Page 42 of 235 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    MRG has some damn fun terrain for the EC and yeah snowboarders want to ride it. Pretty simple really.

They are living in the dark ages along with Alta and fucking DV is just a pompous douche hill with homes that have hydraulic decks that tilt so joey can ski off it.

The bottom line is they have an archaic policy just like Mickey Blake did, but to gloat about online is just so low and childish. Whoever is in charge of their social media is a kook. And yeah, I'm a better skier than whoever it is...tele or alpine!
    Marketing guy doesn't tele.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    There are literally over a dozen people here at MRG at this very moment that were here back in those days and they all say snowboards were allowed at some point. As for pics, I bet its somewhere in the archive but I'm not gonna go look.
    Well that's pretty strong evidence. ... but still....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Well that's pretty strong evidence. ... but still....
    I started skiing MRG in the early 80s and got my first season pass in 88. Snowboards were absolutely allowed on the single.

A thought, allowing boarding at MRG would not bring much, if any increase in revenue. There's the uphill capacity to limit traffic. The Single is probably the fastest fixed grip in operation in NorAm; some of those scything crew rides back down were amazing.

Even at its max speed (rarely used for obvious reasons), the limit is the limit. Because of the low traffic and the variety of ways down the snow lasts and the fun-factor is sustained right along with it.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    I started skiing MRG in the early 80s and got my first season pass in 88. Snowboards were absolutely allowed on the single.
    1986-87: Snowboards first allowed at MRG.
    1991-92: Snowboard ban begins at MRG.

https://www.madriverglen.com/history/

History gets in the way of a good story.

I've had some great days there myself. Fun Terrain. Can't believe no one has a pic of the single chair with snowboarder's riding it. Memory can be weird, eye witnesses are not reliable.

Wrong.
    Boarders had a short lived history on the single but as Benny knows sometimes it’s hard to get off a lift.

I've had some great days there myself. Fun Terrain. Can't believe no one has a pic of the single chair with snowboarder's riding it. Memory can be weird, eye witnesses are not reliable.
    Only in today’s age would someone claim it’s not true because you can’t find pics on the internet. BTW, you also negated your own story, “eye witnesses are not reliable.”

If a person with lots of disposable cash who owned a snowboard company wanted to make a huge PR statement they could buy Saddleback and make it boarders only.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    If a person with lots of disposable cash who owned a snowboard company wanted to make a huge PR statement they could buy Saddleback and make it boarders only.
    Now that would be a proper kook-fest

Marketing guy doesn't tele.......
    Oh, he snowboards?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Now that would be a proper kook-fest
    Their stickers could be:

Heel groom it you can

Their stickers could be:

Heel groom it you can
    Love it.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Only in today’s age would someone claim it’s not true because you can’t find pics on the internet. BTW, you also negated your own story, “eye witnesses are not reliable.”
    ^^^^^^^This.

they could finally have separate singles lanes for regular and goofy foot riders to ride up comfortably
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Didn't say it wasn't true. Don't put words in my mouth. I said there is strong evidence it did happen, but it was suprising there are no readily available photos. My friend was the guy in the story who was involved in the conversation with Betsy, so at the same time I give some credit to that version of events. A photo would settle that slight doubt.

Didn't say it wasn't true. Don't put words in my mouth. I said there is strong evidence it did happen, but it was suprising there are no readily available photos. My friend was the guy in the story who was involved in the conversation with Betsy, so at the same time I give some credit to that version of events. A photo would settle that slight doubt.
    If you insinuate over multiple posts that something may not have happened because there is no visible proof, one can deduce that you think it’s fraudulent. That’s not putting words in your mouth, it is observing your multiple posts highlighting that without photo evidence it validates your premise that it never happened.

Has anyone with a split board tried to load the single?

I dunno. I don't ski there anymore

Got too popular. On this I can agree with Dave. A victim of its own success.

I dunno. I don't ski there anymore

Got too popular. On this I can agree with Dave. A victim of its own success.
    No one skis there anymore, it’s too crowded.

NE Roll Call 18/19

Yes. And it hasn’t worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bluebird; 12-12-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Yes. And it hasn’t worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why don’t you allow split boards? If the objection to snowboards is the risk they cause during the unload off of the single, a split board seems like a pretty reasonable compromise... A split boarder would unload in the same manner as a skier, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Sounds like you're going to have to wait a bit for that collapse. Financials are sound. A whole lot better than say, Magic, I'll bet.
    Not only are you an interwebz douchebag, you're completely fucking clueless. Magic turned a profit last year and has invested big $$ in continuing to make things better/stronger. They have a big capital investment cash pool and sold more seasons passes in the pre-season than in any year since the early 80s. Fuck Benny, I'm skiing Magic.

Profit is an illusion.

Who's profiting from the profit? MRG is a commie co-op. The people rule.