Page 27 of 235 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    K opening half hour early tomorrow. Wish I were a local.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Free refills all day tomorrow. 1” already sticking here and it’s coming down haaaahd.

^^Come out and play. I'll be at K tomorrow and Wednesday. Thanks to Vt-Freeheel's eagle eyes and prodigious spelling capability, I'll be skiing for FREE.

The Cat streaming base cam is surreal at night with the dumpage, it is just hammering

https://www.skiwildcat.com/web-cams/

^^Come out and play. I'll be at K tomorrow and Wednesday. Thanks to Vt-Freeheel's eagle eyes and prodigious spelling capability, I'll be skiing for FREE.
    wait a minute...can he spell prodigious???
    sleeping with my boots on

I just committed to Stowe this Saturday Sunday. I was not going to bring touring gear unless someone volunteers to let me tag along. Or if you are going to ride the lifts PM if you dont mind someone tagging along. I have not been up there in eons but I got an epic pass so making the trip.
    For those going to K I have a 2fer that I am not going to use that you can have. PM me.

0/2 on snowdays so far this year. Hope springs eternal, plan to be at Killington if I get the call.

In other news, one of my astute relatives has noticed a disturbing update to the Jay Peak trail map. The much beloved run Powerline has been renamed. The upper section is now called "601" and the lower section is ""Micky." Blasphemy in my opinion. Any Jay locals have insight into this matter? Inquiring minds need to know.

Reference image from March, 2015:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Powerline March 2015.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	257333
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

OK, well, here is the answer to my own question, from Steve Wright on FB:

601 was peg (Doheny’s) call number on the radio since the dawn of radio (well 43 yrs). Micky refers to Micky Doheny and his 45 years. The only way to ski the whole of the former, and blithely named if benign Powerline, is to ski 601 to Micky. This line, incidentally, is something that was transmitted over the radio thousands of times over their 80 aggregated year career as Peg seemed to be forever wondering about Mick’s whereabouts. Given it was Peg’s fave trail, we thought the rename to be proper.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

I’m hoping to get a couple of skin laps at lunch but don’t have the ability to take the whole day. K should be killer tomorrow. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    0/2 on snowdays so far this year. Hope springs eternal, plan to be at Killington if I get the call.
    Not sure what’s gotten into our superintendent this year but no school again today. I’ll regret this in June but, fuck it, time to ski some pow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It will be a good day watching webcams for us stuck in offices today. Have fun out on the hill if you can get out!

NE Roll Call 18/19

At least 10” and still falling. It’s dense “base building” snow. Just what we need.

Name:	IMG_2131.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	257364

Edited - Tape measure confirmed 12” on the deck.
    Last edited by Peruvian; 11-27-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Nokia won the gimmie battle

Name:	20181125_214210.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	257365

12" bob of heavy snow, bring your strong game. Trees are heavily loaded and sagging which is a factor in the power going out a half dozen times so far. Could be an issue this afternoon when the winds pick up.

GS Podium

Name:	8H2A3172.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	257366

1 1 1 1 1

Name:	8H2A3544.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	257368

Carve

Name:	8H2A3554.jpg 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	257369

USA!

Name:	8H2A3605.jpg 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	257367
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Don't show up at mrg looking to skin.... they'll kindly ask you to go away ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8” of super glue here in the adk

Storming pretty hard at saddleback second fellow just pulled in he is all hung ho. I’m eating pie

Just heard a good size boom and the power went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    Don't show up at mrg looking to skin.... they'll kindly ask you to go away ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This morning? They're usually fine with it IME as long as it's well before lift ops on weekdays.

Surprisingly only a few in line for Super Bravo right now on the webcam, cant believe Ellen doesnt open for a while still.

fuck work fuck meetings fuck me

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    fuck work fuck meetings fuck me
    Sitting on a conference call with Boston, in China, watching snow fall in VT...

Quote Originally Posted by clubhousebmx View Post
    This morning? They're usually fine with it IME as long as it's well before lift ops on weekdays.
    Uphill ban until further notice. They are not running lifts til the weekend... They claim for "snow preservation". It rained quite a bit before this snow event so I suspect they want the snow to drain and set up before much skier traffic.

https://www.madriverglen.com/please-...uphill-travel/

I can't help but think however that some shareholders are getting sick of finding the mtn completely tracked out when they finally open the lifts....

Quote Originally Posted by clubhousebmx View Post

Surprisingly only a few in line for Super Bravo right now on the webcam, cant believe Ellen doesnt open for a while still.
    Check the website. MRG is politely asking (telling) folks not to skin this week.

" Due to the nature of this weather event we ask our community to refrain from hiking, skiing or skinning on the mountain until you hear otherwise."

#1 reason I'll never buy an MRG Pass again. The free for all skin tracks, hackers and dozens of dogs is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    Uphill ban until further notice. They are not running lifts til the weekend... They claim for "snow preservation". It rained quite a bit before this snow event so I suspect they want the snow to drain and set up before much skier traffic.

https://www.madriverglen.com/please-...uphill-travel/

I can't help but think however that some shareholders are getting sick of finding the mtn completely tracked out when they finally open the lifts....
    No doubt some of the kool aid drinking valley Brahmins get their skirts in a twist over skinning. The bad liver valley is an odd insular place.

I really wish the superintendent would stop closing schools for three inch snow storms. WTF, it’s VT, it snows, going to be a long ass winter if she keeps this up.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    8” of super glue here in the adk
    Lol.

Great avatar. I have that on a tee-shirt. Bought it from a guy over at PT.