Page 150 of 235 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 5864

NE Roll Call 18/19

Got out for a night ski up north at Avila and the cold temps had really dried out to Monday's 4 to 6” found in the stashes. Better than expected! Also was nice to catch a sunset and watch the racers practice.

Opted for the heartier chilly option but the pea soup looked damn tasty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2554.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	271650
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    The Bottles are getting to see the Loaf in all it's breezy glory, see you at the bag later
    Cheeseburger soup pics or it didn’t happen!

^^^Are those donuts? I would like to hence forth encourage donut stoke in this here thread...

Is bringing your own cutlery to the base lodge a Canadian thing?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

cat, Hope you had a good Western Loop! I’m headed to Banff next week but will be back home mid March if you want to hook up for some Spring laps sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Are those donuts? I would like to hence forth encourage donut stoke in this here thread...
    Yes! Fruit and caramel filling. +1 on donut stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Is bringing your own cutlery to the base lodge a Canadian thing?
    Sadly not, more of a danmelon thing. Trying to reduce my plastic waste footprint man.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    cat, Hope you had a good Western Loop! I’m headed to Banff next week but will be back home mid March if you want to hook up for some Spring laps sometime.
    Enjoy Banff. Very good trip-mounties didn't impound my car like last time. 6 days at Montana resorts with the day with your bro a highlight and then 9 days touring in BC. Definitely hit me up when you get back

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Cheeseburger soup pics or it didn’t happen!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8504.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	273.0 KB 
ID:	271672

Does a bubblecuffer at D’ellies count???

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Trying to reduce my plastic waste footprint man.
    Good on ya. I’m giving up plastic straws and have decided to only use rolled up bills for my consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Good on ya. I’m giving up plastic straws and have decided to only use rolled up bills for my consumption.
    Franklins only, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    sweet dude, every bit counts! Pro tip: make sure they are crisp to avoid hep C
    27° 18°

I rode the lift with a guy last week (at Vail) who said the only place he ever saw a guy snort a line off of the urinal was at the Riptide (The Rippah) in Marblehead.

edit: I think he said it was the first time he ever saw it, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    sweet dude, every bit counts! Pro tip: make sure they are crisp to avoid hep C

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Highest wind gust at my house today in the past 15 years - 57 MPH. Average wind speed of 40 MPH. Surprised I still have power.

We ALWAYS lose power, so we loaded up on wood, gassed up the generator, ran the cord and busted out all the candles and lights... Not even a flicker. We lose power from a strong fart, I couldn’t believe the lights stayed on.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    It was! My short lens is broken right now (there's a plastic piece in it with little tabs that are known to break off after a few years of rough use... thankfully a replacement part is only $6, now I just gotta take the damn thing apart), so I've only had the telephoto for the past two weeks. It shoots great pics, I need to use it more. Link to it here for interested . Thing takes damn good photos for $150!

Glad y'all are enjoying them. It's been fun to come back East and see the terrain & and skiing here, and just the mountains in general, in a very different way after all the years out West.
    Just bought a used a6000 with the two kit lenses for $500 on ebay. For anyone skiing with me - you'll be a movie staah!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

I’d bet money she beat you.

Does she ever lose at anything?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We ALWAYS lose power, so we loaded up on wood, gassed up the generator, ran the cord and busted out all the candles and lights... Not even a flicker. We lose power from a strong fart, I couldn’t believe the lights stayed on.
    There were a lot of power outages around Albany. Seems most of the frequent power outages at my house are caused by jerks crashing into the utility poles on the main road near my house. I know to pull out the generator when I hear the sirens.

Mrs. 2nd Mate tore her ACL so I am selling a "Great Big Kingdom Card" over in gear swap. The card is pre-loaded with 3 adult tickets for Burke or Jay for the 18/19 season. The tickets can be redeemed at the counter in any manner, 3 tix for 3 diff folks on the same day, 1 tix for you for 3 days, ect ect. No restrictions on dates. price is $189.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    There were a lot of power outages around Albany. Seems most of the frequent power outages at my house are caused by jerks crashing into the utility poles on the main road near my house. I know to pull out the generator when I hear the sirens.

Our power lines don’t go along the road, they are for some reason tucked behind the houses and through the woods. We are the sole full timers at the very end of the line- the end of a dead end dirt road that’s at the end of a dirt road- so we are always dead last to get it back too.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I’d bet money she beat you.

Does she ever lose at anything?
    The bottlewoman has many skillz. Hoops ain’t one of em. You owe me a nickel, guy

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Skied NW of Black yesterday and the wind had its way on most aspects (we were on NE slopes) I would imagine it has been pretty wind scoured. There may be some lee zones. My thinking is once it gets cut up some with traffic woods will ski well. Only $25 on Friday's if you can do a relaxed drive by

Bottleman edit looking like a snowstorm Saturday night to Sunday. You should really try to stay over to Sunday if it happens. Mountain will be in its best condition to have a fun time at
    Appreciate the feedback. Have a Loaf voucher from Tuesday’s blowdown so may just stay here an extra day. Would love to stretch the trip through Sunday but not sure I can make that happen. The thought of skiing freshies on this base (holy shit there’s a ton of snow up here) is super tempting but potentially unpossible because of work responsibilities. With that said, I have been known to blow off work once or twice

The bottlewoman has many skillz. Hoops ain’t one of em. You owe me a nickel, guy

Dang! Nickel it is!

The thought of skiing freshies on this base (holy shit there’s a ton of snow up here) is super tempting but potentially unpossible because of work responsibilities. With that said, I have been known to blow off work once or twice
    Wait, you work...thought you were a retired dentist, who knew!

And FTR, I'll need to hear it from Mrs B that you won the shootout because I don't believe it for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Wait, you work...thought you were a retired dentist, who knew!

And FTR, I'll need to hear it from Mrs B that you won the shootout because I don't believe it for a second.
    And ...... that’s another nickel. I am a dime store millionaire!!!

NE Roll Call 18/19

Just chiming in to also express my disbelief at the bottleones employment status. No way man, unless it involves sampling daily resort menu offerings.
    Last edited by danmelon; 02-27-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    27° 18°