, a little meniscus tear maybe....no where near your injury, but still pretty shitty.

Did some PT, went to gym on my own, and recovered to ski the back end of that season...still skiing stong years later with no issues on the knee, and I've mostly forgotten about it. You'll get there man!

Faak, sorry ttheeast. Heal up.

Twig stoke

Yikes TTE! Although it should heal up by next season

Went exploring today and it was WELL worth it.

Name:	Ethan-9921.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	273887

Name:	Ethan-9936.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	845.1 KB 
ID:	273888

Name:	Ethan Tree-9929.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	273895

Name:	Ethan-9940.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	942.1 KB 
ID:	273897
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Bigly twigly

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Faak, sorry ttheeast. Heal up.

Twig stoke
    That's the way to do it, twig stoke! good luck t east.

NEK and jackstraw split POTD honors, well done gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Name:	Ethan Tree-9929.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	273895
    alltime
    go Go GO!

18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    NEK and jackstraw split POTD honors, well done gentlemen!
    You read my mind!

Any thoughts on the forecast for this Friday Saturday Sunday? This week was awesome but warm. Now something is supposed to come out of the sky?
    Thinking Stowe or Burke or maybe Jay or the cog. I just dont want that stuff that turns to ice coating.
    I am finding the forecasts confusing... Insights? Trying to plan.
    Danke

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Any thoughts on the forecast for this Friday Saturday Sunday? This week was awesome but warm. Now something is supposed to come out of the sky?
    Thinking Stowe or Burke or maybe Jay or the cog. I just dont want that stuff that turns to ice coating.
    I am finding the forecasts confusing... Insights? Trying to plan.
    Danke

Le sigh.

Temps will rise above freezing EVERYWHERE in New England this evening and they will remain so through through Friday evening. This will be accompanied by some plain old rain. The inevitable flash freeze will bring with it a sprinkling of snow late Friday night and early Sunday morning. Temps will remain well below freezing for the remainder of the weekend.

Sooooo..... all of the choices you propose sound most agreeable. Should be #alltime