Page 38 of 235 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Anyone find a functional link to the Mansfield Stake? Stowe seems to have taken it off their snow report and the UVM link seems broken?
    http://www.uvm.edu/skivt-l/?Page=depths.php

http://www.matthewparrilla.com/mansfield-stake/

been loving the excellent ski season in new England

all of us West coast expats (while our season so far is fine/ wonderful) are psyched to see this. so awesome to see east coast storm after storm.
    keep posting the stoke
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Ya, its gonna be added to NELSAP

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Brutal. Didn't know that was a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    Any rumors about Saddleback in Maine?
    Saturday's condo owner's meeting with Berry's and attorneys produced no hopeful news as to future ownership. Apparently Majella's name is in place to provide structure for current staff to keep unemployment insurance payments and other HR matters.

Friends Of Saddleback Mountain has a FB page. That is where I gleaned information to form the remarks above.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

It's good and bad. Interesting resource but sucks when one gets added http://www.nelsap.org/index.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Saturday's condo owner's meeting with Berry's and attorneys produced no hopeful news as to future ownership. Apparently Majella's name is in place to provide structure for current staff to keep unemployment insurance payments and other HR matters.

Friends Of Saddleback Mountain has a FB page. That is where I gleaned information to form the remarks above.
    Yeah, guessing the other group of buyers never materialized...the ones that wanted to turn it into a co-op like MRG?

My folks live in the area. Wish someone would snap it up!

I'm sure some of you got to see the incredible sky scene in NH (and maybe elsewhere in New England last week). Here is the Washington Post article about it https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...=.d4095f71883a

Snow stake graph link still busted.

Saddleback needs to go with the flow and just run it as a BC spot. Festivals, ect. A closed ski area is a fantastic recreational resource for a town. Maybe not as a financial driver, but certainly as a quality-of-life benefit.

"Skin It If You Can"

Maine, in general is not as blessed with the really nice naturally open birch gardens that provide such excellent natural back country as Vt and parts of NH. They could be THE SPOT in Maine for the fastest growing segment of the ski market to take root. Sell the lifts off, or most of them. Maybe run one on the weekends for locals. Could be great.

Cool article
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Yep! The Soup Sutton w buttered cracker bits in it was pretty good.
    God damn! I tried to convince the wife to head there this weekend. I didn't try hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    God damn! I tried to convince the wife to head there this weekend. I didn't try hard enough.
    Was aiming to go to Jay, which looked like the choice option for lift riding Saturday but a friend forgot his passport so we stayed north of the border. Sutton not as high, but at least I was.

Which reminds me: Someone asked for a TR of QC weedstores, so here goes:

Now I have nothing to compare this to, this was my only experience purchasing mj in a retail setting, but I imagine this is what it must have been like to obtain goods in a communist country. Empty shelves, bland decor, nothing to pickup up and look at. All the product is behind a counter and you must ask a retailer for what you are looking for and you may be permitted to hold the packaging under their supervision.

I think the idea was for it to be kind of like the Ontario Beer Store back when you could only get like 3 kinds of beer in Canada. You would walk in, ask a public servant for 6 twofours of Labatts or 50 or whatever and they would have it wheeled it out from back room for you and off you went until the next payday.

The retailer I consulted was friendly, pretty knowledgeable, and obviously high as fuck. He was sympathetic to the fact that the selection sucked, but besides sympathy could offer little else as it's not at all clear when shelves will be reasonably stocked. However, the selection of strains that they *should* have in stock according to giant screen TV on the wall is pretty impressive.

The selection of products includes flowers, joints, oils and sub-lingual sprays. I got a bit of everything. The product is actually really good, way above grade of what I've gotten the old fashion way. The prices are reasonable and based on the THC content of the product. Where as in the old days, everything was about 30$ for a 3.5, at the Societé de Cannabis you will pay approx 20 to 35 for a 3.5 depending on the strain. The packaging is absolutely ridiculous. Everything is excessive bulgy plastic containers wrapped in cardboard. Everything is childproof and plain. Blue cardboard boxes with white containers with the strain name and break down of % of THC, CBD. I picked up a strain called Plain Packaging that was quite good! The environmentalist in me cringes at the thought of the amount of garbage this market is creating. I'll admit though, I've seen some packaging from legal retailers in the US and it's no better. But there must be a market out there for the 0 waste cannabis consumer. My old fashion guy's baggies give me the impression of a much lower plastic waste footprint. Anyway, it's probably all recyclable... but still.

Finally, I would say, if you are coming up from the US and in a bind it's a good resource and probably worth the stop, but be warned that the pickings may be slim for now (i.e.: may only have very low THC bud left). You may be better off If you have other sources/option.
    Last edited by danmelon; 12-10-2018 at 07:16 AM.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    I'm sure some of you got to see the incredible sky scene in NH (and maybe elsewhere in New England last week). Here is the Washington Post article about it https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...=.d4095f71883a
    Like some of the other mags, my kid was on the lift that morning also. He said it was an incredibly cool visual. Other worldly.

edit - I was just reading some of the comments on that article...the 'jackstrawwichita' is NOT me!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Like some of the other mags, my kid was on the lift that morning also. He said it was an incredibly cool visual. Other worldly.

edit - I was just reading some of the comments on that article...the 'jackstrawwichita' is NOT me!
    Hahaha
    I thought it may have been you trolling

Halos on that magnitude and variety are pretty rare. I got this shot last year near my house but it isn't on the same level as those from Cannon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halos-2141.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	523.3 KB 
ID:	259372

Name:  Halos-labeled.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  192.6 KB
    1: 22 degree halo
    2: Sundog with faint parahelic arc
    3: faint sun pillar
    4: Circumzenithal arc
    5: Faint superlateral arc
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    been loving the excellent ski season in new England

all of us West coast expats (while our season so far is fine/ wonderful) are psyched to see this. so awesome to see east coast storm after storm.
    keep posting the stoke
    Waiting for folks in low tide regions to start booking ski trips back east. Wouldn't that be something.

