Page 174 of 235 FirstFirst ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5864

NE Roll Call 18/19

I got rerouted this morning at work from Underhill to Rutland which killed my lunch break touring plans on Mansfield. Made lemonade out of it at Brandon Gap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4961.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	275415

Name:	IMG_4972.JPG 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	275416

My guess was about 12” down, maybe a touch more. Wetter down low, dry on the top half. Surfy, easy turns and not a single scrape.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    I got rerouted this morning at work from Underhill to Rutland which killed my lunch break touring plans on Mansfield. Made lemonade out of it at Brandon Gap.

Name:	IMG_4961.JPG 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	275415

Name:	IMG_4972.JPG 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	275416

My guess was about 12” down, maybe a touch more. Wetter down low, dry on the top half. Surfy, easy turns and not a single scrape.
    Niiiice

I'm still convinced this is going to turn to rain overnight.

Ahhh screw it.

I think at this point my anti-jinxing had officially worked. I'll take the foot+ and be happy.

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Y’all not laughing at Josh Fox now, are you, huh? Fucking guy called it, and he’s a deadhead skier. Bob Weir, Bombs Away, motherfuckers!
    Too bad this isn’t a Tuesday afternoon, and not a Friday. Last big shitshow of the year? I’ll be looking for scraps tomorrow afternoon at Kmart, after working till noon.
    i read josh's post in bed a couple of nites back and couldn't sleep for an hour+. i believed and yes he fkng called it!
    he hits more than he misses, though took a couple of ugly swings this season.

NOAA concurred very soon after - and then it was all about getting mentally
    ready for the white knuckling/possible car camping.

drive safe everybody!

happy spring

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Y’all not laughing at Josh Fox now, are you, huh? Fucking guy called it, and he’s a deadhead skier. Bob Weir, Bombs Away, motherfuckers!
    Too bad this isn’t a Tuesday afternoon, and not a Friday. Last big shitshow of the year? I’ll be looking for scraps tomorrow afternoon at Kmart, after working till noon.
    Now batting .0012

Go on, now.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    i read josh's post in bed a couple of nites back and couldn't sleep for an hour+. i believed and yes he fkng called it!
    he hits more than he misses, though took a couple of ugly swings this season.

NOAA concurred very soon after - and then it was all about getting mentally
    ready for the white knuckling/possible car camping.

drive safe everybody!

happy spring
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Can’t wait to get out early, hoping it’s less heavy up high.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Josh is a huge Umphrey's fan btw, just figured that was worth noting (I resisted the vid clip post this time)! He's far from a hack and knows his shit but there are others locally I follow more closely because they have a more consistent average. Fwiw, he was the 3rd or 4th I saw to post about the possibility but he was first to go big and definitely nailed it so props are due.

Nice use of time Ayo.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Josh is a huge Umphrey's fan
    AND.....I stopped reading here

Never confuse luck with skill (Confucius says).

Nice that it's snowing. We should all be happy. I know I am.

When it snows I ski, when it doesn’t snow, I ski, cause I’m a skier. If you have to rely on a weather person instead of looking out your window to ski, you are doing something wrong.

I skied today. It was paste-tastic. I will be amidst the gong show in the am. I am stoked. I and I. Fallah-me-nah. Rastafari-I.

The paste was needed at VTvail. Nice up top though and some fun shots in the woods.

Any truth to the rumor you have to treat Harlow hill like little cottonwood canyon rd now on saturdays? Haven’t been up for a Saturday with fresh this season

^ have fun with that. wet snow is souper greazy
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by SlidewaysShooter View Post
    The paste was needed at VTvail. Nice up top though and some fun shots in the woods.

Any truth to the rumor you have to treat Harlow hill like little cottonwood canyon rd now on saturdays? Haven’t been up for a Saturday with fresh this season
    Lift spins at 7:30, get there at 7:15 and you'll score a good parking spot.

Enjoy the new snow y'all. [was bracketed by Texans at the sports bar watching the brackets]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Did anyone else enjoy I91 north of Lyndonville this evening? I’ve driven in some shitty conditions before, but damn...

It was amazing to see the snow pile up once we got up out of the Connecticut River valley.

Detailed Forecast

Tonight

Snow. Low around 19. Very windy, with a north wind 48 to 50 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

Don't see that from the nws often, up from 10"-14" in the last update, 3" an hour snowfall rates. The forecast discussion is a fun read.

Sitting at Logan, so I can't partake. Hopefully there will be photographic evidence by tomorrow night. SHRED!

Quote Originally Posted by savemeasammy View Post
    Did anyone else enjoy I91 north of Lyndonville this evening? I’ve driven in some shitty conditions before, but damn...

It was amazing to see the snow pile up once we got up out of the Connecticut River valley.
    Yuuup! It Got progressively worse (fkn awesome) on my drive at about 1pm, from Wells river heading north; The state plow guys call it a season?

In other news: it was fucking worth it! Best turns of the season for me.

Heading back up tomorrow Am. If anyone is around I'll be rocking Green pants, dark blue jacket, grey helmet, shit-eating grin.
    Non mag buddy, jake
    Name:  VideoCapture_20190322-234708.jpeg
Views: 712
Size:  51.4 KB

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Plows were held up in a lot of places yesterday by people off the road. They closed schools early at noon just as the storm was really cranking up. The plows couldn't stay ahead of the traffic.

Anyway, the wind is howling out there this morning. I can't believe we haven't lost power with all the snow stuck to the trees. Headed to Burke. Bringing the skins expecting lift holds.
    Tall guy in black with blue goggle lenses.

Power out at the Loaf... preparing diesel backup for certain lift ops. Git 'er done...But bring yer skins.

Winds holds all around at Ellen and the Bush.

So glad I got up early and shoveled for 45 min. to get here early.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Plows were held up in a lot of places yesterday by people off the road. They closed schools early at noon just as the storm was really cranking up. The plows couldn't stay ahead of the traffic.

Anyway, the wind is howling out there this morning. I can't believe we haven't lost power with all the snow stuck to the trees. Headed to Burke. Bringing the skins expecting lift holds.
    Tall guy in black with blue goggle lenses.
    31 inches at Burke
    Fack. Jealous
    . . .

planning on burke tomorrow for some sloppy seconds. i might have a buy one get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    31 inches at Burke
    Fack. Jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    31 inches at Burke
    Fack. Jealous
    Unable to post phone photos here for some reason. But I will say this....
    Today does not suck.

DEEPNESSSS

Longest lines I’ve ever seen at $towe today with only the triple running. Managed three triple laps before I gave up and skinned up Chin Clip for some nice creamy turns off the Bench.

Name:	IMG_2621.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	275499

Name:	IMG_2624.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	231.0 KB 
ID:	275500

Name:	IMG_5420.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	275503
    The sun is out at the base of Jay, and the top is socked in. There’s a bit of a line at the Bonnie.

Oh, and the snow is pretty good!