Page 206 of 235 FirstFirst ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 5864
    There was some silly grass skiing going on the bush sunday. I was laughing my ass off a few times. so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guy in Shorts View Post
    Thanks to all for showing up to help celebrate my 60th. As normal May is Maggot month at The Beast. Best Baker in Killington made my cake. See ya all again on Friday.
    That cake was moist

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Guy in Shorts View Post
    Thanks to all for showing up to help celebrate my 60th. As normal May is Maggot month at The Beast. Best Baker in Killington made my cake. See ya all again on Friday.
    Right on! Happy 60th sir. Thanks for letting maggots invade the Kzone zone.

Thanks for the heads up on beer selection at paradise deli. They have Schilling from Littleton NH! I am liking upper pass brews.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

NE Roll Call 18/19

Way to get after it till the end guys! Had a great beach vibes weekend at my favorite closed versant (is there an English word for that?).

(Shoulda taken this one from the other side)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3027.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	672.2 KB 
ID:	281628

Still way fat for May turns

Name:	IMG_3040.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	281629

Name:	IMG_3039.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	281630

Super aloha vibes w non mag ansel

Name:	IMG_3066.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	281631

Hoping for a couple more ski days 🤞🏼
    27° 18°

Sunday, SUNDAY, Sunday...

I have no obligations of any kind and the weather looks decent. See y'all out there. Still planning on Fri afternoon as well unless the rain/thunder really picks up. VIVA LA GLACIER!!

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Nice scorpion!

Fridays birthday party looks like a washout, better order less cake. Sat/Sun looking like fun in the sun/some clouds

FridayRain before 8am, then showers, mainly after 8am. High near 52. South wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Friday NightShowers likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. South wind 8 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

SaturdayPartly sunny, with a high near 51. Northwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Saturday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 37. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.

SundayA 30 percent chance of showers after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 54. South wind 3 to 6 mph.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Who's in for Saturday?

Bad news skiers and riders, the weather for Friday looks downright terrible with heavy rain and high winds forecasted for the majority of the day. Although they say if you don’t like the weather in Vermont just wait a minute, it looks like we’ll need to wait out the entire day. Please be aware of the following changes to our operations plan for this weekend:

We will not open for skiing and riding on Friday, May 10th
    We will have a delayed opening on Saturday, May 11th at 9:00 a.m. to give our groomers extra time to complete the grooming plan given the cold temps forecasted for Friday night.
    Our 200th Day Celebration has been moved to Saturday, be sure to join us for $20 lift tickets and free cake.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    edited since I was freaking wrong.
    Looks like you were right the first time.

Got any other future visions for us? How about the lottery numbers for next week?

Sunday for me. See y'all out there.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but it appears to me that the $20 deal is on Friday, not Saturday. Online price for Saturday is listed at $55.

[FONT="]200TH DAY CELEBRATION
    [/FONT]

”Killington, home of the Longest Season in the East, is excited to celebrate 200 days of skiing and riding for the 2018/19 season on Friday, May 10. Join us for $20 lift tickets*, live music and drink specials on the Michelob Ultra Deck at the Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar, and free cake** from Dream Makers Bakers served at 2:00 p.m.

*$20 lift tickets are valid for all ages and no other discounts or BOGO's can be applied to the offer.
    **Free cake will be provided while supplies last.”
    FKNA - K'ton just announced they will be closed tomorrow due to weather making Saturday their 200th day so the $20 ticket, cake, etc. will all be available on Saturday.

See you mags there!

Killington gets it, they just do. Love that place.
    I’ll be there for first chairs, woot.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Killington gets it, they just do. Love that place.
    I’ll be there for first chairs, woot.
    AM clouds, PM sun. Choose your timing wisely.

I like being there for the early groomer laps.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Friday not open due to weather . . . 9:00 am open on Saturday, 200 day celebration too!!!

Good to see some of you last weekend, and hope to see some of you this weekend!!!

Always brightens my day when I see MrsG. reat seeing you last Sunday.

The cake is surprisingly good an worth the trip up the hill if you are nearby.

Will be there with Buttah, Peruvian, Biggins (Sunday) and Goniff and a cast of other characters both days.

Bottleman, you and Mrs. B need to make the trip south. I have one RFID card if you want to save the $5.

We will be firing the grill for lunch so bring along the cooler for the tailgate party.

I already know Ski The East doesn't get much love around here, but man is their latest video a whole new low. Terrible, terrible skiing. Just a bunch of kids doing stupid stuff on stupid lines. Throwing skis sideways trying to fake face shots in spring corn. Gimme a break.

This clip is a gem:

https://youtu.be/oDUKjpmfBC8?t=226

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I like being there for the early groomer laps.
    LOL, that lasted about 30 minutes before bump city last Sunday, but you know that.

dangar you must be on another level of skiing than most. knowing 2 of the young men since they were kids i can bet that they could ski circles around you unless you are one of the top skiers around.if you want to see bad form there are plenty of shots and videos on this thread that demonstrate this kind bad skiing form. regardless these kids are out there doing what they love on a daily basis while many are just watching on their keyboards just saying

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    I already know Ski The East doesn't get much love around here, but man is their latest video a whole new low. Terrible, terrible skiing. Just a bunch of kids doing stupid stuff on stupid lines. Throwing skis sideways trying to fake face shots in spring corn. Gimme a break.

This clip is a gem:

https://youtu.be/oDUKjpmfBC8?t=226
    Huh? That's good skiing in my world. Or yah trollin?

and this here kid goes south for mothers day..
    still hoping for another day on SS
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Burke Mountain Academy in the sag:

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/05/...ai-au-saguenay
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by 2ski2fish4ever View Post
    dangar you must be on another level of skiing than most. knowing 2 of the young men since they were kids i can bet that they could ski circles around you unless you are one of the top skiers around.if you want to see bad form there are plenty of shots and videos on this thread that demonstrate this kind bad skiing form. regardless these kids are out there doing what they love on a daily basis while many are just watching on their keyboards just saying
    I should have clarified - The airs they were throwing are impressive anywhere, and especially so in that terrain. I can't do most of that stuff even in a manicured park, and certainly not in the back country. So I do respect that aspect of the video.

But the turns were ugly. Real ugly. The shots of them skiing the headwall is pretty standard stuff anybody can go see from 90% of the skiers up there on any spring day in the bowl. It's just not special.

Plus, that one part where the dude dropped the waterfall (normally known as the icefall, but in this video almost totally melted out) - I expected him to plunge through a water hole when he landed. That is straight up stupid skiing, particularly in light of some of the incidents up there this spring.

I'm def not knocking anybody for doing what they love. I'm glad they're out there doing it. But it was not, in my opinion, what I have come to expect from STE videos. While it didn't come across clearly in my first post, the comment is intended more to be an observation of the content STE is putting out, than on the skills of athletes (although here those two things are very closely related).