Name:	IMG_7979.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	259371
    I can't remember the name of this trail off the top of my head but pretty sure it's due north from Butler Lodge. Way to get in there. That's a zone with some potential.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Was aiming to go to Jay, which looked like the choice option for lift riding Saturday but a friend forgot his passport so we stayed north of the border. Sutton not as high, but at least I was.

Which reminds me: Someone asked for a TR of QC weedstores, so here goes:

Now I have nothing to compare this to, this was my only experience purchasing mj in a retail setting, but I imagine this is what it must have been like to obtain goods in a communist country. Empty shelves, bland decor, nothing to pickup up and look at. All the product is behind a counter and you must ask a retailer for what you are looking for and you may be permitted to hold the packaging under their supervision.

I think the idea was for it to be kind of like the Ontario Beer Store back when you could only get like 3 kinds of beer in Canada. You would walk in, ask a public servant for 6 twofours of Labatts or 50 or whatever and they would have it wheeled it out from back room for you and off you went until the next payday.

The retailer I consulted was friendly, pretty knowledgeable, and obviously high as fuck. He was sympathetic to the fact that the selection sucked, but besides sympathy could offer little else as it's not at all clear when shelves will be reasonably stocked. However, the selection of strains that they *should* have in stock according to giant screen TV on the wall is pretty impressive.

The selection of products includes flowers, joints, oils and sub-lingual sprays. I got a bit of everything. The product is actually really good, way above grade of what I've gotten the old fashion way. The prices are reasonable and based on the THC content of the product. Where as in the old days, everything was about 30$ for a 3.5, at the Societé de Cannabis you will pay approx 20 to 35 for a 3.5 depending on the strain. The packaging is absolutely ridiculous. Everything is excessive bulgy plastic containers wrapped in cardboard. Everything is childproof and plain. Blue cardboard boxes with white containers with the strain name and break down of % of THC, CBD. I picked up a strain called Plain Packaging that was quite good! The environmentalist in me cringes at the thought of the amount of garbage this market is creating. I'll admit though, I've seen some packaging from legal retailers in the US and it's no better. But there must be a market out there for the 0 waste cannabis consumer. My old fashion guy's baggies give me the impression of a much lower plastic waste footprint. Anyway, it's probably all recyclable... but still.

Finally, I would say, if you are coming up from the US and in a bind it's a good resource and probably worth the stop, but be warned that the pickings may be slim for now (i.e.: may only have very low THC bud left). You may be better off If you have other sources/option.
    No grow your own in quebecistan right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Waiting for folks in low tide regions to start booking ski trips back east. Wouldn't that be something.

Name:	IMG_7979.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	259371
    I can't remember the name of this trail off the top of my head but pretty sure it's due north from Butler Lodge. Way to get in there. That's a zone with some potential.
    The trail named after the famed moose like critter that could only walk along contour because it's left legs were longer than its right?

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    No grow your own in quebecistan right?

Right for now. Quebs say no to grow your own but the Feds say you can grow 4 plants. So that could end up being a legal battle down the road.
    27° 18°

The trail named after the famed moose like critter that could only walk along contour because it's left legs were longer than its right?
    The males traveled in a clockwise direction, and the females in a counterclockwise direction, never deviating. Because of spending generations moving laterally in these patterns, their legs adapted, and one of them became much shorter than the other as a result, depending on the direction they moved.
    [...]
    Their unusual evolutionary adaptation wasn’t an issue for many generations – but unfortunately, it would eventually be their undoing. The males’ right legs and the females’ left legs kept getting shorter and shorter, until eventually, when a couple met to mate, they were no longer able too. As a result, [they] died out,
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Funnily enough, I'll be over in VT next week from the western reaches of MT.

Booked tickets way back and wasn't sure how the early season would set up. But the season here has been very ehhh so far, so definitely looking forward to getting some holiday turns in your neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Funnily enough, I'll be over in VT next week from the western reaches of MT.

Booked tickets way back and wasn't sure how the early season would set up. But the season here has been very ehhh so far, so definitely looking forward to getting some holiday turns in your neck of the woods.
    hope this high pressure breaks before then, i want to cash in some expiring get out of the office days before the calendar year ends and there's nothing doing on noaa
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    At least they didn't bring their skis and poles into the lodge
    Or maybe......
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    hope this high pressure breaks before then, i want to cash in some expiring get out of the office days before the calendar year ends and there's nothing doing on noaa
    Great snow right now. Cold temps. Get it.

Nope. A few mountains over. No name on that trail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Pretty damn good Mid December. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0296D757-F8DC-41B6-8CE9-C17B1DE0218C.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	447.0 KB 
ID:	259445