Page 159 of 235 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Lol. I drive so little, go to resorts almost never....Bolton once this year, and drive less than 5000 miles per year. I'll compare my personal consumption to anyone active in here and wager I use less than half of the materials and energy than virtually all of you...because I make choices based on my personal impact on my surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Paywall ^^^
    sorry. fixed it. try this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...=.3bf25a5a0d37

NE Roll Call 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Lol. I drive so little, go to resorts almost never....Bolton once this year, and drive less than 5000 miles per year. I'll compare my personal consumption to anyone active in here and wager I use less than half of the materials and energy than virtually all of you...because I make choices based on my personal impact on my surroundings.

Yeah, if you guys could quit quoting DaveVt while I've got him on ignore....that'd be great.

Name:  that_would_be_great_office_space_bill_lumbergh.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  10.4 KB

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Back to some stoke...

Not NE, but all natural and 99.9% pure NE skiers in photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dpCQMT68TkqVp9ATVKApNg.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	742.7 KB 
ID:	272888

And what we hiked on our carbon feet to obtain:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_3391.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	272889

^^^Yaaassssss. Ou est?

Looking for info on current Thunderbolt conditions. Was it warm enough Monday so that it is frozen rock solid now?

Solitude for powder and Snowbird for bluebird.

Was a good time in spite of several EC mag encounters... MMP and Brock Landers along with a flyby of East or Bust.

Bob was very sad about the crowds and lack of snow:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_32fd.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	384.7 KB 
ID:	272893

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Back to some stoke...

Not NE, but all natural and 99.9% pure NE skiers in photo:

Name:	dpCQMT68TkqVp9ATVKApNg.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	742.7 KB 
ID:	272888

And what we hiked on our carbon feet to obtain:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_3391.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	272889
    Wrong thread jong!

So if your boss cut your pay in half and said, 'Hey I am paying you, stop being so nitpicky', you would be cool with that?

Please don't think that since the environmental impact is not zero, fuck it all.

The impact could be reduced. That is what everyone is (or should) be trying to do, if possible.

The costs to the community and VT are externalized for the most part. In the future they will have to tighten regs to keep things on track. Just like that have been doing.

Sorry to derail, but that mentality really bothers me.

Yes skiing in June is fun, but also sort of gross.

Quote Originally Posted by JaBr View Post
    We all take part in and enjoy a sport/hobby which requires most to drive long distances and go to places that are generally forced to make fake snow and groom. You're being hypocritical and nit-picking.

DaveNJ can’t ski bumps, he just can’t do it! No wonder he hates the ‘pile’.
    Learn to ski bumps ya grumpy bitch!
    crab in my shoe mouth

DugNap

There were these birds called butterflies
    They used to fly inside of the sea
    We had this stuff called oxygen
    It used to hang from all of the trees
    I can't remember nature
    I don't remember nature
    I can't remember nature
    There was this stuff we called the sky
    It was always filled with tiny rocks
    We had this thing we called the moon
    I used to go there for a walk
    I don't remember nature
    I can't remember nature
    I don't remember nature
    We had this stuff we called the land
    I used to swim there with the chipmonks
    There was this creature who had horns
    I think we called that thing a skunk
    I can't remember nature
    I don't remember nature
    I can't remember nature
    There were these worms called butterflies...

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Wrong thread jong!
    Sorry... stoke meter was on empty and it's all I got. Besides, I think you owe me for making the sacrifice?!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post

Skiing lift service on manmade shit that is all moguls and cost 10g or whatever to make is pretty weak, yes...unless you live close by, then whatever.

Hiking the rock pile, well in my case driving that time of year, is also pretty weak, but the rad factor is elevated...just because. And I'd hike if we could ski to the car, but my knees don't hike down anymore.

And the west is a whole other story and me thinks Tahoe could go to July this year.

So if your boss cut your pay in half and said, 'Hey I am paying you, stop being so nitpicky', you would be cool with that?

Please don't think that since the environmental impact is not zero, fuck it all.

The impact could be reduced. That is what everyone is (or should) be trying to do, if possible.

The costs to the community and VT are externalized for the most part. In the future they will have to tighten regs to keep things on track. Just like that have been doing.

