Page 130 of 235 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I'm not sure that would even be fun in ice skates
    It’s not often that the Meredith is a triple black.

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Journey East on Wednesday to check out The Zone. PM if interested.
    I ain't buttah but I PM'd you, Rob.

Sugarbush is 14 bucks this Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    You mean like hike for super mellow turns? Nah dude, I ride the lift and get high on every lap. Every lap.
    Go on now
    Sugarloaf is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    I don’t think this next storm is going to be enough to “bury the crust”. And it’s already looking like a major dud....
    based on NOAA this could be true....what a huge bummer about the Jay death....when whatever inches we get at the resorts get hammered we'll be back to the danger in the same day

No, that wont happen until Saturday. Not enough to scrape it down midweek.

wait a minute...is that frkn optimism from you Benny?

Would be nice to get some graupel-ish wet snow. Storm seems a bit warm? FussyD what u say?

[QUOTE=Bottleman;5590391 pure, unmitigated terror.[/QUOTE]

I bet even Glen Plake would be scared...

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I have the next 2 days off, where’s the party?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3022.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	609.3 KB 
ID:	269281

Possibly WF. Go west young man. I always got extra day passes.

I’ve never skied in New York, interested for sure. I’ll probably end up at Killington though. Drive looks heinous to Lake Placid. Thanks for the kind offer.
    crab in my shoe mouth

whiteface midweek with a foot would be pretty fun. killington and north look like sure things too right now. i’ll be skinning 500 vert laps up north before work, hopefully we get enough to cover the coral reef.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Would be nice to get some graupel-ish wet snow. Storm seems a bit warm? FussyD what u say?
    My .02,10:1 snow in general first, frozen mix for NH, s&c vt for a few hours+ then back to snow. mostly snow NoVT but warm air is trying to knock on our door also. Too tired to look at new data but wouldn't be surprised if warm air gets further north than forecast and beats up totals. Dacks likely do best with steaux (eastern slopes) winning on VT totals thru Wed night but it would not surprise me if n&w valleys in VT get more than hills.

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    wait a minute...is that frkn optimism from you Benny?
    I'm washing the truck and only bringing rock skis just in case. I think it's a trap.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Stowe is looking better. Unless there's a breeze, of course.

there's gonna be a breeze
    going to sharpen (or try) the minimal edge remaining on some narrow skis just in case...
    free beer on Jeff Benny :-)

Shitton of wind with this one. I think it's a legitimate blizzard here in Onterrible. Y'all have fun with this one and keep me posted on the soup sitch!!

The unfortunate accident that took Bruces' life is really sad. Most of these reported ski deaths leave one in the same space as a random car accident. You know they had a life and will be missed but there is no connection. In this case we have a report from Mr. Multiglisse along with a picture of a fellow skier and tailgater enjoying a good grilling. Bruce looks like someone who would have fit in perfectly at Killington in May.
    Having recently lost a friend to cancer at 50 and thinking about the fun times we had since the mid 80's makes me realize the hole people leave. Lets hope everyone touched personally by this can patch that hole.

Enough melancholy for today.

2` and dead calm bob under hazy skies.

The incoming storm looks to have sleet mixing in and wind from S- SE early which isn't good for bush/Vailmont™. The frozen shit that gave t-the-east nightmares is also the underlying base. Skiing anywhere off groomed areas will require razor sharp skis to bite into the surface as a foot of snow isn't enough to charge around off trail imho. On my Sunday tour I found anywhere there was a track, even a single one, my ski crampons wouldn't sink into the surface. I had to skin to the side the whole time. Watch out for the 4 or 5 weeks worth of branches that are laying on top of the snow now.
    Fridays wet snow is what we need. Presidents week, not so much.

Love how warm weather brings out the postholing douchebags for a 3 abreast skin track walk, over a half mile of mush misery.

Name:	20190210_112003.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	939.4 KB 
ID:	269319

Some nice Stein Shine yesterday. Winch cat currently out of service so it might not get flattened for tomorrow.

Name:	20190211_130227.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	694.4 KB 
ID:	269320

Could use an FT12 heel, anyone holding?

Name:	20190212_085922.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	715.5 KB 
ID:	269321
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Still on the fence about whether or not I should make the drive this afternoon for this storm. I was thinking Stratton since its on the Ikon and Magic isn't an option. Just don't know if it'll be enough to make the woods fun up there. I'd be pissing people off at work, which I'm ok doing every once in a while. Just not sure if this is the one.

A foot of snow not enough to find quiet and soft turns? Hmm. It will be for me. I guess I know the "Secret" to skiing shallow pow over the reef. It's all about angles.

Going slow on skis made from recycled yogurt cups and tampax™ tubes in cow pastures?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

In a foot of snow. Not likely. In an inch of snow, maybe. Still better than sitting at the BOB watching the lifts swing in the wind. If it snows a foot, and you can't find some fun then that's on you. I'll be stoked and floating down a glade somewhere in my backyard with just the right pitch. Why so cunty bro? It's gonna snow.

Lol, cunty? hahaha
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Winds are definitely a concern tomorrow. I'll be heading towards the Bush with skins on hand just in case.