I might be wrong, but I think that most skiers are pretty green and try to lead on environmental issues. That said, we are here because we are ski and want to bs about it. not to be monks on every related issue. I have never been in a heli, go out west every few seasons, and that is probably true for most of us. I'll also assume that most people here are like me and considerate and not just changing their oil every thousand miles and dumping it down the sewer, because it just doesn't strike me as this crowd and don't think it's worth purity testing everyone.

In some ways, this is exactly like the general political talks on this thread. We are all basically aligned, but a few zealots just want to splinter the crowd, kill stoke, and piss everyone off.

As for the tradeoffs we make as skiers, I think a lot of us live in major metros which are pretty green, even if we burn a little dinosaur blood to get to the hills. I literally never use my car except for recreation.

"The average emissions in New York City are about 30 percent less than the U.S. average," said Dodman. "This is because the primary factors contributing to individuals' greenhouse gas emissions are their use of energy and transportation. New York City residents tend to have smaller dwellings than the average American, so their heating needs are less, and they are also more reliant on public transportation."

So let's keep this focused on not being assholes, as usual.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think that most skiers are pretty green and try to lead on environmental issues. That said, we are here because we are ski and want to bs about it. not to be monks on every related issue. I have never been in a heli, go out west every few seasons, and that is probably true for most of us. I'll also assume that most people here are like me and considerate and not just changing their oil every thousand miles and dumping it down the sewer, because it just doesn't strike me as this crowd and don't think it's worth purity testing everyone.

In some ways, this is exactly like the general political talks on this thread. We are all basically aligned, but a few zealots just want to splinter the crowd, kill stoke, and piss everyone off.

As for the tradeoffs we make as skiers, I think a lot of us live in major metros which are pretty green, even if we burn a little dinosaur blood to get to the hills. I literally never use my car except for recreation.

"The average emissions in New York City are about 30 percent less than the U.S. average," said Dodman. "This is because the primary factors contributing to individuals' greenhouse gas emissions are their use of energy and transportation. New York City residents tend to have smaller dwellings than the average American, so their heating needs are less, and they are also more reliant on public transportation."

Saloon stoke

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Saloon stoke

sick, i wasn't calling you an asshole btw.

Minturn?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    DaveNJ can’t ski bumps, he just can’t do it! No wonder he hates the ‘pile’.
    Learn to ski bumps ya grumpy bitch!
    The challenge has been thrown down Dave. You want black or red?

Name:  DSC_8546-X2.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  200.6 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

sick, i wasn't calling you an asshole btw.

Minturn?
    Ding ding ding. We have a weiner.
    I skied back there every day for a week this year since I stayed down the street. So fun skiing out the gate 3.5 miles home.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Bolton once and 5,000 miles per year? If you cared that much, you'd ride a bike. That's cool of you and great for the environment, but we have much bigger issues than people using gas to drive to the mountain or Killington blowing a bunch of extra snow on Superstar. Guess what happens to those resorts and surrounding economy with no man-made snow or grooming?

That's the analogy you go to? It doesn't even make sense. I'm not saying fuck it all, at all. I am environmentally friendly, I recycle, don't litter, dispose of things the way you're supposed to, etc.
    Just saying some extra snow on Superstar isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. I'll say it again, where would New England resorts be without snow-making? If you really want to reduce that carbon footprint, better ban groomers while you're at it.

Nicely put.
    I'm even on board with people being gung-ho about saving the environment. There's just bigger fish to fry than extra snow on Superstar.

Bumps mean too many people went that way. Pow or I do something else....like go fishing.

Bumps mean too many people went that way. Pow or I do something else....like go fishing.
    Buttah wins by default?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

buttah wins cuz he fucking shreds bumps!
    buttah always wins.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Judging by the amount of heat packs, beer cans, etc littering lift corrals and lift lines I’d say the majority could care less. That being said, the diehard ski more than a few weekends skiers seem to be more conscientious.

By far in my opinion climbers (semi-professional and professional) are the biggest hypocrites in this arena. All their blog posts, articles, instagrams are about respect for the environment, and then they hop on planes and fly for smash and grab weekends in the Alaska Range. Not long ago there was an article about Climbing the nose in a day from NYC. That’s a huge footprint, fly from NYC, drive to the valley, climb the nose, drive back, fly to NYC in 24 hrs. I’ve done my fair share of fly in climbing and ski trips to far flung remote places. I’m pretty realistic that my footprint is above zero but that’s the cost of admission and when not “getting after it”I try to do my best.